Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Would be good to start looking at bringing in more high potential youth talent as well. Will be nice to be able to build a bit with the future in mind without having to worry about chucking the signings straight in to the squad.

I like the look of Jayden Bogle at Derby. Looks a decent player at RB and would be much cheaper than Max Aarons, who no doubt will end up at Spurs.

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Hopefully Brentford miss out on promotion and we get Benrahma a year late

While I have a soft spot for Brentford I’ve been hoping the the exact same thing.

• Like 1

I'd be happy if we go to the season like this:

Heaton

Guilbert, Konsa, Mings, Targett

McGinn, Luiz

Benrahma, Eze, Grealish

Striker (not sure who, that's the hardest part).

While going for Doucoure or a similar player so we can have other choices. Possibly Swift as he won't cost much.

If we can get some money for Trez, Jota, Kalinic then I think that would be bonus. Not more than 14m though. Which could get us Eze (possibly slightly more).

Nyland, Elmo, Engels, Hause, Nakamba, Lansbury (I don't think anyone will afford him), Hourihane, El Ghazi, Wesley, Samatta (I prefer Davis out of the 3, but a loan would do him great I think). for the squad. So if we add Doucoure, Swift, possibly a young player which could be a gem. I think we'll have a very good squad.

24 minutes ago, vazquez said:

I would try to get Benjamin Henrichs from Monaco, currently on loan at RB Leipzig, can play full-back or midfield role. Reportedly has 15Meuro purchase price included in the loan deal. Very fast, skilled, strong, great vision. Absolute steal with that price.

He's gone on loan to RB Leipzig.

Some are mentioning Ward Prowse or Ings, I'm not sure wether it's real or just jokes, but I don't think we can get players out of teams as Southampton. They're good financially, are a very good team. It won't be easy at all to attract a first team player from the PL. I don't think we should even think that way. For example Zaha is willing to go out of Palace, do you think he'd be purchased easily? Who'll take him? Possibly Arsenal. But if no team get him will we be able to attract him? How much will his wages be?

Championship has a lot of good players, most of our players are doing the same despite the league.

Hourihane is the same Hourihane, assisting and scoring while doing nothing without ball.

Grealish is the same, possibly better now.

McGinn began greatly, declined, so far he show he can still do what he used to do down there.

Mings is doing good, but it's expected to get attacked more here.

El Ghazi is El Ghazi, once he's up to it he's superior, most likely not.

Elmo has his great delivery and cross.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

What is everyone's feeling on Mitrovic? Would you take him?

Mitrovic or Wilson?

If it's between the two I might take Mitrovic. But all will depend on who's available, and the cost.

11 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Some are mentioning Ward Prowse or Ings, I'm not sure wether it's real or just jokes, but I don't think we can get players out of teams as Southampton.

I agree with this. This is where our owners could eventually show financial muscle, or not... Realistically two types of player profiles we'll be after are players from relegated clubs and standout championship players. There could be good value there, mind. But hopefully we could make one or two more ambitious signings to show our intent. 

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan

11 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Do people think we'll extend Drinkwater's loan for a second time?

I would be more suprised than if Princess Di suddenly came out of hiding having faked her death, riding down The Mall sat on Shergar. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

What is everyone's feeling on Mitrovic? Would you take him?

Mitrovic or Wilson?

I think they both have some great qualities we need actually but i'd be more certain of Mitrovic as Wilson seems to have more issues and carries a little more risk. Mitrovic always seems to turn up at least and the last thing we need is any histrionics or sick notes.

If, as has been mentioned, Heaton is out for the first half of the season we really do need to strengthen that position. Having said that though what's happened to Steer?

As for the overall line up ...

Keep

GK Steer / Heaton

LB Targett

CB Mings, Konsa, Hause, Engels

RB Guilbert, Elmo

Midfielders Grealish, McGinn, Luiz, Hourihane, Vassilev

Strikers, Davis, Louie Barry.

Sell / Release

GK Nyland, Kalinic,

MF Jota, Lansbury, Drinkwater, ElGhazi, Trez, Nakamba

F Samatta, Wesley

There may be a couple in the sell section who may of course come good eventually like Wesley, Nakamba, Samatta & Nyland but with where we are right now i think we need more Prem ready  players. I'd rather we gradually brought through the likes of Louie Barry & Vassilev than try to shoe horn in players like Samatta & Nakamba who are clearly not quite there.

It's actually a lot more work needed in midfield and up front than i realised and yet that's weird considering the crazy number of goals we conceded last season indicating we needed major surgery on the defence. Since the lockdown however we seem to be much better back there and Konsa has stepped up massively. I do think we need another CB option in there however and possibly some work in the LB & RB area's. Maybe Elmo & Taylor are nearing the end and need upgrading although they actually did well when called on so i'm unsure.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

3 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

I agree with this. This is where our owners could eventually show financial muscle, or not... Realistically two types of player profiles we'll be after are players from relegated clubs and standout championship players. There could be good value there, mind. But hopefully we could make one or two more ambitious signings to show our intent. 

Even if we showed ambition, I don't think we can buy from certain teams. Our only realistic is Brighton, Burnley, not sure about Palace. Who would we get from them? They won't sell their best players surely. Actually we won't spend above what we should just to outmuscle them.

Maybe the ambitious signing could be Zaha? but wil he come? or he'll prefer to stay where he is?

The thing with the relegated teams is you'll get their best (and that's not an easy task).

We can buy from Everton, but in reality most are dead woods. Same goes to those midtables teams, they'd sell who they don't want.

Top teams will keep over valuing players, someone like Harry Wilson will go buy 25m-30m somehow!

Talks of Zaha are wide of the mark.

Regardless of his apparent decision to want away from CP, his most recent memories of us are a racist-laden posting on social media (leading to arrest) and a fight with Mings.

I think any other PL club looks more attractive to him than us.