Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

56 minutes ago, rayk said:

It’s a funny one because we agreed a buy back clause for Luiz so why not Brewster?

I think because we agreed a buy back clause for Luiz and have found it not to our liking.

The way prices have been heading this summer, his buy back price is horribly good value.

Has anyone also mentioned that Ismalia Sarr has still not had any offers and now Liverpool have signed Jota it's getting close to him needing to be sold? He has practically told Watford he's not playing in the Championship for them.

I'd personally take him over Rashica. 

Before we might have been looking at £40m, now with time running out and a shortage of offers, someone is going to get a godlike signing there at the 11th hour. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think because we agreed a buy back clause for Luiz and have found it not to our liking.

The way prices have been heading this summer, his buy back price is horribly good value.

Not really, we’d just had a prior season full of loans and buy back clauses really aren’t that much different.

The positives of loans are you don’t pay a fee upfront (so you’re not blowing £££££ on DD type players)....the positives of a deal with a buy back clause is you benefit from any uplift .........SHOULD they come good, but at best it’s likely to be a 50:50 profit share BUT you’ve made the capital commitment initially.

Edited by rayk
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Has anyone also mentioned that Ismalia Sarr has still not had any offers and now Liverpool have signed Jota it's getting close to him needing to be sold? He has practically told Watford he's not playing in the Championship for them.

I'd personally take him over Rashica. 

Before we might have been looking at £40m, now with time running out and a shortage of offers, someone is going to get a godlike signing there at the 11th hour. 

Doesn’t he play on the same side as Bertrand and likely to cost twice as much?

1 minute ago, Trickster said:

Loftus-Cheek not injured confirmed by Lampard, just left out of the squad. Worth keeping an eye on his involvement from here on out.

Would be my 1st choice CM target out of everyone who would conceivably be attainable for Villa.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

My understanding is that he can play all across a front 3 but yes no doubt he would cost a lot.

Bertrand can play as ST, Milot can play across all three, Watkins can play ST/LW.......I mean jack can play LW/AM/RW...but you buy players based on where they’ll play best.

I can’t see Sarr being signed, not if we’re not prepared to spend half that amount on Brewster.

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I may be wrong but I suspect Brighton could offer him higher wages due to the 3 year ruling for FFP. 

‘I may be wrong but I suspect Brighton could offer him higher wages even though I don’t know what his wages are or what our position was with FFP even though we signed a few high wages players in the Jan transfer window

Just corrected you  😉

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Southampton just got spanked by Spurs 5 - 2?

And we beat them last week in the Carabao cup at St Mary's, They put out a 1st team squad minus one and we made 6 changes with "fringe" players for us, on that and today's showing they are going to struggle.

Looking forward to watching Watkins play tomorrow on Sky, Not really a betting man but have put a couple of bob on him to score.👍

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, rayk said:

‘I may be wrong but I suspect Brighton could offer him higher wages even though I don’t know what his wages are or what our position was with FFP even though we signed a few high wages players in the Jan transfer window. But, admittedly, Purslow was quoted at the start of last season stating, as fact, that teams that have been in the Prem longer than us automatically have a higher ceiling for wage budget because of not having a season or two of Championship finances included”

Just corrected you  😉

Fixed for you too 😉

• Like 2

The one thing I’m pretty sure about is that I don’t reckon our transfer window is over with the signing of Bertrand.

I’ve never been that sure Raschica will sign and I’m still not certain now.

Links with Edouard but funnily enough my money would be more on Benrahma than Milot, Edouard.

Edited by rayk