Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

If we are looking to raid Bournemouth, id go for Solanke every day over Wilson.  The reason he didn’t score goals is because they stupidly played him nearly as a midfielder. Any time I watched them he has been excellent for the job they were having him do.

He has a good personality and work ethic and has a very good footballing ability as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

No chance we can get him for 15m, we'd be lucky if we get him for 25m and that's only because of Covid-19 issue. Otherwise not less than 35m. They didn't accept 18-20m last summer when he was injured and not done as he's doing at the moment.

Not less than £35m on a unproven in prem player ?  No chance to that either. £20m tops and if no then move on.

With Chelsea seemingly buying every attacking player under the age of 25, would Hudson Odoi be available? Is he good enough? I’ve only seen glimpses and is very skilful, but not sure if just a highlights player 

36 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

If we are looking to raid Bournemouth, id go for Solanke every day over Wilson.  The reason he didn’t score goals is because they stupidly played him nearly as a midfielder. Any time I watched them he has been excellent for the job they were having him do.

He has a good personality and work ethic and has a very good footballing ability as well.

Hey solanke o/

I would like us to go with more PL experienced players - realistically that means raiding the relegated clubs 

Bliings 

Will Hughes

Solanke/Wilson

Ben Foster

If jacks Manu bound - then I would try to get AT as part of the deal.

40 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

When did Solanke play as a midfielder?

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Solanke 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Think he cost Bournemouth about 5 million a Premier league goal

They didn’t play him as a striker but im glad you find people’s opinions humorous o wise one.

Going to be a very interesting window, we'll need the whole Grealish situation sorted sooner than later, love him to stay but wouldn't begrudge him if he went. That will dictate our main needs and budget I'd imagine. We can't have that dragging on all window.

I think we need to be more ambitious this time around, pay some big money be it in fee or wages, we have a bit more protection financially with regards to the parachute payments if we did go down next season, also the whole Covid situation seems to have rendered FFP a bit redundant. I think it's hard to predict how the market is going to be effected by the current situation, in theory prices should really level off or even possibly go down a little, but the big clubs just keep driving them up so who knows?!

Some talented players have been relegated this year, Liverpool picked up Wijnaldum and Robertson from relegated teams so they shouldn't be sniffed at, some may have relegation clauses as well, so there's value to be had.

I don't think we need lots of bodies in, though if Jack goes it does drive the numbers up a bit. Certainly we need some wingers with pace, the lack of pace and experience being the main flaws of last summers window. The squad as a whole now has a whole season of Premier League experience and it makes a huge difference, as does Smith, he had to adapt and change system/tactics, so I don't think we'll be buying for one system anymore, we've learnt that we have to be more flexible then that.

There will be further money available to strengthen the squad in this transfer window, and Villa have no desire to sell Jack Grealish - unless a big-money offer is made for the club's captain and talisman.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/12037188/dean-smith-aston-villa-future-secure-after-premier-league-survival