Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, jonjon said:

This is why having the "window" closed well after the start of the season is all wrong, it should be closed and locked down BEFORE a ball is kicked, as no team can be settled and ready to go with transfers still taking place, but that's just my take on it all. 

I preferred it when there was no window....but hey ho.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, jonjon said:

This is why having the "window" closed well after the start of the season is all wrong, it should be closed and locked down BEFORE a ball is kicked, as no team can be settled and ready to go with transfers still taking place, but that's just my take on it all. 

Totally, in a sane world they'd be less games, the season would start in a normal year start of sept and the window could be from june 1st till halfway through august. Then the worst that could happen is you had two weeks at the end of pre-season to work with a settled group.

• Like 1

We're biding our time and will leave it right until the end of the window if we have to, at the moment clubs will try their luck and ask for ridiculous fees, but a lot of clubs need money at the moment so as it gets closer to the window closing players will be gettable at a cheaper price, this window will probably be more like the January window when most of the deals get done in the last few days.

4 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Grujic looks tidy. Billing looks awkward and lazy. 

That is an interesting call Grujic.....probably wouldn't be that extortionate either.

would give us variation in our game....and cover some of the weaknesses.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

We're biding our time and will leave it right until the end of the window if we have to, at the moment clubs will try their luck and ask for ridiculous fees, but a lot of clubs need money at the moment so as it gets closer to the window closing players will be gettable at a cheaper price, this window will probably be more like the January window when most of the deals get done in the last few days.

Is the summer the new january?

Edited by TRO

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

That is an interesting call Grujic.....probably wouldn't be that extortionate either.

would give us variation in our game....and cover some of the weaknesses.

Yeah a move for Grujic has been speculated for a couple of days. Fee ranges from £10m to £20m.

He’s certainly better than Hourihane or Lansbury....Nakamba probably too but he falls down an awful lot looking for free kicks an awful not.

Billing edges it for me more and more and that’s without how howitzer throw in.

McKennie #1 choice though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I preferred it when there was no window....but hey ho.

Yeah I think it’s fairer now but I miss the days when you could just suddenly sign someone on a random Thursday and wonder if they would make the team that weekend!