Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

We're not messing around are we...

Matty Cash - £14m + add ons
Ollie Watkins - £28m + add ons
Rashica - £18m (likely + add ons)
Martinez - £16m (likely + add ons)
Traore - £19m (likely + add ons)

£95m on 5 players if we get the the current 3 targets over the line, which is looking likely for Martinez and Rashica. 

I thought I'd be more excited to see Villa splash the cash like this, but I am merely cautiously optimistic. I really hope we're throwing the big money at the right players. 

It’s crazy that we are signing/linked to all these players and yet we do not seem close to a centre mid. Really happy with what’s been happening but we must be in for at least one. I wonder who? A Kante type player and we have lift off. 

13 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Martinez
Cash - Konsa - Mings - Targett
                     Luiz
         McGinn - Grealish
  Traore - Watkins - Rashica 

Well that looks fun 

Not just fun, but quite possible as it stands. Good times. 

4 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

It’s crazy that we are signing/linked to all these players and yet we do not seem close to a centre mid. Really happy with what’s been happening but we must be in for at least one. I wonder who? A Kante type player and we have lift off. 

Maybe we aren't after a centre mid anymore and Dean has promised Grealish the number 8 position he really wants. Personally I'd rather a centre mid than two more wide players, but with the link to Traore coming when it sounds like Rashica is already en route perhaps centrally isn't a priority anymore.

I think Grealish will continue on the left hand side he's been playing there all pre-season, if there were plans to play him midfield I think that's where he'd be playing in the warm up games. I also expect us to sign a central midfielder.

4 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Maybe we aren't after a centre mid anymore and Dean has promised Grealish the number 8 position he really wants. Personally I'd rather a centre mid than two more wide players, but with the link to Traore coming when it sounds like Rashica is already en route perhaps centrally isn't a priority anymore.

I think this is the case. 

I expect us to bring in a cm squad player.