Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, ChinlessWonder said:

Well, if we sign Traore and they sign Benrahma we'll see for ourselves i guess but as i say i'm not bothered about losing out on Benrahma. If the chap wants to stay in London it's out of our hands anyway.

I for one (when he signs elsewhere) will be holding that ridiculous 'look at me and my wealth I think I'm an R'n'B star' video to account

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

They’ll be nowhere near a relegation battle as long as Hodgson is there. But even with Eze and Benrahma they’ll be grinding out 1-0 wins rather than steamrollering teams.

Sheffield United lived on 1-0 shit looking wins last season, did ok 👌 

21 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We desperately need a back up striker to Watkins.

We won’t sign a back up striker unless he’s a young prospect with lots of potential. We already have Samatta who won’t be a starter and let’s be kind and say is very average. 

If we sign another striker I believe he’ll be a starter or at least as good as Watkins theoretically. I believe if that happens it casts serious don’t on the future of Wes. Either doubts about his recover or his ability/suitably to our future set up.

I think Lange and Smith view things very differently than Suso. We’re buying high energy players with pace and it’s hard to see Wes as having those qualities. Viva la evolution! 

24 minutes ago, alf_stewart said:

Do you suppose we have names lined up to bid against quickly if Big Dion is right about Grealish? Cantwell? 

Dion talking nonsense. Haven't heard audio. Was it taken out of context or wind up talk show rubbish to get people phoning in?

I don't think we were ever serious in our interest for Benrahma. Whether that's because he intimated he didn't want to leave London, because he doesn't work hard enough defensively, or another reason entirely, who knows? 

Rashica looks a more exciting player and has played at a higher level so if we do get him I won't be giving Benrahma a second thought. 

Just now, TheStagMan said:

This is going to be an unpopular opinion but I actually wouldn't give up on Samatta yet.

As a second striker  I think there is potential there, last season  he wasn't getting that much support particularly at the end of the season after lockdown, prior to that  he looked ok to a degree .

I think there's a player in there but we shouldn't be relying on him so as a backup I'm good with that particularly if we sign plenty of other attacking intent such as Rashica and a n other.

I don't disagree - he seems to be quite determined - probably going to be third choice but I'd imagine ahead of Davis. 

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Dion talking nonsense. Haven't heard audio. Was it taken out of context or wind up talk show rubbish to get people phoning in?

Not suggesting Dion is ITK, but the club must have a well-developed plan for if Jack’s situation changes quite quickly? If he’s 100% committed and the club knows this, why is isn’t there a statement (or at least some loose reassurance) in the public domain?

20 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Well perhaps Traore is the back up and Samatta is going?

I would say Traore would be utilised in more of a AMR/CF role with Rashica on the left and Grealish in the middle behind the striker?

Interestingly, Traore & Marvelous know each other from their time when they both played for Vitesse.

2 minutes ago, alf_stewart said:

Not suggesting Dion is ITK, but the club must have a well-developed plan for if Jack’s situation changes quite quickly? If he’s 100% committed and the club knows this, why is isn’t there a statement (or at least some loose reassurance) in the public domain?

Probs actions not words - the owners seem like serious guys. 

• Like 2