Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

58 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Liverpools wages last season was 87m.  Ours was around 18m.  3rd lowest in league if to believed.  120k isn’t crazy in terms of prem wages these days. Not that im interested in Villa signing him.

1. Barcelona – £438m
  2. Man United – £332m
  3. Man City – £315m
  4. Real Madrid – £312m
  5. Liverpool – £310m
  6. Bayern Munich – £292m
  7. PSG – £290m (2017-18)
  8. Chelsea – £285m
  9. Juventus – £281m
  10. Arsenal – £230m

That was 2019's top ten wage bills

Our wage bill was way above 18 million as well, not sure where you got these figures from and 120k isn't a crazy wage now but the calibre of player is higher than him if you aren't just pissing the money down the drain.
    Look at the wage bills on that list.... you can't just commit massive wages willy nilly its where most of the revenue goes.
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, rayk said:

Going back to the £55m headline for both Watkins and Benrahma.....I’m guessing Watkins is £25m (based on previous news stories) which means Benrahma must be £20m.

2+2=5?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, rayk said:

Going back to the £55m headline for both Watkins and Benrahma.....I’m guessing Watkins is £25m (based on previous news stories) which means Benrahma must be £20m.

I’d pay that all day long for Benrahma. Yeah he is a bit of a show boat player, but those players get a bad name for doing the tricks that lead to nothing. Easy to defend against.

But Benrahma’s tricks very often pay off and that would make most defences sh*t themselves when facing him.....and that fear factor creates spaces for others to use and (like Jack) leads to rash tackles and free kicks.

spacer.png

edit: that was tongue in cheek btw. Incidentally there’s way too many figures being thrown around for my liking. Let’s go back to spotting Jermaine Defoe at The Belfry. 

Edited by Spoony

I am now dumbfounded (yes, please all use that for a pun) on the £55m headline figure. Utterly crazy figure. I know it’s what Brentford want, not what we are going to pay but that really is taking the pis...sorry biscuit.

Hopefully there will be some links in the press this morning, if not news of an actual signing. Surely we are preparing a bid. The question is will it be a cheeky one, or a club record bid and just who will we be telephoning? 

When Is The Best Time To Sell Your Stars? | FM BLOG

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Im sure we are working on stuff behind the scenes. I just worry that all of our plan a's have fallen apart and we are struggling for plan b, c etc

Don't think there is a plan B in this window.

We are aiming for our main targets. If we can't sign any of those i doubt we'll be signing anyone.

This is something i fully agree with. Don't sign someone just to make up the numbers. If we can't get someone that will directly improve our starting eleven do not sign anyone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

We are aiming for our main targets. If we can't sign any of those i doubt we'll be signing anyone.

This is something i fully agree with. Don't sign someone just to make up the numbers. If we can't get someone that will directly improve our starting eleven do not sign anyone.

Signing nobody isn't an option and we would be crazy not to have plan Bs. It's not as if there are no plan B or C players who can improve us. There are some obvious positions we have to strengthen or it'll be more struggle next year—sure the team were playing better after the lockdown, but we need to improve the squad too.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Im sure we are working on stuff behind the scenes. I just worry that all of our plan a's have fallen apart and we are struggling for plan b, c etc

the a team 80s GIF

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If you look at the links, were seeing several for the same position. Clearly we want a forward who can also play wide, a central midfielder, possibly a keeper.

Agree with the sentiment though, our squad with another year together should be better. I'd be focused on players to improve the 11.