Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Sky Transfers have just said Villa don’t have a lot of money left. Maybe one more midfielder in on loan and that’s it.

No mention of Rashsica or anyone else Villa have been linked to here.

Let hope Villa turn that on its head?

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Sky Transfers have just said Villa don’t have a lot of money left. Maybe one more midfielder in on loan and that’s it.

Was that Rob Dorsett again by any chance?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Not getting at you, this is aimed at Sky: why would Dean Smith make a comment about still trying to sign a couple more players then?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, striker said:

I wouldn’t worry about sky they ain’t got a clue what’s going on

6 minutes ago, striker said:

I don’t think that’s true but supposing it was spending £35m on a keeper and a RB would have been borderline certifiable. 

I say I don’t think because I’ve seen us do plenty of certifiable stuff in the transfer window before. Selling Elphick and not replacing him springs to mind. 

Edited by villaglint

9 minutes ago, striker said:

Sky have no idea on the Villa budget, much like myself. Or anyone outside of Purslow, Lange, Eden’s, Sawiris, or Smith. 
Didn’t the FFP expert who podcasts with Jonny Gould say that we could spend £200m+ if we wanted to, as long as it was balanced with £0 next summer? The Sky reports are mostly pure guesswork 

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

One other big difference, the player gets a choice as well.

It's a buy back clause with agreed fee. The key bit is to make the player feels special, show the intent of the club and make it so he doesn't want to return. 

Difficult I know.

Can Luiz refuse to return to City if they invoke the buy back clause? That does not seem to make sense from City's end. Anyone know the legal stance on this? 

I know I would love us to keep him.

16 minutes ago, striker said:

Phil McNulty from the BBC reported the same thing a few days ago, to which hundreds of Villa fans told him that Smith had essentially said the opposite in the pre-match presser (Smith said that we were still in for a number of players). McNulty then went on to angrily respond to a load of Villa fans (myself included), advising that he had been given info from someone..... and there was me foolishly thinking that journalists would check for information from multiple sources, or at least check that someone at the club hadn't completely contradicted the info, before sharing it to the world :lol:

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Can Luiz refuse to return to City if they invoke the buy back clause? That does not seem to make sense from City's end. Anyone know the legal stance on this? 

I know I would love us to keep him.

If he was made to go there against his will wouldn’t it be forced labour?

19 minutes ago, striker said:

We on VillaTalk know more than Sky.  They are generalists, tail-end Charlies, they just report on everyone else after the event, they are not investigative or digging deep.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

FB_IMG_1600693324803.jpg

Being the beacon of truth they are.

This is just another example of how journalistic standards are continuing to slip at Sky. They just make stuff up, so you can pretty much ignore the large majority of what they say when itcomes to any clubs transfers, it's all guess work.

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

FB_IMG_1600693324803.jpg

Being the beacon of truth they are.

I know it is impractical for a number of reasons but wouldnt it be brilliant if clubs, owners, managers and players started calling the media out like this every time they published made up nonsense

• Like 2

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

can we keep doug’s buyback clause conversion to his thread please. Best yet, read the thread and shut up 

it’s getting repetitive now 

Smash Bill Murray GIF by Groundhog Day

Tired Wake Up GIF by Working Title

How rude. 

5 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Sky have no idea on the Villa budget, much like myself. Or anyone outside of Purslow, Lange, Eden’s, Sawiris, or Smith. 
Didn’t the FFP expert who podcasts with Jonny Gould say that we could spend £200m+ if we wanted to, as long as it was balanced with £0 next summer? The Sky reports are mostly pure guesswork 

My guess is that we are looking at multiple players but only have enough in the originally planned budget to spend ££ on one of those (e.g., Rashica). 

Then, we are trying to loan/sell other players (Samatta, Guilbert, Engels, etc.) to fund other transfers, such as a new CB. That's why we're not looking at shipping out players like Taylor/Elmo, and I mean this from a purely financial level, disregarding their contributions to experience, the dressing room, and on the pitch. We won't get much for them anyways, but they are our back-ups in those positions this season and are off the books next season, when they can be replaced. So, since we already have two players in those positions (RB: Cash, Elmo; LB: Targett, Taylor), we can ship out an extra RB like Guilbert to free up funds for another position (e.g., CB), and then get a new RB next season (either as back-up or a starter shall Cash flounder).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, striker said:

Let's just hope whoever drew up the budget wasn't relying on large amounts of income from player sales.

• Haha 1