Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

That highlights video is one of the worst I've ever seen. Made him look like Leandro Bacuna. So that means he'll be good. Sign him up.

Ditto. Absolutely shocking.  I very much hope we DON'T sign him.

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Cyprien was great a couple of years ago, had an average time mostly last season.

Nice have near Aston Villa levels of cash with Jim Radcliffe as owner. They're making a push to be France's #2/3 club with some good investment recently, would be surprised to see them let their main man go. Suspicious almost.

I've suggested him on here before, would be great get for that price. A dynamic CM who can get around and has plenty of ball carrying ability. Not sure he's exactly what we need, but he is a good player.

I was about to ask about him as I’ve never heard of him. Saw this post and now I’m interested in what he might do for us. Cheers 👌

The Cyprien video I posted is actually the most recent one, I purposely selected it because it contained highlights from last season, whereas the second video posted of him is almost three years old. Still I don't think you can judge from highlight reels too much either way.

I'd be surprised if we were in for both him and Barkley.

2 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Cyprien - EUR 17.5M for a player with 1 year left on his contract, has not played a match for the last 10 months and has a history of injuries seems a lot for someone that is mostly linked with lower mid-table sides across Europe. 

I have heard of him which means he was once rated, I have never seen him play so I can't speak of his talent.

What I can do is what you have just done and listed the situation which one assumes tells its own story somewhat.....

A history of injury, 1 year left on his contract, turns 26 in January, best part of 20 million, plays for a good club in France, club is owned by one of the richest men in the world.....

To me this says if Nice wanted him they could keep him as their owner is so rich they could afford for him to go out of contract or offer him terms he would accept. To me it says the fee is too high for a player with a year on his contract, to me it says if he was going to be a top player its likely he already would be.

15 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I have heard of him which means he was once rated, I have never seen him play so I can't speak of his talent.

What I can do is what you have just done and listed the situation which one assumes tells its own story somewhat.....

A history of injury, 1 year left on his contract, turns 26 in January, best part of 20 million, plays for a good club in France, club is owned by one of the richest men in the world.....

To me this says if Nice wanted him they could keep him as their owner is so rich they could afford for him to go out of contract or offer him terms he would accept. To me it says the fee is too high for a player with a year on his contract, to me it says if he was going to be a top player its likely he already would be.

And to me, he looks an absolute crock of shite who looks like he would struggle at this level, imo.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

And to me, he looks an absolute crock of shite who looks like he would struggle at this level, imo.

I’m not saying he is rubbish or wouldn’t improve the squad but that isn’t the bench mark for players we should spend that kind of sum on.

3 hours ago, useless said:

Here's a write-up on Cyprien, makes him sound like the kind of midfielder that does a lot of good things that wouldn't really make for a good highlights video, and as a consequence the kind that our fans are often unable to appreciate because many think midfielders have to be constantly playing killer paces, dribbling around everyone and so on to be making a positive contribution.

'The 2018/19 campaign saw him appear in north of 2,300 minutes. A key cog in Patrick Vieira's midfield, Cyprien scored on four occasions and chipped in with two assists. He was on par with the expected numbers suggesting his goals total should've been 4.26 while his assist total was 1.57.

As shown in the graphic above, he doesn't play many key passes, just 0.99 per 90, and he completes just 0.76 of the 1.18 dribbles he attempts. The numbers don't scream press-resistant and he doesn't appear to be a creative hub.

Yet he's one of those players who seems to make everything tick. Only four midfielders average more than his 72 passes per 90 and he's fairly accurate, too, completing 89 per cent. Cyprien is the conductor. He won't steal the show but without him there's no rhythm or purpose to the play.

His passing sonar highlights this. His distribution of passes is fairly even and though he's not overly progressive or incisive, there's is a variety to his game. This unpredictability makes him difficult to smother. Opponents struggle to nullify him despite knowing Cyprien is ground zero for everything good Nice do.

The 24-year-old is also something of a set-piece expert. Last season, he assisted 1.29 shots per 90 minutes from set pieces alone. He scored one direct free-kick and hit the woodwork on three occasions. It isn't something teams should rely on but it's definitely an added bonus. It gives Cyprien the wildcard factor and is another string to bow.

He isn't a player to excite fans but he's the sort every midfield unit needs to function to their full capabilities. He could do a job for all of the top six as well as a number of clubs looking to gatecrash the European places next season.'

Do we need an Ashley Westwood type?