Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

34 minutes ago, John said:

They have already been stung by FFP,  having been banned from making signings during last summer's window. I can't see them falling foul of FFP again, after Manchester City's legal team, walked all over their CL FFP suspension recently. I'm sure Chelsea will now have accountants in place, that will be able to balance their books for them. :rolleyes:

Yeah quite. Not saying they will be fouling FFP currently. But if they want to go and bring 3 or 4 more players in then selling Tammy might be a viable option for them is all I'm saying.

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah quite. Not saying they will be fouling FFP currently. But if they want to go and bring 3 or 4 more players in then selling Tammy might be a viable option for them is all I'm saying.

I think we could do them a big favour and take Tammy off their hands,  if it helps them, in that case. 😊

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Possible alternative for Ollie Watkins. Nicolas Gonzalez is apparently available for around £20 million. Like Watkins, has played on the wings and in the center. 

Mentioned him a few days ago as an alternative to Cervi... Younger with more potential, he is reportedly wanted by Leeds, Brighton, AC, Dortmund, & Inter ... 

• Like 1

Chelsea might well sell Tammy if they want to go really large on a striker. I just think if he is sold there will be bigger clubs than us in for him. I think we could pay £50m and I think it would be worth it.  Maybe his history with us would swing it but I'm sure a Champions League team would be in for him. 

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Just seen that Everton are offering Doucoure 120k a week I’m no longer interested if that’s the case I’d rather have McKennie

Really?? That's shocking. I'd rather have McKennie than Doucoure on half that!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Just seen that Everton are offering Doucoure 120k a week I’m no longer interested if that’s the case I’d rather have McKennie

Liverpools wages last season was 87m.  Ours was around 18m.  3rd lowest in league if to believed.  120k isn’t crazy in terms of prem wages these days. Not that im interested in Villa signing him.

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Mentioned him a few days ago as an alternative to Cervi... Younger with more potential, he is reportedly wanted by Leeds, Brighton, AC, Dortmund, & Inter ... 

Isnt this the 6 minute YT video where he doesn’t score and provides no assists? I’d never seen such an honest YT video 😉

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, paul514 said:

When will Everton ever learn.......

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rayk said:

Isnt this the 6 minute YT video where he doesn’t score and provides no assists? I’d never seen such an honest YT video 😉

Yep that’ll be the one 😂🤣 completely effing pointless 

• Haha 1

What are everyone’s thoughts on our ‘C or D options’ options of Cervi or Thauvin?

Cervi looks like a minor upgrade on Trez and Thauvin had a really hard time settling in the UK so why run the risk again.

Id prefer taking Rhian Brewster on loan from Liverpool and play him RW than buy Cervi or Thauvin.

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

omg Birmingham "click bait" Mail have just hit rock bottom.

Headline: Aston Villa could be set for record transfer fee as defender heads towards exit - report

Story:

James Bree is set for the exit door at Villa Park, and Aston Villa could be set to recoup a record transfer fee from Luton Town.

Bree could end up costing the Hatters more than the £1.34 million it cost to bring goalkeeper Simon Sluga to Kenilworth Road.

absolute TRASH paper, omg......

Have to admit, I got fooled by that headline...😳

Going back to the £55m headline for both Watkins and Benrahma.....I’m guessing Watkins is £25m (based on previous news stories) which means Benrahma must be £20m.

I’d pay that all day long for Benrahma. Yeah he is a bit of a show boat player, but those players get a bad name for doing the tricks that lead to nothing. Easy to defend against.

But Benrahma’s tricks very often pay off and that would make most defences sh*t themselves when facing him.....and that fear factor creates spaces for others to use and (like Jack) leads to rash tackles and free kicks.

Edited by rayk
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Liverpools wages last season was 87m.  Ours was around 18m.  3rd lowest in league if to believed.  120k isn’t crazy in terms of prem wages these days. Not that im interested in Villa signing him.

Yes but not for Doucoure, I wanted him. But even Jack isn’t taking that amount atm. I’d give it to Tammy for example. We can gradually improve our wage bill with quality. Regarding the 18m, I’m not sure if it was referring this season or last one (when we promoted).

20 minutes ago, rayk said:

Going back to the £55m headline for both Watkins and Benrahma.....I’m guessing Watkins is £25m (based on previous news stories) which means Benrahma must be £20m.

I’d pay that all day long for Benrahma. Yeah he is a bit of a show boat player, but those players get a bad name for doing the tricks that lead to nothing. Easy to defend against.

But Benrahma’s tricks very often pay off and that would make most defences sh*t themselves when facing him.....and that fear factor creates spaces for others to use and (like Jack) leads to rash tackles and free kicks.

Would mean benrahma is 30 million which is far too much for him in my opinion. I'm notconvinced he would be much of an improvement on el ghazi or trez. He isn't fast or strong and like many players could struggle on the prem. I think any more than 15 and it wouldn't be a very good signing. I would prefer Buendia or Eze over him if we can't get rashica. 

8 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

our wages were certainly not 18m. (and Liverpools were in the region of 300m, not 87m)

Our wages in our promotion year were in the region of 65m, we dont know what last years were, but certainly more than 65m.

However, on balance its likely we had one of the lowest overall club wages last season (bottom 6 in wages almost certainly - ), at least in part due to the limitation on wages around years spent in Prem over the last X years (i think you need to have 3 full seasons in the prem to enable your clubs max wage capability - ie: increases for every season in the Prem up to 3 - i think Purslow has mentioned our wage restrictions last year due to the fact we one had 1 season in the prem in the last 3)

Hopefully that means we can compete for higher quality signings this season.

edit: on checking while writing this, seems our wages in the promotion season were 73m, which rose to 95m on promotion due to promotion clauses etc.

I would still guess that a wage bill of 100m (ish) would put us towards the bottom of the wage bill league table. (defo lower third of the table for wages)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1