Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

I think, rightly, we are targeting a stronger and more physical front 3. Watkins is a good start, something like a Josh King on the left of a front 3 would be a good 2nd step. More pace, more goal threat, more defensive prowess from the front, higher up the pitch. That’s vital in the modern game. We lacked physicality once Wesley was out injured. ElGhazi and Trezeguet* just didn’t bring the required levels of physicality as the wider players in a front 3, they couldn’t press aggressively enough to slow the opposition down. If we get King we just need the right hand side sorted, and we’ll see a big improvement.  

*much improved in the final 4 or 5 games

3 goals in open play, not really a goal threat.  Either get a wide man in or another striker, we don’t need another squad player.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

3 goals in open play, not really a goal threat.  Either get a wide man in or another striker, we don’t need another squad player.

Last season was one poorer season in the last four or five that were much better. Like other Bournemouth players and manager, he probably stayed a season too long, they were stagnant and needed freshening up. I think whoever gets Josh King will be getting a very capable Premier League performer, certainly not just a squad player. 

I think Wilson and King poor record last season can be put down to the way Bournemouth play, not entirely a reflection on the players. They only have 2 creative players to supply the attacks, the distracted and then absent Fraser, and the injured then rusty Brooks. People like Harry Wilson carried them with goals coming from set pieces. 

Don't know whether this has been discussed yet. 

Joshua King's agent is Jim Solbakken. Couple of things interesting about this.

Mainly, he is the brother of the Kobenhavn manager and a friend of Lange.

He is also Ole Gunnar Solskjaers agent which might be where the papers got the Man Utd transfer rumour / link from. Think he helped Ole bring a lot of players into Molde as he is the agent of some of their better players.

He's also the agent of Nyland and Bjarnason for an extra villa link. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

If we make this big name number 8 signing then who knows. Start of season McGinn probably starts as it’s getting late to settle people in before first game. But after a few I wouldn’t be surprised if this is that good. 

If we sign this ‘big name number 8’ then our midfield will be the new guy, DL and McGinn. And Grealish will be on the wing. Zero chance McGinn drops to the bench. One of the last positions that needs improving.

1 hour ago, OxfordVillan said:

Last season was one poorer season in the last four or five that were much better. Like other Bournemouth players and manager, he probably stayed a season too long, they were stagnant and needed freshening up. I think whoever gets Josh King will be getting a very capable Premier League performer, certainly not just a squad player. 

Not convinced and I hope we stay away, doesn’t fit our current strategy.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Has everyone given up on Trezeguet?

He were crucial to us staying up maybe he will kick on this season.

Nope, I like him and hope he'll kick on. Think he does have some ability although I think I'm in the minority. 

However, I do think we need a good, pacey winger / inside forward and they would take his place in the side. Hopefully a bit of competition for his place in the side, and not relying on him or El Ghazi will help them 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Has everyone given up on Trezeguet?

He were crucial to us staying up maybe he will kick on this season.

I think we can’t be in a position that we NEED to start AEG or (or especially AND) Trez. But I’m very happy for them to be in the squad and hopefully be raising their game as new competition comes in and pushing for starts. 

• Like 1