Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

We both been saying this all window TRO, Rachica, Rico Henry and an enforcer would be a great window, could you see Eric Dier being moulded into the missing piece of that jigsaw, he not bad for me but maybe not quite good enough.

Maybe.....someone quick thinking, a good reader of play and quick to react to start the attacks, strong in the tackle a good shield for the back 4 ......I would love to get Rachica too.

Edited by TRO

8 hours ago, RicRic said:

I hear you loud and clear and you have made a great analysis of the current affairs ... i agree its not filling me with much confidence.. i don't want to say too much as it can be seen as negative but i feel the money spent so far could have bought better quality players that we can feel more comfortable with going into the new season.. some of us might be getting carried away saying we will be a frightening team and so on.. but theres nothing there that indicates we will be anything close to frightening imo. Overall so far on the scale of 1-10 its 4 for improvement. 

yeah, good comments.

Its one of those, if Cash, traore, martinez, Watkins all live up to even 80% of our hoped potential, they will improve us greatly and make a huge difference to the team overall.

If even a couple of them turn out to not work, it will leave us in a bit of a mess, because the players they were bought to replace were mostly not good enough last season. (by this i mean El Ghazi, Trez, Samatta, Davis, Nyland - i actually think Wesley, Heaton, Guilbert were fine injuries aside)

we've spent 75m ish so far, im not sure i can see us spending more than another 25m or so? (100m total), would love it if we did, but dunno, i wonder if 1-2 more signings might be it for us?

I think if i had only 2 players left to sign, i would want:

Benrahma or Rashica

a central midfielder.

I would like Henry from Brentford also, but he would prob cost........20m. :)

4 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Phil McNulty is a fraud. He acts and claims to be this media genius but his articles are boring, sometimes petulant and smack of a lack of interest or knowledge in the subject matter.

His glib and disinterested responses on twitter and lack of explanation are typical of the man. He's above it all. Too good for us. We're to be happy with our lot and dont question hom as its a nice day. Gobshite.

When it comes to Villa he has a bit of an angle. Not frequent enough to be blatant but it's there alright. I think the BBC deserve better than this scuttering bollix as its chief sports writer.

So you aren't a fan then?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so....

how many more signings will we make?

how much more will we spend?

I reckon:

Rashica 18m

King less than £15m towards the end of the window or my preferred option Brewster (albeit he would no doubt have a buyback clause)

If Engels goes then Tuanzebe on a loan-to-buy

Barkley again on a loan-to-buy would be great

Then a young left back, hopefully can unearth one for less than £8m

So still looking at about £50m to spend!  Very little money coming in either.

8 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I reckon:

Rashica 18m

King less than £15m towards the end of the window or my preferred option Brewster (albeit he would no doubt have a buyback clause)

If Engels goes then Tuanzebe on a loan-to-buy

Barkley again on a loan-to-buy would be great

Then a young left back, hopefully can unearth one for less than £8m

So still looking at about £50m to spend!  Very little money coming in either.

you think we willl spend another 50m?

gonna be interesting to see what the final spend is.

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Woy for England. 

To be fair Roy’s a good manager. You can never judge a manager on international football, the time you spend with players there’s not a chance you can have enough influence on how they play.  Most of the time it comes down to who has the best players and how many of the players play together at club level. 

It’s why it’s never a good idea to give a manager a club job based on how they did as an international manager. As Chelsea found out with Scholari.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

you think we willl spend another 50m?

gonna be interesting to see what the final spend is.

It would still be a bit less than last summer so it's not impossible with NSWE.  I'm a bit wary of us introducing so many new players again though they aren't quite such big gambles this time.

8 hours ago, TRO said:

I m putting my wotsits on the line.....but i think Watkins will prove to be a really good signing.

I think his ability to move in to dangerous space, read the play and give options to midfielders will be paramount.

I think his reputation for tap ins, will be paradoxically he his forte......worldies are great as a spectacle, but serial goal scorers get the mundane ones too.....I think he will be an always there, kinda striker.

I could be wrong of course, but i have a good feeling about this lad.

i agree watkins has the potential to be an excellent signing, but we need to create the chances for him to put away......we didnt create chances too well last season.

hopefully with Watkins, Targett/Cash providing some chances from wide, plus grealish and traore....it will give us more going forward to give watkins chance to bang them in...

• Like 1

I still believe there’s the possibly of two more signings the club wants to make, Rashica and a CM ( the club was linked to Sanson earlier in the year). If we move on other players then the possibility of further additions, but think it’s another 2.

West Ham and Palace showing today why you need pace on the break.

Im hoping Traoré and Rashica (or another) bring some pace and directness to our counter attacks. 

As perfect as Grealish is, he perhaps isn’t that person to be running into long balls over the top and down the flanks. He needs to be the ones feeding this pacey forward players (in my opinion).

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I still believe there’s the possibly of two more signings the club wants to make, Rashica and a CM ( the club was linked to Sanson earlier in the year). If we move on other players then the possibility of further additions, but think it’s another 2.

Most journos seem to think we're still in for another striker. Less talk of CM or CB although I see we've been again linked to Sanson and Cyprien from France, perhaps one of those would be a season loan with option to buy next summer. Both are decent players. Cyprien is an attacking midfielder so think he'll be a plan b if we can't pull off Rashica, 1 in 4 scoring record for Nice so pretty decent record.

Edited by VillaChris

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

For me, we’re desperate for left back cover, a strong physical midfielder and a left winger. In that order if I’m honest. 

I think we need to get the Rashica deal wrapped up......assuming we are really after him, the strong physical midfielder, yes and the left back cover, yes......but not sure how much money, we have left in this window.

• Like 1