Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 hours ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Celtic supposedly only want around £15m for Kristoffer Ajer, I reckon we should try and tempt him here at that price, would make a good partner for Mings and can step up to midfield too. May be a bit fanciful though, as Milan are interested too.

Apparently Celtic fans and Scottish medua were critical of his performances in Europe, played very lax and cost them big time as he thought he was tje 2nd coming of Beckenbauer

Not even the best defender at Celtic 😜

25 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Still a lot more to do for me:

GK

Martinez is a good signing.

I'm hearing Heaton is struggling to come back from his injury.  One or two of the physio and coaching staff feel he may be done.

Need to shift 2 from Steer, Nyland and Kalinic.

Feel like we need 3 keepers till Heaton is fit , so ya get rid of kalinic

RB

I'm not a Cash fan.  He might be excellent in a couple of years but right now, unconvinced.

Still a lot of talk that Guilbert is moving on.  I hope not, as I rate him as our best RB currently.  If he does, we need to replace him.

Elmo, he's done for me.  His contract is up in 10 months, so he will be gone by the end of the season.

Think your fairly spot on here, maybe bit harsh on cash but definitely unproven

LB

Our game against Burton says to me that we can't rely on Taylor, so we should get rid and replace if possible.

Targett, he's o.k. has a habbit of getting injured.  I'd be happier with another to press him for 1st choice like Henry.

Spot on

CB

I'm not his biggest fan, but Mings is our best CB right now.

Konsa, whilst he improved greatly in the last few games last term, I'm still worried about him and Mings as a partnership.  I'd prefer a better starter.

Hause, good in the air, but not much else.  I'd prefer an upgrade.

Engels, I think he's done.  Dean doesn't fancy him, and his lack of pace is a big issue.

Again agree with all this

CM

Luiz, he came good post lockdown, and a first team slot is his to lose for me.  Our best CM currently.

McGinn, I didn't see the player we saw in the champ in the pl, even before his injury.  Hope i am wrong, but he is not a starter for me right now.

Nakamba, a good option if we need a second DM on the pitch, but i would not play him as first choice.  Decent sub.

Hourihane, takes a good free kick, but is a passenger for large periods.  I would replace him.

Lansbury, don't really need to say it, but he's not good enough and needs to go.

Grealish, contravertial putting him in as CM, but its where he wants to play.  Fine to have him in CM with Luiz and McGinn against weaker teams, but against top 6-8 we need more strength.

Think your spot on about the need for strength against the bigger teams, can't agree with you at all about mcginn , definitely is good enough to be a starter even against the bigger sides, as for grealish we definitely could see him dominating smaller teams in the middle but if we secure the stronger midfielder that you spoke of , he could easily move to wing for certain games

W

Trez was a hero at the end of the season, but I don't think he is good enough

El Ghazi, I don't think he is good enough either.

Traore, we will see.  More options needed.

We definitely need another option here , I think both AEG and trez are good enough to be squad players

S

Wes wont be available until 2021, and likely wont feature much until next season.  Jurys still out on him.

Watkins, if we can get him service, I think he will score goals.  Not sure he's much of an upgrade or worth the fee though.

Davis, if he could finish, he'd be the perfect striker for us.  Finishing aside, he is a good player.

Samatta, looks like he's off, so we need another in.

Ideally I'd love a young forward with a lot of potential , basically a better version of Keinan

Summary

I'm concerned by our defence.  Fullback positions lack depth and experience and CBs both have mistakes in them.  Despite jow vocal and committed Mings is, i don't see him as a leader, so a commanding, experienced CB is a must for me.

Midfield, the 3 of Luiz, McGinn and Grealish will terrorise lower teams, but will get pulled apart by physical teams and higher teams.  We need a 4th CM with strength to compete against those.

We're still very short up front (S and W).  We need another wide player and another forward.  If we keep Grealish wide, then we need 2 CMs.

So, 4 players at least still needed for me, CB, CM, W and S.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Still a lot more to do for me:

GK

Martinez is a good signing.

I'm hearing Heaton is struggling to come back from his injury.  One or two of the physio and coaching staff feel he may be done.

Need to shift 2 from Steer, Nyland and Kalinic.

RB

I'm not a Cash fan.  He might be excellent in a couple of years but right now, unconvinced.

Still a lot of talk that Guilbert is moving on.  I hope not, as I rate him as our best RB currently.  If he does, we need to replace him.

Elmo, he's done for me.  His contract is up in 10 months, so he will be gone by the end of the season.

LB

Our game against Burton says to me that we can't rely on Taylor, so we should get rid and replace if possible.

Targett, he's o.k. has a habbit of getting injured.  I'd be happier with another to press him for 1st choice like Henry.

CB

I'm not his biggest fan, but Mings is our best CB right now.

Konsa, whilst he improved greatly in the last few games last term, I'm still worried about him and Mings as a partnership.  I'd prefer a better starter.

Hause, good in the air, but not much else.  I'd prefer an upgrade.

Engels, I think he's done.  Dean doesn't fancy him, and his lack of pace is a big issue.

CM

Luiz, he came good post lockdown, and a first team slot is his to lose for me.  Our best CM currently.

McGinn, I didn't see the player we saw in the champ in the pl, even before his injury.  Hope i am wrong, but he is not a starter for me right now.

Nakamba, a good option if we need a second DM on the pitch, but i would not play him as first choice.  Decent sub.

Hourihane, takes a good free kick, but is a passenger for large periods.  I would replace him.

Lansbury, don't really need to say it, but he's not good enough and needs to go.

Grealish, contravertial putting him in as CM, but its where he wants to play.  Fine to have him in CM with Luiz and McGinn against weaker teams, but against top 6-8 we need more strength.

W

Trez was a hero at the end of the season, but I don't think he is good enough

El Ghazi, I don't think he is good enough either.

Traore, we will see.  More options needed.

S

Wes wont be available until 2021, and likely wont feature much until next season.  Jurys still out on him.

Watkins, if we can get him service, I think he will score goals.  Not sure he's much of an upgrade or worth the fee though.

Davis, if he could finish, he'd be the perfect striker for us.  Finishing aside, he is a good player.

Samatta, looks like he's off, so we need another in.

Summary

I'm concerned by our defence.  Fullback positions lack depth and experience and CBs both have mistakes in them.  Despite jow vocal and committed Mings is, i don't see him as a leader, so a commanding, experienced CB is a must for me.

Midfield, the 3 of Luiz, McGinn and Grealish will terrorise lower teams, but will get pulled apart by physical teams and higher teams.  We need a 4th CM with strength to compete against those.

We're still very short up front (S and W).  We need another wide player and another forward.  If we keep Grealish wide, then we need 2 CMs.

So, 4 players at least still needed for me, CB, CM, W and S.

Wow....dig deep NSWE.

Not much to argue with,though.

5 hours ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Celtic supposedly only want around £15m for Kristoffer Ajer, I reckon we should try and tempt him here at that price, would make a good partner for Mings and can step up to midfield too. May be a bit fanciful though, as Milan are interested too.

Wanted him last summer as well as this as he has all the attributes to become a legend. He will not - literally be the next VVD, but he definitely has the class and the ability no question for the Prem and as you said, a prefect partner for Mings. Young but a lot more mature and assured beyond his years, at 22 yo and 137 Celtic games & 16 caps for Norway (He’s represented Norway 63 times throughout the age groups since u15’s) We should be in with Engels or Taylor plus £££ No brainer, right now before he gets lured but Milan. 

James McCarthy singled out on MOTD for his performance at Old Trafford today. Was apparently available for £8m in the summer.

Having a solid PL player competing with McGinn and Luiz would have been a snip at £8m. Think we missed out on that one.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

Wow....dig deep NSWE.

Not much to argue with,though.

I do agree with alot of that post, however, as the poster right above you said: "We can't build a full top quality squad in 1 or 2 windows". Not with where we are coming from , and FFP anyway.

In some way I wish we could, but finances aside we also have to tread lightly, find the balance of improving markedly without disrupting the overall squad, unity and chemistry.

Sensible but very good remaining window for me would be:

LB -  Higher quality  competition.

CM - Dominating presence who also possesses quality on the ball and a good range of passing. 

LW/Forward - We all know who most of us have earmarked for the position.

RCB/LCB - One or the other for seperate scenarios. If Engels ever gets over this phantom "Thigh strain" we are ok at RCB for now IMO. Hause scares the crap out of me, even moreso on the right.

If we wanted to be really smart, we get a combative midfielder who is equally adept at CB. He could play CDM against certain opposition and fill in for injuries at CB when needed. ( Quality utility type akin to say Milner)

So if it were my choice, I would prioritise these 3 players from the above in this order of priority:

1. LW/ LF/ AML - 20 mill ?

2. CM/CDM/CB  - 15 - 25 mill ?

3. LB competition - 8 mill?

If I could only choose 1 more for the window though, It might be the one from the saga.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Enda said:

James McCarthy singled out on MOTD for his performance at Old Trafford today. Was apparently available for £8m in the summer.

Having a solid PL player competing with McGinn and Luiz would have been a snip at £8m. Think we missed out on that one.

some folk on here wouldn't even contemplate it.....McArthur and McCarthy was picked out as 2 CDM's marshalling and shielding in front of the defence, doing the mundane stuff, disrupting and disturbing passages of play.

If the ones we have can do it fine, we will see.

I also observed tonight ,how many goals are scored at the back post by full backs not picking up their man....ball watching instead of closing down and challenging.

I fear for us at set pieces and when we haven't got the ball.....but lets just see what happens.....I hope I am wrong.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Enda said:

INJURY HISTORY

Injury history, suspensions and absences are based on a variety of media reports and are researched with the greatest of care. If you should notice an error regardless, please use the correction form. To the correction form

Season

Injury

from

until

Days

Games missed

17/18 Tibia and Fibula Fracture Jan 20, 2018 Jan 5, 2019 350 days 39Everton FC

17/18 Hamstring Injury Oct 25, 2017 Dec 26, 2017 62 days 15Everton FC

17/18 Knee Injury Jul 26, 2017 Oct 24, 2017 90 days 17Everton FC

16/17 Hamstring Injury Mar 24, 2017 Jun 30, 2017 98 days 9Everton FC

16/17 Hamstring Injury Dec 19, 2016 Jan 7, 2017 19 days 5Everton FC

16/17 Groin Strain Aug 23, 2016 Oct 5, 2016 43 days 7Everton FC

14/15 Hamstring Injury Dec 28, 2014 Jan 31, 2015 34 days 7Everton FC

14/15 Hamstring Injury Nov 9, 2014 Dec 6, 2014 27 days 6Everton FC

10/11 Unknown Injury Oct 23, 2010 Jan 10, 2011 79 days 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Enda said:

Maybe a consequence of having two centre-halves as manager and assistant manager, but we really shocking at the back post. Let’s see how Cash does there.

well Elmo lost his man against Burton hence the early goal and in many other ways, I like Elmo.....The worry of attacking full backs is not getting tight enough in challenges for cross field balls

but we must tighten up on that ball to the far post.

43 minutes ago, pete101 said:

INJURY HISTORY

Injury history, suspensions and absences are based on a variety of media reports and are researched with the greatest of care. If you should notice an error regardless, please use the correction form. To the correction form

Season

Injury

from

until

Days

Games missed

17/18 Tibia and Fibula Fracture Jan 20, 2018 Jan 5, 2019 350 days 39Everton FC

17/18 Hamstring Injury Oct 25, 2017 Dec 26, 2017 62 days 15Everton FC

17/18 Knee Injury Jul 26, 2017 Oct 24, 2017 90 days 17Everton FC

16/17 Hamstring Injury Mar 24, 2017 Jun 30, 2017 98 days 9Everton FC

16/17 Hamstring Injury Dec 19, 2016 Jan 7, 2017 19 days 5Everton FC

16/17 Groin Strain Aug 23, 2016 Oct 5, 2016 43 days 7Everton FC

14/15 Hamstring Injury Dec 28, 2014 Jan 31, 2015 34 days 7Everton FC

14/15 Hamstring Injury Nov 9, 2014 Dec 6, 2014 27 days 6Everton FC

10/11 Unknown Injury Oct 23, 2010 Jan 10, 2011 79 days 

McCarthy is garbage. So he has one good game and we should sign him. This same bollocks as people watching Billing have his game of the season against us and ignore the rest and 2 relegations but we should sign him 🙄

24 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

McCarthy is garbage. So he has one good game and we should sign him. This same bollocks as people watching Billing have his game of the season against us and ignore the rest and 2 relegations but we should sign him 🙄

I’ve watched him dozens and dozens of times with the Irish team. He’s no world beater but he’s 100x the player Lansbury is.

“Garbage” he is not.

3 minutes ago, Enda said:

I’ve watched him dozens and dozens of times with the Irish team. He’s no world beater but he’s 100x the player Lansbury is.

“Garbage” he is not.

Don't want either in the first team. Don't want to waste money on aged players on the bench either

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Don't want either in the first team. Don't want to waste money on aged players on the bench either

Good for you.

Seeing as you’ve called him garbage and falsely criticizing others for basing their opinion on a single match, would you care to tell us how many times you’ve watched him play?

16 minutes ago, Enda said:

Good for you.

Seeing as you’ve called him garbage and falsely criticizing others for basing their opinion on a single match, would you care to tell us how many times you’ve watched him play?

Plenty for Everton Palace and Ireland. He's "garbage" relative to our needs being 30 in November

15 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Plenty for Everton Palace and Ireland. He's "garbage" relative to our needs being 30 in November

From “He’s garbage” and assuming I was basing my opinion on one match, to “He’s garbage relative to our needs” is a fairly significant change in tone.

You’re the man who predicted Tammy Abraham would never “be Premier League quality.” so tbh I’ve taken your player analysis  with a pinch of salt for some time.

TRO you’re right that “some folk on here wouldn't even contemplate it“. I suppose the season ahead will tell us.