Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Where is this number 8 were supposed to be in for.

If we are in for two wingers we aren’t in for a number 8 as well, because that’ll be Grealish. Though personally I still see Grealish starting on the wing next Monday.

L'Equipe reporting that Dijon's Mounir Chouiar isn't playing for them tomorrow ahead of a move.

There was a small link to him for us in the Spring, although this article mentions Arsenal, Wolves and Leeds.

Chouiar is who I really wanted us to go after alongside Rashica. He's going to be great.

I'll hold out a little hope this is actually us involved!

Edited by Wes
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

So does anyone have an inkling re who the number 8 will be? Surprisingly we’ve had zero links considering the importance of the position.

I have huge doubts of the #8 as it was Gregg Evans who knows very little about what's happening at villa.

I remember when the early rumours of Rashica were floating around he made a snide comment like "some of the names floating round are ridiculous". Unlucky mate.

Knows sweet sweet FA that chap.

14 minutes ago, Wes said:

L'Equipe reporting that Dijon's Mounir Chouiar isn't playing for them tomorrow ahead of a move.

There was a small link to him for us in the Spring, although this article mentions Arsenal, Wolves and Leeds.

Chouiar is who I really wanted us to go after alongside Rashica. He's going to be great.

I'll hold out a little hope this is actually us involved!

Chouiar is **** great and we absolutely should be going for him ahead of someone like Traore. Mentioned him on here a few times. I'd imagine the £20m would get him as well.

Traore is much more limited, 5 years older, would cost more and probably want double the wages of Chouiar.

46 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Benrahma off to Palace for 20m according to Nixon. How is he so much less than Watkins?! Also surprising we're after Traore for pretty much the same price Benrahma costs...

It seems we're trying to put more pace in the team perhaps. We need it too.

26 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I have huge doubts of the #8 as it was Gregg Evans who knows very little about what's happening at villa.

I remember when the early rumours of Rashica were floating around he made a snide comment like "some of the names floating round are ridiculous". Unlucky mate.

Knows sweet sweet FA that chap.

Chouiar is **** great and we absolutely should be going for him ahead of someone like Traore. Mentioned him on here a few times. I'd imagine the £20m would get him as well.

Traore is much more limited, 5 years older, would cost more and probably want double the wages of Chouiar.

We were linked to Morgan Sanson earlier in the year, I’m hoping we’re showing interest again.

2 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

We were linked to Morgan Sanson earlier in the year, I’m hoping we’re showing interest again.

That would be tasty. Cant believe he'd come just before their first champions League run though.

Also wouldn't solve our slight issue of size and power in midfield. I'll always take a footballer over a clogger, but I would quite like it if the next CM we sign is at least 6' 0".

Ibrahim Sangaré is right there for the taking man. £10m! Get it done.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hopefully it's one of those with bags of ability and pace who has just gone "stale" at a club if you know what I mean?

Some players just need a change of scenery/circumstance.

Watched several minutes of him beating players then losing the ball. This can't be real 

Edited by Kiwivillan

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

That would be tasty. Cant believe he'd come just before their first champions League run though.

Also wouldn't solve our slight issue of size and power in midfield. I'll always take a footballer over a clogger, but I would quite like it if the next CM we sign is at least 6' 0".

Ibrahim Sangaré is right there for the taking man. £10m! Get it done.

We need another CM and you would think it would be an upgrade. Would love Sanson, has a great passing range, good work rate, but believe he’s happy at Marseille, if Villa are still interested guess it will come down to the sales pitch. 

2 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Benrahma off to Palace for 20m according to Nixon. How is he so much less than Watkins?! Also surprising we're after Traore for pretty much the same price Benrahma costs...

I saw it and thought what a load of bollocks 20 million is below what they will release him for 

38 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

If we really are splashing the cash I'd love us to get Oleksandr Zinchenko

lose Taylor, Hogan, Davis and AEG

AEG is playing back up this year and Taylor won’t go unless we sign a left back.