Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

I still think we could do with another creative player. Yes we have Traoré to come in but looking at the bench there’s not to much that can change a game.  I like Hourihane but I’m not sure he should be starting games.

One more midfielder signing that could wide or in the middle would be great but if it isn’t to be I think we have enough to be ok this season. 

Adam Armstrong started season off strongly for Blackburn, i went watch Coventry a few years back when he was on loan from Newcastle. He really impressed.

Only 23 year's , good player that can only keep improving, has a very good work ethic similar to Ollie Watkins and just wants to keep improving his all round game and keep scoring. Armstrong is a player that improves each season. 4 goals in 2 games this season, 16 goals last season.

Hopefully our scouts monitor him this season..

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Please please PLEASE dont make grand sweeping statements after our first game. Yes we need a few players still but this is the first proper game in which we beat a very stubborn, very organised team that always seem to beat us or draw.

Perspective, please. We made hard work of it but we'll only get better.

Fair play, and I personally might have been harsh.

HOWEVER, let's be real, we are not new to some of these players.

The character traits still remain, and it's not necessarily rash to make judgements on certain players we have been watching for 2 - 3 years plus. (Kinda contradicting myself there)

I feel it is getting to the point where we might have to start admitting that some of our "favourites" just don't have the quality to cut it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Rashica and Barkley would do nicely.

No thanks to Barkley. Plus he wouldn't want to come here, would want huge wage similar to Jack's and huge probably signing on fee. No, No

**** that!!!

Rashica yes 100%

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3

We need a central midfielder for sure. McGinn, sadly, is a million miles of his old self. Hourihane is simply too slow and lacks the quality. 

Left back cover is needed. Targett is OK. He was conned tonight and again had no cover from Grealish when they attacked down our left side. 

• Like 1

Honestly, all this talk of creative players and back up strikers is going to be a moot point if teams continue to stroll through the middle of the park against us.

We need a big, strong physical player in the middle of the park alongside Luiz. It’s an absolute must. 

You then decide whether to play Grealish or McGinn as the 10 but none of that matters until you get a decent defensive midfielder in there. Luiz is a ball player and a damn fine one at that. A defensive midfielder he is not.

Prioritise. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Barkley is making the match day squads and getting game time so it looks doubtful.

bad attitude, he'll probably want  north of £100k week almost in Jack's pay zone.

hasn't contribute much for few years at Chelsea that's why they trying get rid.

We need player's on the  way up pref under 25 not on  way down like Barkley and also player's who want to play for our football club. Barkley has West Ham written all over it and we know how that goes at that club

Look how Drinkwater turned out? he has a similar attitude to Barkley.

Edited by Villan4Life

Backpedaling a bit from what I said in the pre match thread about Sheff U not having any really good players, I forgot about Lundstram. He impressed last year and was as good today, I think he is exactly what we need in midfield, a strong and fast box to box midfielder who works his socks off and can also play a bit. Outfought McGinn. 

He is in his last year of his contract as well. Get it done! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Rashica and Barkley would do nicely.

15 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Is Odsonne Edouard asking too much too?

You're replying to yourself. 

Who know's? what Edouard wants for a weekly wage but will be a lot less than Barkley.

od.jpg

Edited by Villan4Life

10 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Backpedaling a bit from what I said in the pre match thread about Sheff U not having any really good players, I forgot about Lundstram. He impressed last year and was as good today, I think he is exactly what we need in midfield, a strong and fast box to box midfielder who works his socks off and can also play a bit. Outfought McGinn. 

He is in his last year of his contract as well. Get it done! 

@Villan4Life what would you say about Lundstram?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

@Villan4Life what would you say about Lundstram?

I really like him at player mate,  but i feel we need a lot better than him for a central mid  role mate

He's a good player and taken to the prem like duck to water but i just feel their is much better out there.

UTV

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1