Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

I think the most likely players that DS will go for from the relegated clubs is Chris Mepham, only 22 and he was his manager at Brentford. Let him and Konsa fight it out for the place beside Mings. 

1 minute ago, daggy_333 said:

Ward-Prowse has supposedly signed a new contract.

New contracts are merely a tool for protecting investment, maintaining value. It might increase the purchase cost but it doesn’t mean the player player isn’t obtainable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Callum Wilson. 

Played for England. 28 years old. Prime years for  a striker. 40 PL goals. About a 1 in 3 striker at this level. Played in a Bournemouth team that have comfortably stayed up at this level for the past 4 or 5 years before it all went pete tong this year.

He's only hit double figures once in 5 years.  Had a great season in the Championship when Bournemouth came up, but not set the world on fire since.

He's a good player, but having him first choice is no less of a risk than Wesley.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Spurs are linked with a £10m move for him I read somewhere. Big wages are the problem too.

Love Spurs and Levy. They shop for champagne with a fizzy pop budget. :rolleyes:

Regarding Tammy Abraham; my take is that he seems to get the bulk of his goals in “hot spells” in the first half of a season. Maybe that’ll even out with experience. He done that with us last season, and it’s sort of happened again this season at Chelsea. Like I say, maybe just age/experience related. I just think he’d cost an awful lot of money, wouldn’t be for me at this moment in time.

Probably been mentioned already but I'd keep an eye on the championship play offs and should brentford mess up then go in for benrahma esp if trez is off to Turkey. 

I think Benrahma might play his face up for a move and if we offer a fair fee say £12-15m then it might help them make a dent in the debt of a new stadium esp when there's not going to be any fans in it for however long.

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

A backwards move in his  mind I think.

Moving from home to another probably mid table club next year can’t be high on his list of wants.

I would fancy us to finish above them next year but then again I think Palace could really struggle next season. So yeah I think Zaha will be looking at a top 10 club at least so I can't see him coming to Villa.

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

Probably been mentioned already but I'd keep an eye on the championship play offs and should brentford mess up then go in for benrahma esp if trez is off to Turkey. 

I think Benrahma might play his face up for a move and if we offer a fair fee say £12-15m then it might help them make a dent in the debt of a new stadium esp when there's not going to be any fans in it for however long.

And if Fulham fail then to for Mitrovic

• Like 1

11 hours ago, quazzie goat said:

We need competition at left back, get rid of Taylor. Two new starting wide players, a creative central midfielder, a box to box midfielder, a starting striker and another centre half as back up. 

Think we’ll see Hogan, Lansbury, Taylor, Nyland, Kalanic and Jota leave. Wouldn’t be fussed if Hause goes too. 

I understand what you're saying, but with the extended match day squads and subs, we need to be careful how many we let go. If we get rid of Taylor, then we need to spend money on a replacement. I would rather we used pretty much all of our budget on improving the first team, rather than our reserve left back.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Regarding Tammy Abraham; my take is that he seems to get the bulk of his goals in “hot spells” in the first half of a season. Maybe that’ll even out with experience. He done that with us last season, and it’s sort of happened again this season at Chelsea. Like I say, maybe just age/experience related. I just think he’d cost an awful lot of money, wouldn’t be for me at this moment in time.

Tammy did score 7 out of his 15 league goals during a 3 games spell early in the season.

But I fully get why Lampard went with Giroud for the final part of the season because he's been on fire. 8 goals in the last 12 games and he always works his socks off. Great team player.

Can't really see Chelsea ridding themselves of Tammy unless the contracts situation leads to a total meltdown.

Werner, Tammy, Giroud is a great line-up on paper with Werner also being able to play on the flanks. Batshuyai is likely to be moved on thou.