Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Why couldn't he get in the team though during the last few months. Benched and couldn't get a look in. That's odd.

He was making appearances from the bench, but Giroud was in form from January. Plus, I imagine the contract situation played a part. 

8 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Josh king is the better of the 2 by a mile. His Injuries this season relegated them. 

I see many people talking about King here. He did an interview a while back in Norway  where he stated that he has an ambition to play Championship League football in his career. Whether he gets that or remains to be seen, but that is his target and I would think he would not come to Villa. He did get 5 minutes in Championships League for ManU ages ago, but he is saying that those minutes does not count in his eyes.

Although I like him as a player, I wouldn’t sign him due to his injuries. 

Chelsea are going to be playing something like 60 games between the start of next season on September 12th and the end on the 23th of May.

They won't be loaning out any players that can play a pat in the first team. Especially with the 5 subs rule and possibly relaxed squad rules.

That Jonathan David looks a decent player, twenty-one goals and eight assists this season, can play in various attacking positions, has pace and only twenty years old.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Not going to be popular, but I’d look at one £40m striker and then..... Deeney too. Yes I know who he supports, but his hustle up top us what we miss.

Well worth it, if only for the picture of him holding up a Villa shirt at Villa Park.:D 

He's a player that we love to hate and he loves to hate us. Even if we wanted him, I think he wouldn't come. 

People asking why players would come here... playing time, PL status and above all money... that’s pretty much the only factor of why a player would come here next year. 
Well we can probably give more playing time, we have the PL status and as for money luckily I think our owners have lots of it, and staying in the PL means we cans spend it. 
So if our owners are serious, and I fully believe they are, then I think we’ll see some big numbers thrown around. 

37 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Add to those King. 

It’s a little odd how Josh King seems to get overlooked. Very decent player in the Premier League who has scored many important goals for Bournemouth. He steps up to the plate more often than Callum Wilson. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Callum Wilson. 

Played for England. 28 years old. Prime years for  a striker. 40 PL goals. About a 1 in 3 striker at this level. Played in a Bournemouth team that have comfortably stayed up at this level for the past 4 or 5 years before it all went pete tong this year.

Not good enough for a Villa side who just scraped 35 points and had a strike force that registered 0 goals between then in their last 20(?) combined appearances.

This is what I love about Villa fans. It will all be cheeky bids for Isco. Trying to sign Poch and making  a statement and "why aren't we in for X player who has gone to Leicester."

To continue on from this...

Said Callum Wilson will end up signing for another team in the prem.

Will score 2-3 past us over the 2 fixtures. Villa fans will then moan as to why we didn't sign a 'quality proven striker' like him.

🤡

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

We conceded 67 goals this season - more than anyone bar Norwich. I'll be fuming if we don't sign a defender or midfielder!

Agreed, not sure why no one is naming any defenders to come in. We obviously need to sign some wingers and strikers with pace who can score goals but we need to improve defensively too. Personally I would let Taylor, Hause, Elmo and possibly Engels go and bring in 2 new full backs and a CB as backup/competition for Konsa. I'd love Malang Sarr on a free who can play CB or LB. Then Atal from Nice as RB competition with Guilbert and would love us to go for someone like Tagliafico from Ajax who is really experienced. If Heaton doesn't recover in time for the new season we'll need a GK too, Ramsdale would be good but maybe we could get Reina back again for a season. 

• Like 1