Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

34 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Been loving the twitter responses to us possibly getting these players - from spurs and arsenal fans - basically 'how on earth do villa have all this cash?!' - it feels like there is a bit of a shift in power in the prem - not just us either. 

I spent many an hour arguing with random fans in comment sections of papers and on YouTube.

I usually say "You do know that our new owners are very wealthy and ambitious too right"?

It seems alot of people don't even take note of us, or take us seriously, sadly.

Guess I can't get wound up about them not knowing as they are not Villa fans, they will soon KNOW though. UTV!

EDIT: Wilson scores

• Like 2

Are we going to have a season of alerts every time Wilson scores? He's a decent striker, he'll do that. 

We also have a new decent striker of our own along with hopefully some new flying forwards to go along with him. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, colhint said:

Spurs are skint, cost of the new stadium, higher interest rates have kicked in. No crowds, it's killing them. Think we should offer Lansbury and £3m for Son.

Seen a lot of Spurs fan moan about other clubs spending for a while now. That stadium didn't come cheap and I don't think it's really surprising that they can't splash the cash. 

1 minute ago, Wezbid said:

Are we going to have a season of alerts every time Wilson scores? He's a decent striker, he'll do that. 

We also have a new decent striker of our own along with hopefully some new flying forwards to go along with him. 

This.

The other good thing is none of our forwards will be on £110k per week.

That Wilson deal was far too risky IMO.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Traore’ s YT clips look great, but the comments sections are filled with bitter Lyon fans glad to get rid?? Hopefully this guys been scouted because if we sign him and Rashica, then Benrahma, Buendia and Edouard are surely dead?

It would be a pity to see Benrahma and Buendia, go somewhere else, if their clubs are not pricing them out of the market. I think that is what Celtic are probably doing, but I suspect that it was always him or Watkins, rather than both and I'm happy with the choice that we made.

4 minutes ago, John said:

It would be a pity to see Benrahma and Buendia, go somewhere else, if their clubs are not pricing them out of the market. I think that is what Celtic are probably doing, but I suspect that it was always him or Watkins, rather than both and I'm happy with the choice that we made.

I’ve well and truly got egg on my face, I thought we had been outsmarted in the transfer market (well we paid top dollar for Watkins) and we’re scrambling around, but looks like we are indeed buying who we need at the price we have to pay, and walking away from desperate deals. We might pick either up yet.

Never wanted Wilson, actually surprised he scored, have been underwhelmed by him and our pursuit of him.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I’ve well and truly got egg on my face, I thought we had been outsmarted in the transfer market (well we paid top dollar for Watkins) and we’re scrambling around, but looks like we are indeed buying who we need at the price we have to pay, and walking away from desperate deals. We might pick either up yet.

Never wanted Wilson, actually surprised he scored, have been underwhelmed by him and our pursuit of him.

As someone else pointed out, could the Traore link be another " We are not dossing about" show to stop a club or player from messing us about on another transfer?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As someone else pointed out, could the Traore link be another " We are not dossing about" show to stop a club or player from messing us about on another transfer?

very possible, i get the feeling we are being viewed as serious customers in the transfer market and wont be messed about. As someone else said. "The lion is awakening"