Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, cyrusr said:

There have been too many pictures of Xia in this thread... 

Anyway, reading the quotes from Smith, think we are looking at 2 more signings I think and Rashica/Barkley fit what is being mooted.

Sorry Joey Tribbiani GIF

• Haha 1

Swedish papers are claiming we along with French side Nimes are interested in Niclas Eliasson from Bristol City.

Surely not and this is just lazy crap since we just played them in the cup. He is not good enough for where we are aiming.

17 minutes ago, sne said:

Swedish papers are claiming we along with French side Nimes are interested in Niclas Eliasson from Bristol City.

Surely not and this is just lazy crap since we just played them in the cup. He is not good enough for where we are aiming.

Probably not but I would view him as an upgrade on El Ghazi/Trez. Not saying much though.

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

Some of the comments on this thread are ridiculous.

We’ve kept Jack and Luiz. We’ve significantly upgraded four first team positions with probably two more to come.

Again, we’ve spent more than anyone near our size as a club in the world despite the pandemic and loss of revenue etc.

Let’s see where we are in two weeks with  probably another left forward and all action midfielder onboard.

Yup, what I think some fail to recognise is that saying we are "short" is a nice way of saying options have been shite,  or currently short in a particular area, not that we don't have any. Lol

More about upgrading the quality of the squad generally than quantity .

Yeah we need more but can't do it all in one window. We have big players back to fitness and hopefully some improvement from last season's newbies.

Ramsey coming through etc.

Wouldn't surprise me if we revisited options in January as well.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

9 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I would throw Ramsey right in the thick of it, think the kid has it in spades 

No need for me yet, games in the cup again lower league opposition is a great chance. I thinks hes looked good but often that's because of his age. Lansbury for me has been better overall in both games. 

Ramsey just needs time, I'd like to see him with a year in the championship on loan. 

3 hours ago, Greenfly said:

resigned to watching Hourihane, Trez and El Ghazi in our starting 11 at numerous points this season , when I had dreams of them being given the odd 10 mins here and there

The good thing is all of them - and I’m starting to think even Lansbury - are good enough to start a few PL games. You probably don’t want any of them starting 25-30 games each but if we get one more signing in midfield or attack then none of them would be in our strongest 11 and they are all OK as squad players for a team in our position. Then I’d love to see the likes of Ramsey kick on and leapfrog them in the pecking order.

9 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Ramsey just needs time, I'd like to see him with a year in the championship on loan

I just don’t think he needs that. He’s shown he can do it in the lower leagues. He’s showing in the League Cup he’s fine playing against men. I’d rather he was here with our coaches training with the likes of Grealish.

Agreed I wouldn’t just throw him in but I’d be starting him in every cup game and giving him minutes off the bench and let’s see what he can do at this level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cyrusr said:

There have been too many pictures of Xia in this thread... 

Anyway, reading the quotes from Smith, think we are looking at 2 more signings I think and Rashica/Barkley fit what is being mooted.

If we land those two it will have been an incredible window. 

Rashica——Watkins——Traoré 

Grealish———Luiz———Barkley

Targett—Mings—Konsa——Cash

——————Martinez—————

That’s a serious team with a few decent options on the bench. 

To think we could’ve easily gone down...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Philosopher said:

I agree on Sarr. Not really Brewster as he's an out and out striker. Benrahma can replace Jack if Jack is being used as a left winger, but he doesn't have the same level of class. Not seen Benrahma in the middle so can't compare.

Buendia is proven in the Premier league, and plays on the right so rather than get in Jack's way he would compliment Jack and make his task easier as he won't have to worry about getting across the pitch, and can stay in the centre left position drifting out to the left. Then Buendia can drift inside to the centre when Jack drifts to the left. This then create space for cash to overlap. You lots of movement and changing of positions too as Watkins can drift right and open up space for Sarr or Rashica to move forward into the left centre striker position when Jack drifts left.

Buendia can also play in the middle. So you get an extra playmaker in the team which takes some of the heat off Jack but in a way that doesn't negatively impact Jack's effectiveness, and you get a replacement if he is injured or rested. Plus you get a player that created more chances in the Premier league than everyone bar Jack and De Bruyne. Add the fact that we have a distinct lack of invention on the right he would really be the ideal signing in my eyes.

Nearly forgot. The other thing you get with a cultured right footer on the right and a right footed inside forward is that final third cross field ball from the right winger playmaker in that inside right position from the edge of the final third across to the left inside forward around the corner of the 18 yard box which what Man City utilise so effectively with De Bruyne to Sterling.

This^

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

On the transfer window…

“We’re always looking in the market, we’re probably one short in the squad at the moment so we’ll keep looking at that.

“Things change very quickly in football.

“I think there’s seven days left until the window shuts internationally, another seven days domestically.

“Our sporting director at the moment has got his finger on the pulse, hopefully we might get one more in and maybe a couple more out.

“There’s a number of positions, obviously Ally (Samatta) going out, you look at the forward line, but also midfield as well.

“We’ll see if there’s one who can fit both for us.”

very interesting, "we will see if there is one who can fit both for us"..........

so a player who can play midfield and in the forward line, wonder who would cover both bases?, probably looking at Barkley or RLC then?

I read that as 1 down, referring to Ally going, and wants someone to play the forward line and midfield aswell...

As many have stated, Rashica can fill both positions.

24 minutes ago, Awol said:

Rashica——Watkins——Traoré 

——————Martinez—————

Yeah and on that bench we would have the options of Heaton (when fit), Steer, Guilbert, Elmo, Hause, Engels (when not AWOL), Nakamba, McGinn(!), Hourihane, Trezeguet, El Ghazi Wesley (when fit) and Davis. All of whom, IMO definitely offer at least something as part of a squad for where we are/should be this season. 

If we somehow got an upgrade on Taylor as well that would be a cracking window.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Awol said:

Rashica——Watkins——Traoré 

——————Martinez—————

As a 4231 that would be mint

Watkins

Rashica        Grealish     Traore 

Luiz    Barkley 

Targett    Mings     Konsa     Cash

Martinet

If I was greedy, a better LB, Targett is just good enough defensively for me. But on paper I see a lot of creativity and better structure 

• Like 3