Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

8 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Good preseason will see him right. 

P.s his champions League goals say hi.

He has 3 CL goals. You think that's enough to justify us keeping him around despite half a year of being shite?

Just now, Davkaus said:

He has 3 CL goals. You think that's enough to justify us keeping him around despite half a year of being shite?

African players when coming to England struggle on many levels. A proper pre season improvement in language skills and a better fitness regime will see him improve. Add to that he will learn more about the way that Dean Smith wants him to play.

Hardly been 6 months. Unless he was playing during the enforced postponement of the league.

51 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

He can finish, but he stopped even trying to shoot for us in his games since the restart.

A 4 week rest to get his head straight and train with the squad should see him alright. I would want 2 better forwards coming in in the next 4 to 6 weeks though and keep samatta as a sub.

4 week rest. Doesn’t season start in 7 weeks? 

25 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

4 week rest. Doesn’t season start in 7 weeks? 

He won't be playing, he will be resting and he will be training with the squad. He's just had 3 months off. I would imagine a week or maybe 2 holidays then back into training or a 3 day training week for a few weeks then full time training.

Edited by brummybloke
  • Like 1

Genuinely one of the worst strikers we've had in the PL era. I cant believe people are saying "give him time". If we've learned nothing else this season, time is something you dont have in this league. He is 27, he isnt getting any better.

Whether he has talent or not is irrelevant. He's been appalling for us and needs to be shipped out immediately.

Btw, in his last 15 league games for Genk he scored 2 goals. A complete dud signing.

Edited by R.Bear

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Whoops.

Anyways. a 27 year old is hardly gonna develop much.

28 year old Jamie Vardy 5 goals in 34 Premier League games

27 year old Didier Drogba 10 league goals in a Premier League winning team

• Thanks 1

I appreciate him coming in and his effort.

But he's clearly not good enough. I'd send him out on loan or sell him.

If we're regularly giving him games next season then we've had an awful summer of recruitment.

3 hours ago, Farlz said:

He's been extremely bad since the restart however I definitely wouldn't be looking to sell him and neither will the club I'd imagine. 

It's almost as though he speaks the language has played in England for years and knew all his teammates games before he came.

He will be good next season.

5 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

African players when coming to England struggle on many levels. A proper pre season improvement in language skills and a better fitness regime will see him improve. Add to that he will learn more about the way that Dean Smith wants him to play.

Hardly been 6 months. Unless he was playing during the enforced postponement of the league.

Problem for me is he looked much better in his early games for us when he really was settling in. Was o.k v Leicester in cup, scored at Bournemouth on his league debut, thought he was excellent in first half v Spurs linking up with Grealish and then a well taken goal in the cup final.

Form has completely fallen off a cliff since restart which has really disappointed me.

33 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

It's almost as though he speaks the language has played in England for years and knew all his teammates games before he came.

He will be good next season.

Based on what?

id understand this if we saw flashes. But to me we don’t. He did a nice header in a cup final. That’s it

Â