Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think we need to get the Rashica deal wrapped up......assuming we are really after him, the strong physical midfielder, yes and the left back cover, yes......but not sure how much money, we have left in this window.

Been quoted by Werder’s sporting director that they are in talks with Villa. There is no speculation or assumptions to it 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

midfield options?

Grujic?, Will Hughes?, Sanches?, Campana?.......?

I’d be surprised if we weren’t in for Will Hughes knowing how much Shakespeare rates him. I suppose that will be one that does down to the wire.

Cant see I’ve seen him play much but for 10m(ish), I’m sure it’s a big upgrade on Hourihane. Watford fans seem to really like him. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d be surprised if we weren’t in for Will Hughes knowing how much Shakespeare rates him. I suppose that will be one that does down to the wire.

Cant see I’ve seen him play much but for 10m(ish), I’m sure it’s a big upgrade on Hourihane. Watford fans seem to really like him. 

I wouldn't mind that but would he want to join as squad cover?

Personally I think we'll always need 2 or 3 more once we've strengthened certain areas, others start to become a bigger priority.

I thought 3 forward players and a left sided full back this window would be ideal. We've got 2 forward players, right sided full back and keeper. If we could get better competition at left back and another forward player to push Grealish into the no. 8 role, I personally think that would be ideal. But, we've brought in 4 strong players to the squad and I think unless we've got a real statement of intent signing up our sleeve, I'd just be looking to thin out the squad slightly now and see what we can do with this squad. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Since Engels has an infinite "thigh strain", we need a right sided CB as well.

It is weird that Smith has taken a complete dislike to him, even having Hause above him in the pecking order. I think he is a perfectably serviceable back up central defender. If we do sell him then we need more cover. I mean Mings does not have the best of injury records so we would back to Hause and Konsa which looks a bit light weight to me. I presume Konsa is seen as a central defender after we have now bought Cash, along with Freddie and Elmo.

As it stands at the moment our squad is not the most balanced. We have 5 senior keepers on the books and 3 right backs but we are short of options on the left side and up front. Even more so if Samatta goes. You get the feeling that the signings in January went down like a sack of shite for Smith and that was the final nail in the coffin for Suso.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I saw somewhere that he was available for 6/7 million, its a no brainer to bring him in just to have a all round competent midfielder even if the club wants a specific type of central midfielder.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

We still need another striker, midfielder, centre back and another winger.

We currently have 5 players who can play as a striker and reportedly want to sign another (Rashica) who can play as a striker...... We don't need one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I think we need to get the Rashica deal wrapped up......assuming we are really after him, the strong physical midfielder, yes and the left back cover, yes......but not sure how much money, we have left in this window.

I'm not ITK in the slightest but I think the owners will spend up to the FFP limit again this season, what that is I don't know but in my head I guess 120-140m

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Agreed... We could also do with new LB cover. However, v.doubt we will sign another 5 players, one/two positions where ideally we would like to upgrade (LB CM/DM) we will maybe have to make do till next summer, perhaps?. 

IMO I think it’ll be, Rashica. Dependent on the Engels situation🤷🏻, we’ll need another CB. Edouard ( Being Greedy🤑) or??..  Lower priority budgetary wise realistically for me this window, unless loan (to buy) are LB  - Henry, or ?? &  CM/DM, Hughes, Grujic, Racic or MYSTERY #8???... 

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Right done some amateur digging and my list is

Rico Henry 10m

Milot Rachica 23m

Tammy 40m 😜 

Leon Goretzka 50m

That lot should see us finishing a little bit higher next year.

I don't think I could convince Goretzka to sign for Villa on FM or FIFA, or Munich to let him go. Also not sure Henry would be good enough for the Prem or that Brentford would sell for 10mil. Can't see us spending 40mil on Tammy if Chelsea would let him go, after spending 33mil on a new first choice 

Still a lot more to do for me:

GK

Martinez is a good signing.

I'm hearing Heaton is struggling to come back from his injury.  One or two of the physio and coaching staff feel he may be done.

Need to shift 2 from Steer, Nyland and Kalinic.

RB

I'm not a Cash fan.  He might be excellent in a couple of years but right now, unconvinced.

Still a lot of talk that Guilbert is moving on.  I hope not, as I rate him as our best RB currently.  If he does, we need to replace him.

Elmo, he's done for me.  His contract is up in 10 months, so he will be gone by the end of the season.

LB

Our game against Burton says to me that we can't rely on Taylor, so we should get rid and replace if possible.

Targett, he's o.k. has a habbit of getting injured.  I'd be happier with another to press him for 1st choice like Henry.

CB

I'm not his biggest fan, but Mings is our best CB right now.

Konsa, whilst he improved greatly in the last few games last term, I'm still worried about him and Mings as a partnership.  I'd prefer a better starter.

Hause, good in the air, but not much else.  I'd prefer an upgrade.

Engels, I think he's done.  Dean doesn't fancy him, and his lack of pace is a big issue.

CM

Luiz, he came good post lockdown, and a first team slot is his to lose for me.  Our best CM currently.

McGinn, I didn't see the player we saw in the champ in the pl, even before his injury.  Hope i am wrong, but he is not a starter for me right now.

Nakamba, a good option if we need a second DM on the pitch, but i would not play him as first choice.  Decent sub.

Hourihane, takes a good free kick, but is a passenger for large periods.  I would replace him.

Lansbury, don't really need to say it, but he's not good enough and needs to go.

Grealish, contravertial putting him in as CM, but its where he wants to play.  Fine to have him in CM with Luiz and McGinn against weaker teams, but against top 6-8 we need more strength.

W

Trez was a hero at the end of the season, but I don't think he is good enough

El Ghazi, I don't think he is good enough either.

Traore, we will see.  More options needed.

S

Wes wont be available until 2021, and likely wont feature much until next season.  Jurys still out on him.

Watkins, if we can get him service, I think he will score goals.  Not sure he's much of an upgrade or worth the fee though.

Davis, if he could finish, he'd be the perfect striker for us.  Finishing aside, he is a good player.

Samatta, looks like he's off, so we need another in.

Summary

I'm concerned by our defence.  Fullback positions lack depth and experience and CBs both have mistakes in them.  Despite jow vocal and committed Mings is, i don't see him as a leader, so a commanding, experienced CB is a must for me.

Midfield, the 3 of Luiz, McGinn and Grealish will terrorise lower teams, but will get pulled apart by physical teams and higher teams.  We need a 4th CM with strength to compete against those.

We're still very short up front (S and W).  We need another wide player and another forward.  If we keep Grealish wide, then we need 2 CMs.

So, 4 players at least still needed for me, CB, CM, W and S.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

We don’t need a striker, if we’re buying for the sake of it then let’s just keep Samatta. For me, it’s Watkins, Davis then Traorr. Until Wesley is back. If we get Rashica then we’re good with wingers.  
A midfielder (someone tall like Gruic) who offers something else. I think that’s the second priority (after Rashica). 
Then It’s a choice between a CB or a RB, not sure about our younger players if any of them would add something to the squad. Possibly Ramsey as a CM.

• Like 1