Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

53 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If we sign Edouard I’ll give £100 to VT.

I’m not saying we’ll sign him, but I have a sneaky feeling that a bid will go in nearer the end of the window for him.

Celtic are being forced to sell him due to COVID , they obviously want as much as they can get for him but as time goes on they will be forced to take a lower offer. (All in my opinion of course)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

In the case of Luiz though we risk losing the player for a lot less than his market value should City decide that's what they want to do. We have Luiz this season because City say so - if they chose otherwise, then yes, both teams would profit on the initial fee we paid, but the control, the decision making lies with City - I'm sure we're not satisfied with that.

I think we'd be reluctant to take on another loan with buyback option because of that loss of control.

Why not take another deal like that?

Jack and Luiz were our best players in Restart and without Luiz we would have gone down given how close the margins were.

So whatever we may lose should Man City trigger the release clause (and obviously it will increase materially after the window) we made a ton more just by staying up.

Just like Sheff Utd got a massive gain on Having Henderson for the last two years.

i mean put it this way who would you rather have had last season, Tammy on loan or the permanent signings of Wes and Samatta?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Have you ever seen him play mate? 

Not enough to know enough, scots highlights only pal, seems a very strong lad, can strike the ball, I've obv seen that 35 yarder in the league, Scratch that, apparently he's pants and they can keep him

What you think of him?

Edited by Phil Silvers

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Talk of Scott Mckenna possibly on move from Aberdeen, prob cost 8-10m, covers both CB and LB positions, would you, wouldn't you? 

Haha no way, I live here and even the Aberdeen fans are happy to get rid.

Villa stupidly offered £7million a few years ago under Bruce when McKenna's stock was high but he has not developed. Aberdeen turned it down as it was a panic buy from Bruce who left it late in the window and they couldn't source a replacement.

Think Forest have agreed a fee for him though, I'd imagine £4million maximum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Haha no way, I live here and even the Aberdeen fans are happy to get rid.

Villa stupidly offered £7million a few years ago under Bruce when McKenna's stock was high but he has not developed. Aberdeen turned it down as it was a panic buy from Bruce who left it late in the window and they couldn't source a replacement.

Think Forest have agreed a fee for him though, I'd imagine £4million maximum.

Yep, thought so, no way I'd flip him for Korts, infact I can't stand the bugger🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Once Rashica is in, I imagine we’ll chill a bit and wait to see who becomes available for a fair price. It’s nice to be in a position where you’re reasonably happy with your business and aren’t held to hostage by the selling club.

I’d like us to be targeting Rashica, Brewster, Henry and Hughes. Can’t imagine we’d have budget for all 4 but if we can shift a few and the selling clubs panic as the window comes to a close, who knows. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I found this "coloured" up pic of one of our old FA Cup winning teams on tweeter today. A replica of the beast of a man who is far right of the back row might be enough to fulfil the big unit the likes of TRO are looking for in midfield... 

By the way, it is a cracking photograph. 

Edit: Just read on tweeter that the player second from the left in the middle row (Garraty) is Jack Grealish's great, great grandfather. 💪

Thanks for that lovely picture! Love posts like this, VT at its best. Nice shirts as well!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Not enough to know enough, scots highlights only pal, seems a very strong lad, can strike the ball, I've obv seen that 35 yarder in the league, Scratch that, apparently he's pants and they can keep him

What you think of him?

Read this since you edited but yeah he is just a big slogger, he's not a footballer at all.

• Thanks 1

Curious with the lack of links to CBs bar that defender playing in Turkey which randomly pops up every three weeks seemingly.

Engels seems missing in action again so dosen't strike me as a credible option to rely on so we're only really down to 3 CBs which is risky if Mings hamstring goes again as it did in December.

Newcastle want to move Fabian Schar on. He was excellent for them under Benitez so surprised Bruce wants to get rid, they only signed him for 3m so I imagine they won't be asking for a stupid amount. Think that's the sort of signing that would improve the squad and arguably first 11. Only 28.

• Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually remember at one point alot of us were desperate to get him lol.

Shows how much we know.

Can remember end of that window also that French CB who came to Bodymoor to have a look around but decided against moving. Moved to Boro last January and was s***. Harold something.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I found this "coloured" up pic of one of our old FA Cup winning teams on tweeter today. A replica of the beast of a man who is far right of the back row might be enough to fulfil the big unit the likes of TRO are looking for in midfield... 

By the way, it is a cracking photograph. 

Edit: Just read on tweeter that the player second from the left in the middle row (Garraty) is Jack Grealish's great, great grandfather. 💪

I concur, thanks for posting this, do you want to re post it in The History thread? It's more likely to be seen there in future years when the transfer thread has been consigned to.....well.....history.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Thanks for that lovely picture! Love posts like this, VT at its best. Nice shirts as well!

Who is the unit far right, top row before staff? He’s probably twice the width of any other player on that picture lol!

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

Who is the unit far right, top row before staff? He’s probably twice the width of any other player on that picture lol!

His name is Billy George. He was goalkeeper at Villa for 14 years and played cricket for Warwickshire. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rayk said:

Why not take another deal like that?

Jack and Luiz were our best players in Restart and without Luiz we would have gone down given how close the margins were.

So whatever we may lose should Man City trigger the release clause (and obviously it will increase materially after the window) we made a ton more just by staying up.

Just like Sheff Utd got a massive gain on Having Henderson for the last two years.

i mean put it this way who would you rather have had last season, Tammy on loan or the permanent signings of Wes and Samatta?

Because it’s no way to build a team. It’s basically a loan.

• Like 2