Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Most journos seem to think we're still in for another striker. Less talk of CM or CB although I see we've been again linked to Sanson and Cyprien from France, perhaps one of those would be a season loan with option to buy next summer. Both are decent players. Cyprien is an attacking midfielder so think he'll be a plan b if we can't pull off Rashica, 1 in 4 scoring record for Nice so pretty decent record.

I think we need another CM but has to be an improvement on what we already have, Sanson could be that player. I like Cyprien, but Sanson is better defensively, will be interesting couple of weeks.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I found this "coloured" up pic of one of our old FA Cup winning teams on tweeter today. A replica of the beast of a man who is far right of the back row might be enough to fulfil the big unit the likes of TRO are looking for in midfield... 

By the way, it is a cracking photograph. 

Edit: Just read on tweeter that the player second from the left in the middle row (Garraty) is Jack Grealish's great, great grandfather. 💪

I think that big handsome monster at the back might be Follyfoot, come on Folly, is that you?

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

That’s a really great picture, thanks for sharing it. Ramsey and Rinder are historical figures for AVFC. As for the big lad next to Rinder, I think it’s fair to say he has the physical presence we’ve been lacking! 

To be fair he might have lost a yard or two of pace in the last 115 years.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If I have to get a Chelsea cast off, I wouldn’t be looking at Ross Barkley on a loan, I’d be looking at Ruben Loftus-Cheek on a permanent deal. 

For our desired) progression we should be out growing the Barkleys within a year or two, so buying wouldn’t be good value For the  long term, I believe he had hit his ceiling.  A loan will only br a short term fix, with all the benefits going to Chelsea, because the extra game time, gives them a pedestal to advertise him to other clubs. 

Lotus-cheek fits Villa’s current profile. Young English player, high ceiling and largely forgotten about. The poor lad can’t get the game time at Chelsea to reach his ceiling.  A move to us will give him the game time. Also he adds some much needed size and strength in our midfield. However, the fee Chelsea will ask for, would probably be out of our range.   

Not a bad call but I do think Barkley would be one of the best signings we could make, he isnt exciting but he raises the bar of quality and plays to a high standard. It would also signal an intent in the quality of player we can attract.

I think the link is dead though.

Edited by thunderball

Martinez and Watkins alone have massively upgraded our team. Anything else is gravy. Anyone that thinks Martinez isn't a massive upgrade on Heaton because only x amount of league appearances in x years is stuck in yesteryears approach to football

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Martinez and Watkins alone have massively upgraded our team. Anything else is gravy. Anyone that thinks Martinez isn't a massive upgrade on Heaton because only x amount of league appearances in x years is stuck in yesteryears approach to football

I don't know about him being a massive upgrade yet, time will tell but if a fully fit keeper of Heaton's calibre is unable to get the shirt back, we have signed some keeper. 

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I don't know about him being a massive upgrade yet, time will tell but if a fully fit keeper of Heaton's calibre is unable to get the shirt back, we have signed some keeper. 

I could be wrong but most excited about a keeper signing as long as a Villa fan

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I think that big handsome monster at the back might be Follyfoot, come on Folly, is that you?

The big fella is actually Billy George. He was the goalkeeper for 14 years and also played cricket for Warwickshire, apparently. 

• Thanks 3

Cheeky bid for James Milner? Can fill in at LB as well.

Liverplop are overloaded at CM now that Thiago is there and Barca not allowed to buy Wijnaldum.

Short term fix but he's super professional and a 1+1 year deal might work. Would not be my #1 target of course.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sne said:

Liverplop are overloaded at CM now that Thiago is there and Barca not allowed to buy Wijnaldum.

Short term fix but he's super professional and a 1+1 year deal might work. Would not be my #1 target of course.

love it GIF

30 minutes ago, sne said:

I would happily take Milner back, not because of any nostalgic reason, but because he would add experience and ability. He's also looked after himself extremely well so shouldn't have too many fitness worries. 

Edited by picicata

Just now, striker said:

Villa should forget the past and move on which I think they’re trying to do.

Yeah I agree, I’ve never been a fan of going back for ex players. It rarely works out again, and there’s no shortage of other footballers out there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Yeah I agree, I’ve never been a fan of going back for ex players. It rarely works out again, and there’s no shortage of other footballers out there. 

Completely agree, but Milner to me is one of the few rare exceptions. 

• Like 2