Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, rubberman said:

What makes you think this is the case? We have 4 weeks to go still and plenty of rumours that we are pushing hard for Watkins at the bare minimum. 

It's a waiting game for us all, I very much doubt if you will get Watkins until we have found his replacement, we are rumoured to have got several irons in the fire, but nothing forthcoming as yet, we all have to be patient.

1 minute ago, jonjon said:

It's a waiting game for us all, I very much doubt if you will get Watkins until we have found his replacement, we are rumoured to have got several irons in the fire, but nothing forthcoming as yet, we all have to be patient.

I very much doubt you’ll sell us Watkins if we find an alternative while you fanny about. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I very much doubt you’ll sell us Watkins if we find an alternative while you fanny about. 

It's not "fannying about" though really is it?

Wouldn't most clubs try to find a replacement for their best players before letting them go?

Also stops the clubs they are negotiating with taking the piss due to knowing they just got X amount for Watkins etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wouldn't most clubs try to find a replacement for their best players before letting them go?

Also stops the clubs they are negotiating with taking the piss due to knowing they just got X amount for Watkins etc.

I agree, but that's the sensible answer 😎

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be honest I think a lot of deals are dependent on others and probably many are already agreed behind closed doors. So for example, in this case us and Brentford may have already more or less agreed a price, so they probably know how much their budget is for a replacement but as you rightly say, they don’t want the world to know. That could also apply to the club they’re buying off and even the next club down the line. One deal gets done and suddenly it’s dominos time. 

I was just having a dig at jonjon. I’m sure he’ll get me back by telling the Brentford board to add a couple of million on the price. 😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, jonjon said:

I guess this is fine for now, but given how soon the season starts again I would imagine most clubs will want to get players in sooner rather than later.

I wonder if there is a deadline with which we are comfortable waiting until before we start looking elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

True, but by not doing it early we’re risking ~18 points. If we go into season with same front three as last season then we are almost guaranteed to struggle in most those first 6 games.

Just do not understand the logic of backing Samatta as first choice going into the season. 

I really hope we do not have Samatta as first choice, we do then we are screwed and I along with many will not be happy.

You can buy all the position you like but you need a striker who is efficient at scoring goals,if we dont have that it's all a wasted effort really to climb the premier ladder.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Just out of curiosity, do you go on the brentford forums?? If so what's the general thought of all this Watkins and Rahma saga on there.

At the risk of sounding like a demanding teenager on Twitter...

I know the common opinion is that no-one is really doing deals, but here are some of the deals that Prem teams have completed for potential first team players:

Arsenal: Willian

Brighton: Veltman, Lallana

Chelsea: Werner, Ziyech

Fulham: Robinson

Liverpool: Tsimikas

Man City: Ake, Torres

Sheff Utd: Ramsdale

Southampton: Salisu, Walker-Peters

Spurs: Hojbjerg

West Brom: Pereira

Now, I know a number of these were essentially agreed before the season ended (Willian, Lallana, Pereira etc) and some were release clauses (Ake etc), but also some of these were just standard, negotiated deals. 

It’s not always the case that clubs wait to line-up replacements before selling, and it’s not always the case that clubs hold out for more bids before deals get completed.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Grujic looks tidy. Billing looks awkward and lazy. 

I had to do the confused icon because of the lazy bit, that isnt what Billing is at all, hes an hard worker.

Edited by Dave-R

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I know the common opinion is that no-one is really doing deals, but here are some of the deals that Prem teams have completed for potential first team players:

Now, I know a number of these were essentially agreed before the season ended (Willian, Lallana, Pereira etc) and some were release clauses (Ake etc), but also some of these were just standard, negotiated deals. 

It’s not always the case that clubs wait to line-up replacements before selling, and it’s not always the case that clubs hold out for more bids before deals get completed.

It's a long window. We have to believe the club are working hard. There is a theory that because we hear nothing, nothing's happening. Media only got sniff of Konsa, Wesley and others the day of the transfer or the day before. Wouldn't even surprise me in the slightest if Watkins isn't even a person of interest. Personally i don't want to see massive changes anyway. We need to add, obviously. 3 to 4 into the first team and we'll be good.

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I had to do the confused icon because of the lazy bit, that isnt what Billing is at all, hes an hard worker.

I thought he looked very clumsy on the ball for Bournemouth a lot throughout. Simple 5 yard stuff. Saying that i also thought he was excellent in both games against us last season. Just like for like, Grujic is better i think but they'd command a big fee Hertha. Billing, getable.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I thought he looked very clumsy on the ball for Bournemouth a lot throughout. Simple 5 yard stuff. Saying that i also thought he was excellent in both games against us last season. Just like for like, Grujic is better i think but they'd command a big fee Hertha. Billing, getable.

Thing is you get Billing you get a very good defensive, intercepting, ball driving player who is cheaper yes your right, but you should end up with much more money left to do what you need up front.

10-15 mill good buy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

It looks like a lot listed up but it really is next to nothing and most of them would have known what league they were going to be in. Barely any of them would have started talks after the season. That list doesn't bother me at all, it just adds weight to the current situation to me.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Hard worker but absolute no premier league quality

• Like 1
  • Confused 1