Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Lb is a real worry for me. Have to get Rachica in. A central midfielder would nice too.

What is all this about Barkley having a bad attitude? Where does it come from. Is anyone on here that even knows someone that knows him? I don't want us to sign him as I don't think he's the answer, but all this bad attitude, d***head, rocket polisher talk seems rather ridiculous, in an unfair way.

37 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I really don’t get this obsession with having a big, strong, tall midfielder in the middle. It just feels way too simplistic to say that’s the solution.

I’m pretty sure half of the teams in the league don’t have big, tall ‘Phillip Billing built’ types in midfield.

Sander Berge looks quality, he's 6ft 5"

13 minutes ago, useless said:

"I'm still discussing with Christian (Purslow) and Johan (Lange) about getting some more in but we'll have to see."

They should have told him to stop chatting sh*t as we've all seen what Sky and McNulty have said.

Deano is worse than bloody Villareport!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Lb is a real worry for me. Have to get Rachica in. A central midfielder would nice too.

What is all this about Barkley having a bad attitude? Where does it come from. Is anyone on here that even knows someone that knows him? I don't want us to sign him as I don't think he's the answer, but all this bad attitude, d***head, rocket polisher talk seems rather ridiculous, in an unfair way.

As someone else posted earlier in the thread, the same things said about him, are similar to what opposition fans say/think about Jack.

When the truth is we really don't know.

I know there's still some weak spots in our squad but there's absolutely no way we're going to sign another winger, striker, LB and a CM. Personally, I don't want us signing that many players. 

If we can get Rashica sorted rather soon I'd be fine if that was our window. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Extremely unfair and not true ... barkley has got a good attitude hes not a regular for chelsea but doesn’t kick up a fuss and puts in effort when called upon

Konsa was tonights MOM imo and i still feel a CB will be required to possibly rotate with him in case he drops in consistency. Cash looks like the best RB ive seen in years at VP albeit its only his first match ill not get carried away... still uncertain about Watkins definitely going to need more support closer to him around the box area. 

Martinez I absolutely love the guy not just the superb penalty save but his attitude and desire and what he said about the club.. his statement alone was worth the money we paid for him.. he will always have a place in my heart aslong as he carries that attitude throughout his time here and thats what football is about.

Rashica and a CM please guys!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I know there's still some weak spots in our squad but there's absolutely no way we're going to sign another winger, striker, LB and a CM. Personally, I don't want us signing that many players. 

If we can get Rashica sorted rather soon I'd be fine if that was our window. 

Have you seen our bench?

We are an injury or 2 away from Lansbury.

Even without that I feel it would be a massive mistake to not attempt to bring in another quality CM.

The only solace might be if Ramsey is brought in.

I'd forego the striker, and would be  "ok" with just Rashica and another CM.

I can live with Targett and Taylor for now I guess, although Cash has really shown them up IMO.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Extremely unfair and not true ... barkley has got a good attitude hes not a regular for chelsea but doesn’t kick up a fuss and puts in effort when called upon

It’s just my opinion, but the two well publicised incidents last season are examples. He’s nearly 27, not 21 and things like that just shouldn’t happen and he was called unprofessional by Lamps.

There’s no doubt he’s a good footballer, I just think he’d end up being a vastly more expensive Henri Lansbury.

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Have you seen our bench?

We are an injury or 2 away from Lansbury.

Even without that I feel it would be a massive mistake to not attempt to bring in another quality CM.

The only solace might be if Ramsey is brought in.

I'd forego the striker, and would be  "ok" with just Rashica and another CM.

I can live with Targett and Taylor for now I guess, although Cash has really shown them up IMO.

Hope Ramsey gets a game on Thursday. Reckon (hope) we get Rashica and CM (Chelski loan 🥺 RLC or Barkley plz) in too. Would give us options across the front 3 (Grealish, AEG, Rashica, Watkins, Davis, Trez, Bertie) and middle 3 (Doug, McGinn, Conor, Jack, CM, Marv & Ramsey). Then just trim the fat.

• Like 1

If we do get the big, tough DM/CM I would love someone with a winner’s reputation to give the team some confidence in themselves, as soon as we got ahead we started looking unsure n nervous. Would love an older head that can lead the way when we are under pressure.

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

It’s Loftis-Cheek every time for me over Barkley for me, even just on loan.

Despite what I said about Barkley I’d take him on loan, but ONLY a loan. 

Agree I think Loftus is more what we need. Loan with a buy option would be good. Needs to stay fit though. 

4 minutes ago, Radness said:

If we do get the big, tough DM/CM I would love someone with a winner’s reputation to give the team some confidence in themselves, as soon as we got ahead we started looking unsure n nervous. Would love an older head that can lead the way when we are under pressure.

A midfield Martinez?

Experienced, quality, but just can't break into a top quality team?

Grujic I thought was a decent shout?

I want someone to play next to Luiz.

As for example if we bring Rashica in, I think we would play more of a 4 - 2 - 3 - 1, or 4 - 1 - 4 - 1 etc.

• Like 1