Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Can remember end of that window also that French CB who came to Bodymoor to have a look around but decided against moving. Moved to Boro last January and was s***. Harold something.

Really? I didn’t ever see him play for Boro but according to this he was good?

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-transfer-rumours-harold-moukoudi-18367185

He has certainly impressed the Boro boss. “He’s going to be a real player,” was Jonathan Woodgate's early assessment. 

"His composure, he’s very good on the ball; quick, strong. He’s going to be a very good player that kid.”

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

And the 2 was the jammiest of penalties. Spurs could very easily have got another 3 or more as well. 

Southampton defending was shocking. 

It was tongue in cheek and I didn’t see the game, but I feel they have been on a forward momentum since their Leicester hiding last season. Hasenhuttl’s style seems to be working and bringing results, I expect them to kick on. Clearly a hammering today though.

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Because it’s no way to build a team. It’s basically a loan.

But we wouldn’t be building the team on that sort of deal.

Until we are fully established and mid table surely it makes sense NOT to rule out that type of deal for the right player?

Just now, rayk said:

That was the year before ....this was last year.

That Harold bloke strung us along and stuck his nose up at us then went ended up there, reminds me of some knob that went on to manage England and is sh1t (the one with the gigantic nose and 2nd only to Matt Hancock as the biggest tit in the country)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thunderball said:

It was tongue in cheek and I didn’t see the game, but I feel they have been on a forward momentum since their Leicester hiding last season. Hasenhuttl’s style seems to be working and bringing results, I expect them to kick on. Clearly a hammering today though.

Southampton played well first half, should've been 3-1 up. Second half was a bruta lesson in not parking your defence 40 yards up the field against Kane and Son though.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

That Harold bloke strung us along and stuck his nose up at us then went ended up there, reminds me of some knob that went on to manage England and is sh1t (the one with the gigantic nose and 2nd only to Matt Hancock as the biggest tit in the country)

The stringing us along bit sounds very much like a certain Kosovan winger at the moment.....yet people still want him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

The stringing us along bit sounds very much like a certain Kosovan winger at the moment.....yet people still want him.

What if it's down to the club and the transfer fee? You know that's possible though, so why say it like you have?

8 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Nah he was keen until Steve Bruce managed to talk him out of a move.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I had them as relegation candidates when Hojbjerg left and first 2 results opinion hasn't changed

29 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Just like Jim Cumbes then 

Billy George was probably a better keeper than Jim, given he played for England. Jim was probably the better bowler though, as George's 13 first class games for Warwickshire, were as a a batsman. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Because it’s no way to build a team. It’s basically a loan.

The first sentence here is true. The second is not. It’s nothing like a loan. You would never look at Adams Traore’s time here and career since and say “Villa basically had him on loan from Barcelona.”