Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Our academy is getting stronger and stronger 

Technically is the academy getting stronger or are we just signing talented youngsters from elsewhere to fill up the youth teams?  The success of the academy depends on how the likes of Chukwuemeka develop I'd have thought.

3 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Eriksen looked good for Denmark plays in a 4 3 3 system on the left of a midfield 3 and inter want rid.

28 years old and in his prime.

no Kevin in his names though.

He'd be great but if Spurs couldn't afford to pay a wage to keep him I can't see us doing it unfortunately.

28 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Can anyone think of any exciting left footed right wingers who cut in? I think that's what we're really missing atm but I'm struggling to think of any decent potential signings.

Yeah we’ve been linked to or suggested several LW but not many RW... we tried to get Kubo on loan but were rejected.

Buendia? Bernardeschi? Can’t think of many, maybe Rashica can/will play there if we get him... 

Maybe this is where the links to King come from but i hope we can do better, or Watkins is playing there if we are bringing Edouard in (doubt it though but it would be a pleasant surprise).

McGinn?

7 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Eriksen looked good for Denmark plays in a 4 3 3 system on the left of a midfield 3 and inter want rid.

28 years old and in his prime.

no Kevin in his names though.

Impossible signing for us and he would want exorbitant wages if he could be tempted (but wouldn’t, would want to play at the highest level). These kinds of suggestions/links are pointless and completely unrealistic tbh.

Would be great though 😆

16 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Technically is the academy getting stronger or are we just signing talented youngsters from elsewhere to fill up the youth teams?  The success of the academy depends on how the likes of Chukwuemeka develop I'd have thought.

That line of thinking ends up with a eugenics lab at Bodymoor Heath

17 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

True but they can improve and develop with other talented players around them and the coaching and infrastructure. All of which is being improved. We are building something special I’m sure. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:
Aston Villa have won the race to sign Lamare Bogarde. [ ] #avfc

I love the way we talk about football transfers.

Our interest was first registered back in July - can't have been much of a race! What did we do to 'fend off' the opposition, wave our zimmer frame around? 

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

I love the way we talk about football transfers.

Our interest was first registered back in July - can't have been much of a race! What did we do to 'fend off' the opposition, wave our zimmer frame around? 

He's been linked with Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Newcastle from what I can see, who have supposedly been interested since April.

13 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

He's been linked with Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Newcastle from what I can see, who have supposedly been interested since April.

👍

Arsenal 'ready to blow rivals out the water' in bid to sign teenage Feyenoord sensation Lamare Bogarde

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8221425/Arsenal-ready-blow-rivals-water-bid-sign-Feyenoord-sensation-Lamare-Bogarde.html

I think, rightly, we are targeting a stronger and more physical front 3. Watkins is a good start, something like a Josh King on the left of a front 3 would be a good 2nd step. More pace, more goal threat, more defensive prowess from the front, higher up the pitch. That’s vital in the modern game. We lacked physicality once Wesley was out injured. ElGhazi and Trezeguet* just didn’t bring the required levels of physicality as the wider players in a front 3, they couldn’t press aggressively enough to slow the opposition down. If we get King we just need the right hand side sorted, and we’ll see a big improvement.  

*much improved in the final 4 or 5 games

• Like 1