Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, RichiBoi11 said:

This is just another example of how journalistic standards are continuing to slip at Sky. They just make stuff up, so you can pretty much ignore the large majority of what they say when itcomes to any clubs transfers, it's all guess work.

This would imply at some point they had some journalistic standards. I don't think that's ever been the case.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

can we keep doug’s buyback clause conversion to his thread please. Best yet, read the thread and shut up 

it’s getting repetitive now 

Smash Bill Murray GIF by Groundhog Day

Wow.

Do we need to check all 1150 pages to ensure we dont repeat ourselves?

Do we need to cross reference all individual dedicated threads before carelessly posting possibly duplicated information or anything more appropriately directed under the dedicated thread?

With this clamp down, how are we gong to hit 2000 pages before the window shuts?

32 minutes ago, striker said:

Sky Transfers have just said Villa don’t have a lot of money left. Maybe one more midfielder in on loan and that’s it.

No mention of Rashsica or anyone else Villa have been linked to here.

Let hope Villa turn that on its head?

Would that be those 3 clowns sitting round the table discussing speculation 'Transfer Centre'?

It's comical viewing, they don't know shit either.

2 hours ago, Rolta said:

Unless we were haggling over the fee with Bremen, which is massively possible despite your expressing of your opinion. Look at Watkins for example—do you not think Watkins wanted to come to us? So what was the hold up there? Considering how much we spent on him, you'd imagine it was the fee Brentford were asking for.

There could be all sorts of clauses being negotiated - not just the overall fee. Look how long it takes to buy a house after you've negotiated the price. 

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Would that be those 3 clowns sitting round the table discussing speculation 'Transfer Centre'?

It's comical viewing, they don't know shit either.

I saw it too. It was our old friend Rob Dorsett who was stood in front of his book case full of Leicester City books. He knows sweet fa about Villa.

31 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

This is just another example of how journalistic standards are continuing to slip at Sky. They just make stuff up, so you can pretty much ignore the large majority of what they say when itcomes to any clubs transfers, it's all guess work.

have they retracted yet

44 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Can Luiz refuse to return to City if they invoke the buy back clause? That does not seem to make sense from City's end. Anyone know the legal stance on this? 

I know I would love us to keep him.

I'm pretty sure we have a legal binding agreement that we accept the transfer of 35m*, then it's up to Dougie to accept personal terms. He could refuse them and he stays a Villa player but if Man city come knocking they could double his wages if they wanted and he'll go

10 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I'm pretty sure we have a legal binding agreement that we accept the transfer of 35m*, then it's up to Dougie to accept personal terms. He could refuse them and he stays a Villa player but if Man city come knocking they could double his wages if they wanted and he'll go

This is correct. Same as anyone else who tries to buy him but they have a fixed price we would have to accept.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, thunderball said:

@Adam2003 but when we sold Adama he was rubbish, Barcelona were not bothered. And if Barcelona wanted to buy Luiz for £50m, Man City would exercise their option and flip him on for a profit as they have done before.

I would just rather we don’t entertain those sorts of deals again.

Now what do you think of Chris Mepham?

I remember him going to Bournemouth for about £15m,which was one of the highest transfers from the Championship at the time. He hadn't really lived up to that price tag, but I do love the smell of fresh Mepham rumours first thing in the morning. 

war film GIF

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

A glorified loan where you're stuck with the player for years if the move is a disaster, after spending lots of money signing them in the first place.

You could literally describe every permanent transfer the same way.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Why is everyone getting so butt hurt when someone from the media say we have no more transfer funds? Let them be wrong, I’m sure we’ll prove them wrong...cure GIF

Well if no one else is gonna post one, then I'll have to do it:

images (6).jpeg

• Haha 1