RB: Guillbert, Elmo

DM: Luiz, Nakamba

CM: McGinn, Hourihane, Drinkwater, Lansbury

Attacking wide: Grealish, Trez, El Ghazi, Jota

Centre Forward: Wesley, Samatta, Davis, Vassilev, Hogan

So the colours mean:

Red: on loan.

Green: Player to be replaced.

As far as I can see none of our players are out of contract this summer. 

So for me I would be looking at replacing those 4 in Green with first team level players. I actually think a keeper might need to be priority No 1 (pardon the pun) as we can't continue with Nyland if Heaton is out for the first half of the season. 

If Grealish is going to stay we need to work out a system that gets him into midfield to control the game a bit more. Perhaps then he moved back to the CM and replaces Lansbury above and we buy another wide attacker. 

We will of course need to replace anyone else who leaves. Looking forward to an exciting summer! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Right let's do this! 

Keepers: Heaton, Reina. Nyland, Steer, Kalinic

LB: Targett Taylor

CB: Mings, Konsa, Hause, Engels

RB: Guillbert, Elmo

DM: Luiz, Nakamba

CM: McGinn, Hourihane, Drinkwater, Lansbury

Attacking wide: Grealish, Trez, El Ghazi, Jota

Centre Forward: Wesley, Samatta, Davis, Vassilev, Hogan

So the colours mean:

Red: on loan.

Green: Player to be replaced.

As far as I can see none of our players are out of contract this summer. 

So for me I would be looking at replacing those 4 in Green with first team level players. I actually think a keeper might need to be priority No 1 (pardon the pun) as we can't continue with Nyland if Heaton is out for the first half of the season. 

If Grealish is going to stay we need to work out a system that gets him into midfield to control the game a bit more. Perhaps then he moved back to the CM and replaces Lansbury above and we buy another wide attacker. 

We will of course need to replace anyone else who leaves. Looking forward to an exciting summer! 

I think you’d get one keeper in and find a youth player to be the fourth keeper. 

then you have three players to move on and replace. 

even spending £30m a pop doesn’t get you £100m spent and would get some decent players at that price of Premier league experience and quality. 

I agree though that we don’t need wholesale changes. That’s a step backwards 

I would try to get Benjamin Henrichs from Monaco, currently on loan at RB Leipzig, can play full-back or midfield role. Reportedly has 15Meuro purchase price included in the loan deal. Very fast, skilled, strong, great vision. Absolute steal with that price.

Team next season

-------------------Heaton---------------

Guilbert--Konsa--Mings--Targett

---------------------Luiz----------------------

----------------McGinn--Eze-----------------

Benrahma-----Wilson--------Grealish

51 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Probably been mentioned already but I'd keep an eye on the championship play offs and should brentford mess up then go in for benrahma esp if trez is off to Turkey. 

I think Benrahma might play his face up for a move and if we offer a fair fee say £12-15m then it might help them make a dent in the debt of a new stadium esp when there's not going to be any fans in it for however long.

No chance we can get him for 15m, we'd be lucky if we get him for 25m and that's only because of Covid-19 issue. Otherwise not less than 35m. They didn't accept 18-20m last summer when he was injured and not done as he's doing at the moment.

Our midfield is something I can't quite figure out. We got Grealish, McGinn and Luiz that are pretty decent to excellent. 

Assuming we stick with a 3 man midfield, we need one anchor surely? It's got to be balanced? At the same time McGinn is much better from the deep when he can break up play and bust forward. 

Luiz is often talked about as a defensive midfielder here, but while he can look like a DLP, I think he's more a regular CM than an anchor. DLP is nice in theory, but the question is whether the rest of our team suits that. 

I straight up wonder if Grealish should be looked at as a forward/winger in a 433 and we need a new anchor to compete with Nakamba. Grealish, McGinn and Luiz just does not feel balanced. 

1 hour ago, John said:

Love Spurs and Levy. They shop for champagne with a fizzy pop budget. :rolleyes:

And their clubs gone from a valuation of £60m to £2b in 20 years... how I wish we had been run half as well.

We need to be shrewd in the market, if Callum Wilson is available for around £10m we would be foolish not to be in for him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

He's only hit double figures once in 5 years.  Had a great season in the Championship when Bournemouth came up, but not set the world on fire since.

He's a good player, but having him first choice is no less of a risk than Wesley.

For this reason I wouldn't be keen. For a proven goalscorer his record is not great. If Wesley had only scored 7 in 35 this season there would have been uproar

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Our midfield is something I can't quite figure out. We got Grealish, McGinn and Luiz that are pretty decent to excellent. 

Assuming we stick with a 3 man midfield, we need one anchor surely? It's got to be balanced? At the same time McGinn is much better from the deep when he can break up play and bust forward. 

Luiz is often talked about as a defensive midfielder here, but while he can look like a DLP, I think he's more a regular CM than an anchor. DLP is nice in theory, but the question is whether the rest of our team suits that. 

I straight up wonder if Grealish should be looked at as a forward/winger in a 433 and we need a new anchor to compete with Nakamba. Grealish, McGinn and Luiz just does not feel balanced. 

Grealish has been better in the wide position than central this season and it’s where he should stay he gets a free role higher up the pitch and it allows him to pick the ball up wherever he wants    

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

For this reason I wouldn't be keen. For a proven goalscorer his record is not great. If Wesley had only scored 7 in 35 this season there would have been uproar

Wesley has a better goal ratio per game,  the media have shown bournmouth in this positive light for so long and made people believe that their player are better than they are, the sam as they are making you believe that grealish has to move to further his career 

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Jack definitely much, much better as a winger.

Just doesn't get into the game as an 8.

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think we can use Jack as a winger or a CM depending on the game. But I'd still get a winger (in Benrahma), as similar player to Jack in Eze. We can play those 3 behind the striker. I'd get someone as Doucoure who's physically strong that can add new dimension and option to our midfield. Then finally a striker. We could loan Reina again for the first half of the season.

Not looked through this thread so don't know if he's been mentioned but my number one target now we've stayed up would have to be Milot Rashica. I watched quite a bit of Werder Bremen this season and he's a star in the making. Apparently he wants to stay in Germany but we have been linked with him over the last few days. 

18 minutes ago, vazquez said:

I would try to get Benjamin Henrichs from Monaco, currently on loan at RB Leipzig, can play full-back or midfield role. Reportedly has 15Meuro purchase price included in the loan deal. Very fast, skilled, strong, great vision. Absolute steal with that price.

Move away from football manager and go outside. It's a nice day