Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

16 minutes ago, LockStockVilla said:

Around the 2:15 mark, Jack mentions Johan and Purslow working more to bring in more players to help the team (confirming what most of us had hoped and echoing what DS said in his pre match presser). You'd imagine there were assurances made before he signed the new deal. Hopefully an exciting week ahead. 

Very encouraging stuff. We aren’t done spending and the rest of the league can’t take it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Barkley and Stones would be at least £200k/w in wages and £60m-£70m in transfer fee. If we have that kind of money I hope we have a bit more imagination.

maybe throw in a bid for Jack Rodwell as well, unite the 3 Everton amigos

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, DavidVilla73 said:

Hopefully get Rashica in and that will complete options upfront/outwide.

Then I think we need a CM and a CB, that would give us a squad that should be capable of mid table this season.

CM - Ross Barkley  CB - John Stones

i know neither of those have been amazing lately but i think they need to move to a team where they would play regularly and then their performances would improve.

I’d take them only on loan. 

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Very encouraging stuff. We aren’t done spending and the rest of the league can’t take it.

BBC headlines tomorrow,  

" Troare arrival wraps up Villa business for this window, they may try to get Martinez from Arsenal as Heaton may not be ready for season opener against Man City"

...... Phil Kin twaaat McNulty. Noooooob.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Rhian Brewster looks like he's heading to Sheffield United, he would have been a good signing for us. Although there is talk of a buy back clause, still a strike force of Watkins Brewster and Davies would have been pretty strong.

I'm sure we can out muscle Sheffield Utd financially, we should have been after him.

3 minutes ago, supermon said:

Rhian Brewster looks like he's heading to Sheffield United, he would have been a good signing for us. Although there is talk of a buy back clause, still a strike force of Watkins Brewster and Davies would have been pretty strong.

I'm sure we can out muscle Sheffield Utd financially, we should have been after him.

We can’t entertain a buy-back, a massive no-no. I think we will get Edouard.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, supermon said:

We still need to cover other areas before a backup striker. Plus we still haven’t got Rashica yet. I think after him, CM, CB  are more priority than a strikers. As we have three of them fit for now plus Wesley. That’s assuming Samatta is going.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, supermon said:

We’ve already outmuscled financially twice this window, much to Wilder’s annoyance.  Would be funny to do it again, just for the fun of it.

15 minutes ago, supermon said:

It’s a funny one because we agreed a buy back clause for Luiz so why not Brewster?

Liverpool are obviously thinking of a Henderson situation and so fair enough but if we really want him just pay another £5m for him and then negotiate a larger buy out fee.

19 minutes ago, thunderball said:

A blip

And the 2 was the jammiest of penalties. Spurs could very easily have got another 3 or more as well. 

Southampton defending was shocking. 

• Like 1