Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

You know what.

This is just like a woman who teases you for too long with distanced fluttery eyes, winks and silent promises.

By the time the moment comes, its been so drawn out, you are just like.......eh, whatever.

Probably still would though!

Keanu Reeves Reaction GIF

Midfield was definitely a problem last season both defensively and attacking.

Yes the injury didn't help with Mcginn….Douglas settling in...the main issue was only playing three in a league where most teams play 5.

As much as the quality wasn't there......it was mainly down to bad management not packing the midfield.

If going on rumours:

Martinez

Cash      Konsa         Mings        New LB

Douglas     McGinn

????               Grealish             Rashica

Watkins

That just leave someone on the right and new LB, I'd say that's not a bad team on paper, support in defence....support in attack

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Swop the ‘New LB’ for a beast of a midfielder and I would agree.  LB isn’t a priority for me, but if we lost either Luiz or McGinn we have a big hole in midfield.  Also if we are being over run in midfield we need some more solidity.

So for me bring in Rashica, another striker and a beast of a midfielder.  LB can wait.

Agreed

I agree a new LB isn’t a massive priority and if it had been then surprised we werent in the mix for Jamal Lewis who looks a bargain at £13.5m.

So Rico Henry will be £15m plus given the Brentford premium we have to pay.

This maybe more for the U23 thread but really liking the speculation around Caleb Chukwuemeka, older brother of Carney.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/09/11/report-aston-villa-and-norwich-want-midfielder-whose-brother-is-at-villa-park/

Could well be a version of Keinan Davis, but one who actually scores, which actually makes him a bit of a Tammy.

Bizarre given how we’ve had a reputation of signing siblings (Ramseys, Gardners, Moores) we seem to have missed out on Caleb at a younger age.

11 minutes ago, MJ_1874 said:

My predicted (hopeful) first 11 by 5th October.  Would be very excited to see what this side could do.

image.png.03df92c33a984a1b04325536bb9a3181.png

I still think it's likely Grealish will remain left and Nakamba/new DM comes in. Alternatively Luiz plays deep and a new CM comes in. 

• Like 2

On 08/09/2020 at 04:33, Kiwivillan said:

Didn't you link article linking to Gregg Evans piece. Gregg Evans says Villa have launched 2nd bid for Martinez. I'll see how that plays out regarding his ITK status. He seems to use popular ITK hedge phrases like "it's my understanding"...

Not over the line yet, but I think Gregg Evans credibility may be rising even though on this one he may have been following the pack.

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I still think it's likely Grealish will remain left and Nakamba/new DM comes in. Alternatively Luiz plays deep and a new CM comes in. 

I love the line up......I can’t see us spending another c£55m on Rashica and Benrahma, if anything it’ll only be one of them. 

Remember in terms of the ‘£100m transfer kitty’ we’ll have spent between £60m-£70m on Cash, Watkins and Martinez.

I’d actually be happy with Obafemi from Southampton and Gallagher on loan For our last two signings.

Obviously if we can upgrade Obafemi with Brewster the lovely jubbly.