Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If I have to get a Chelsea cast off, I wouldn’t be looking at Ross Barkley on a loan, I’d be looking at Ruben Loftus-Cheek on a permanent deal. 

For our desired progression we should be out growing the Barkleys within a year or two, so buying him wouldn’t be good value for the long term, I believe he has hit his ceiling.  A loan will only be a short term fix, with all the benefits going to Chelsea, because the extra game time, gives them a pedestal to advertise him to other clubs. 

Lotus-cheek fits Villa’s current profile. young English player, high ceiling and largely forgotten about. The poor lad can’t get the game time at Chelsea to reach his ceiling.  A move to us will give him the game time. Also he adds some much needed size and strength in our midfield. However, the fee Chelsea will ask for, would probably be out of our range.   

He started against Brighton last week,so he would be in Lampards plans I'd imagine. 

Dele Alli? He's something of an outcast at Spurs and although he's kind of deserved it by playing like a massive rocket polisher, is there something to be said for going for him at this moment of weakness?

He's clearly capable of being, and has been, a top player.

2 hours ago, thunderball said:

Not a bad call but I do think Barkley would be one of the best signings we could make, he isnt exciting but he raises the bar of quality and plays to a high standard. It would also signal an intent in the quality of player we can attract.

I think the link is dead though.

Would have been a massive signing, hes a guaranteed 7 out of 10 every week, loads of prem experience and would complement so many players in our side. Perhaps not a flashy signing but would have been one of the best we could make. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not Milner talk again, makes me sick. 

He’d instantly improve our midfield for 1-2 seasons, allowing us to focus spending on other areas. We could then drop a wedge on signing the mid-20’s superstar to replace him in a well established upper mid-table side pushing for a European place.

Right now Milner would be a brilliant addition. 

14 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Dele Alli? He's something of an outcast at Spurs and although he's kind of deserved it by playing like a massive rocket polisher, is there something to be said for going for him at this moment of weakness?

He's clearly capable of being, and has been, a top player.

Alli doesn't got the mentality of a top player

Around the 2:15 mark, Jack mentions Johan and Purslow working more to bring in more players to help the team (confirming what most of us had hoped and echoing what DS said in his pre match presser). You'd imagine there were assurances made before he signed the new deal. Hopefully an exciting week ahead. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LockStockVilla said:

Around the 2:15 mark, Jack mentions Johan and Purslow working more to bring in more players to help the team (confirming what most of us had hoped and echoing what DS said in his pre match presser). You'd imagine there were assurances made before he signed the new deal. Hopefully an exciting week ahead. 

They lied to him. McNulty knows the real score.

A well placed transfer pigeon coo'd from his garden. Why would he make it up?

Hopefully get Rashica in and that will complete options upfront/outwide.

Then I think we need a CM and a CB, that would give us a squad that should be capable of mid table this season.

CM - Ross Barkley  CB - John Stones

i know neither of those have been amazing lately but i think they need to move to a team where they would play regularly and then their performances would improve.

Edited by DavidVilla73
Spelling error