Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

11 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

If we're talking about Bournemouth, what's happened to Lewis Cook?

Seemed to be a big shock that they managed to bring him in from Leeds but he's been quiet.  Still only 23.

Was just thinking about that looking through at their squad, seems to have gone to the same route as Gary Gardener

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

If, as has been mentioned, Heaton is out for the first half of the season we really do need to strengthen that position. Having said that though what's happened to Steer?

I'd be taking Drągowski off Fiorentina if possible.  They'll likely have a bit of an overhaul when the new manager comes in and have always sold for the right price, plus they'll have Lafont coming back from loan and may fancy giving him a shot.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Move away from football manager and go outside. It's a nice day 

Based on Monaco's owners comments about selling the whole squad bar about 3 players I don't think any of their players should be instantly dismissed 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

No more duds... But that's not to say there's no talent coming out of Belgium because there definitely is

Yep i agree, we haven't had a great deal of luck in that regard so far, let's hope we get all the good ones next!

I do wonder whether Smith’s relationship with Benrahma could tempt him here over the higher placed sides that he’s been linked to.

I feel that, with Purslow, Smith and our owners, we do have a pretty good bargaining position for bringing in ambitious signings.

Just tell them we want to be aiming for Europa and that we’re going to spend £30m on 4-5 different positions and I’m sure players would look at us much more favourably.

7 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

Yep i agree, we haven't had a great deal of luck in that regard so far, let's hope we get all the good ones next!

Doku is the one that fits straight away as a left winger, unfortunately I think the only chance we'd have is by selling us as a stepping stone and he'd still be £20m, already linked to liverpool

Kana has been anderlecht captain at 17 and labelled the next kompany 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I do wonder whether Smith’s relationship with Benrahma could tempt him here over the higher placed sides that he’s been linked to.

I feel that, with Purslow, Smith and our owners, we do have a pretty good bargaining position for bringing in ambitious signings.

Just tell them we want to be aiming for Europa and that we’re going to spend £30m on 4-5 different positions and I’m sure players would look at us much more favourably.

The flip side of this is that a side that scrapes to safety on the last day of the season is going to have a ceiling for the quality of players willing to come here regardless of what we'll pay. Belotti etc. are well above that ceiling and I suspect Benrahma is too. Last summer was probably our chance with him.

9 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

If he has the option of going to say Chelsea then I don’t think so, if it was a choice between us and say West Ham then maybe.

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

If he has the option of going to say Chelsea then I don’t think so, if it was a choice between us and say West Ham then maybe.

If Chelsea buy another £30m attacking player then they're mad 

As for the player himself he'd obviously pick them over us but he'd do well to be 2nd choice there

3 minutes ago, Villa94 said:

people wanting to move up the table next season but moaning when we are talking about a players who would be on 60+ grand a week 🙄

Exactly this. If we don’t want to flirt with relegation again then we need to add 3-4 good Premier League talents. Those 3-4 players would likely amount to £150-200m, with salaries to match. Let’s see what route the owners want to take. It’ll be an interesting summer window, much more interesting than had we been relegated. Fingers crossed that staying up means we can now start to try and bash shoulders with the likes of Everton in the transfer market for the first time in over a decade. 

15 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

id be up for another Brentford raid Benrahma and Rico Henry would be fantastic additions. Henry especially would inject some much needed pace.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

That’s true, but the players Smith wanted last summer that were too rich for Purslow’s blood at approx £20M a pop (Benrahma and Philips) would probably cost double that today. 

I don’t think anyone we bought last summer - except Luiz who was a steal and special case - has increased in value at all. 

If Suso is staying (for me he shouldn’t) then hopefully Purslow will put more weight in Smith’s ability to pick a player. 

12 minutes ago, Villa94 said:

people wanting to move up the table next season but moaning when we are talking about a players who would be on 60+ grand a week 🙄

If that player is Callum Wilson I'd be moaning about it. Scored more than 8 goals in a PL season once in the last 5 years. 7 goals in 35 this season, whereas Wesley got 5 in 21 and was slated.

However, I would hope that we plan on signing 4-5 players on £60k / week minimum based on their ability. Isn't Lansbury on £45k / week?