Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

I think theres abit of strategy involved with us and other clubs signing late this time, obviously other factors involved to. Let's face it you give away what your signing early on and how much of a budget you potentially have. Other clubs will take notice if you start signings first I think and attempt to combat that with much different signings, the top clubs in this league I think would have an advantage to everyone lower down giving away there signings, they instantly know what players to buy with certain ability. It's not so easy for the lower clubs in leagues to delay there signings but if they have some plans up there sleeves they may feel they need to delay. I know it may sound abit rubbish but i believe there is a certain part of what I've said that is true.

Like i said there is so much to think of and theres lots of strategy involved now, it's not so simple anymore to just sign someone quickly. Then there is also the fact that when clubs start revealing signings I think clubs who delay have different pools of players they may go for, not just one pool, they will have category A, B and C with what they want to tackle different scenarios on the pitch. You also have the level of secrecy involved now which has gone through the roof as if its handled by MI5 and 6, it never used to be like that but its absolute mad to think how nothing gets out anymore compared the 90s and before.

I may be reaching I dont know but I just think theres absolutely no way especially in times like these are clubs going to reveal signings to early. Clubs revealing can potentially give away info so early on that it gives other clubs ideas how to combat such and such players and how they play on field.

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Not really sure with Billing, I only watched Bournemouth three times last year. He looked like a player that likes to get stuck in, break up play and tackle hard. He’d have been sent off had Howe not have pulled him off at half time (there you go Kenneth fans). 

We do need some steel in that DM position, his height and strength would be useful. But I just wonder whether he can pass the ball, and why didn’t his strength and tackling stop Bournemouth from conceding so many? 

I've no idea why people think he's a DM, he didn't play there for Bournemouth (Lerma was DM) and at Huddersfield it was Hogg-Billing-Mooy.

He's box to box so would come in as alternative for McGinn or Hourihane. Really don't think he's better than either.

54 minutes ago, sne said:

Apparently Cavani's move to Benfica is off because he was asking for something like £180k/week. 

Cheeky bid? :D 

Channeling my inner Kevin Keegan - I'd love it if we signed him. Absolutely love it. 

1 hour ago, John said:

Yes, that's a possibility, but I doubt news of a bid would not have made it into the press by now, had we actually made a bid and had it accepted. I think, if we've made any bids, they either haven't been accepted yet by the selling clubs, who are hoping another club will eventually meet their asking price, or the player is waiting for another club to offer him another option. If either of these is the case, I hope we will not be strung along for too long and miss a more obtainable player of very similar quality, as a result. 

Unless the doctor has a new job as our communications officer? lost in translation maybe?

😉😹🚨🚒🦵🦾😜😂✈️🤦🏽‍♂️🍑🍆🍑🍆🍑💛🧡😻💚💚😻🥳👨‍🚒🚒🦿👨‍🚒🚒🚒💟🤯🤯😱⭐🌟⭐💀🦷🦷🩸🛀🤦🏽‍♂️🤷🤼🤶🧟🧛🌀🌀🌀🌬️🌊🏞️🐕‍🦺🦮🐕🐆🐅🍇🥥🍅🏦🏦🏦🧳🌐🎫🎟️🎭🏧💸💵💴💶💰💰💰🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻📝📝📝♍♍♍♍🆓🆓🆕🏁🆒🆘🆑♏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I think theres abit of strategy involved with us and other clubs signing late this time, obviously other factors involved to. Let's face it you give away what your signing early on and how much of a budget you potentially have. Other clubs will take notice if you start signings first I think and attempt to combat that with much different signings, the top clubs in this league I think would have an advantage to everyone lower down giving away there signings, they instantly know what players to buy with certain ability. It's not so easy for the lower clubs in leagues to delay there signings but if they have some plans up there sleeves they may feel they need to delay. I know it may sound abit rubbish but i believe there is a certain part of what I've said that is true.

Like i said there is so much to think of and theres lots of strategy involved now, it's not so simple anymore to just sign someone quickly. Then there is also the fact that when clubs start revealing signings I think clubs who delay have different pools of players they may go for, not just one pool, they will have category A, B and C with what they want to tackle different scenarios on the pitch. You also have the level of secrecy involved now which has gone through the roof as if its handled by MI5 and 6, it never used to be like that but its absolute mad to think how nothing gets out anymore compared the 90s and before.

I may be reaching I dont know but I just think theres absolutely no way especially in times like these are clubs going to reveal signings to early. Clubs revealing can potentially give away info so early on that it gives other clubs ideas how to combat such and such players and how they play on field.

True, but by not doing it early we’re risking ~18 points. If we go into season with same front three as last season then we are almost guaranteed to struggle in most those first 6 games.

Just do not understand the logic of backing Samatta as first choice going into the season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'm going to wait to see what we do this window before I criticise what we do this window.

I will also do that, but caveat with the fact that we need at least 2 first team signings before the season starts,  which is a long time before the window closes

9 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I will also do that, but caveat with the fact that we need at least 2 first team signings before the season starts,  which is a long time before the window closes

I'd like that too. The context will be important though as if no one else has really signed anyone either it will look like there may be factors out of our control holding it back. Tbh I'd have liked them to close the window before the season starts still - I know it would have left limited time to do deals, but I'm sure teams would have managed it no problem if they had to make decisions early.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Just do not understand the logic of backing Samatta as first choice going into the season.

What makes you think this is the case? We have 4 weeks to go still and plenty of rumours that we are pushing hard for Watkins at the bare minimum. 

my starting 11 for sheff utd based on who it looks like might come in :

nyland

guibert   konsa   mings   targett

luiz

mcginn   hourihane

trezeguet                      grealish

samatta

Edited by Villa94
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Villa94 said:

nyland

luiz

mcginn   hourihane

samatta

I guarantee that will NOT be the line up for the first game which is 5 weeks away by the way!!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Villa94 said:

nyland

luiz

mcginn   hourihane

samatta

Don't have too much confidence in that side.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rubberman said:

What makes you think this is the case? We have 4 weeks to go still and plenty of rumours that we are pushing hard for Watkins at the bare minimum. 

Yes it is four weeks to go until the Sheff Utd game, and a week after it’s the Fulham game.

But in order to get the 4-6 points we really should be looking at from those fixtures we absolutely need any new ST to be settled in by then which means bringing him in over the next 7-10 days imo. We can’t be waiting until the end of the windows

5 minutes ago, Villa94 said:

nyland

luiz

mcginn   hourihane

samatta

Damn, you beat me to it! just about to post the same 😂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Villa94 said: