Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Get rid

Don't see a player in him. Don't see what he is good at

We just survived an hour ago after a massive season and you are still being negative, take a break.  Even I would be giving Keinan a big hug and drinking a beer with him at the moment and everybody knows what I think of him (dont let @AvfcRigo82 know I said this, I would deny it)

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Why sell? weve hardly had enough strikers and he has been one of them. we need to develop the squad, useful option off the bench and in the cup, key is that we buy someone better but i wouldnt be selling anyone.

Is he a useful option off the bench? I don't think so. He's useful in the sense that he plays striker and we don't have a lot of strikers but that kind of goes out the window the moment we buy even a single striker. I think Davis is marginally better than him at the moment and he's much younger too so I'm guessing he'll be 4th choice for us if we buy even one striker.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Sell and buy much better, hes clearly not got what it takes anywhere.

I personally do not think wed of bought him if Wesley had of been injury free anyway.

but why not just buy much better as well as keeping him? weve seen this year the fragility of our squad, its needs to be strengthened.

Before the lockdown we saw some quality in Samatta, the change in formation has probably not suited him but i cannot see why we would sell him

7 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Why sell? weve hardly had enough strikers and he has been one of them. we need to develop the squad, useful option off the bench and in the cup, key is that we buy someone better but i wouldnt be selling anyone.

Because you sell him for £7m or whatever and add £20m to that to buy a £27m striker instead, and also use his wages towards that. 

He's not good enough and won't ever be. 

Just now, sidcow said:

Because you sell him for £7m or whatever and add £20m to that to buy a £27m striker instead, and also use his wages towards that. 

He's not good enough and won't ever be. 

was good enough to be a significant part of a team that kept us up when we looked dead and buried. weve also seen the impact of a large turn around in players. Cant see a reason to sell, all heroes tonight and all played a part.

Just now, cheltenham_villa said:

but why not just buy much better as well as keeping him? weve seen this year the fragility of our squad, its needs to be strengthened.

Before the lockdown we saw some quality in Samatta, the change in formation has probably not suited him but i cannot see why we would sell him

Would you rather keep him and he carrys on supplying nothing or bring someone else in his place who is much better??

Dont forget you only get so many places in your squad and I'm sure Smith and Co will even try to offload Ghazi and others as well.

Smith said after game that they wanted to go the route of creating a challanging team at end of last season, they couldnt do that because they had to bring in so many a player.

The next step comes next and part of that is to sell on players who have been highlighted as to weak for this league or not putting what they should be into it, for me two players that stood out as that are Samatta and Ghazi.

2 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

was good enough to be a significant part of a team that kept us up when we looked dead and buried. weve also seen the impact of a large turn around in players. Cant see a reason to sell, all heroes tonight and all played a part.

I wasn't suggesting that at all.  I was suggesting we sell 1 player. 

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He's a panic buy and isn't worth keeping around. He'll go on loans until his contract runs out. 

Exactly only brought to step in for Wesley injury.

18 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Where as luiz went from dirt to good, samatta went from good to dirt.

I suppose thats how the universe works?

Goes to show that players can turn things around. He’s only been here a few months, too soon to write him off.

• Like 1

Just now, LondonLax said:

Goes to show that players can turn things around. He’s only been here a few months, too soon to write him off.

He can finish, but he stopped even trying to shoot for us in his games since the restart.

A 4 week rest to get his head straight and train with the squad should see him alright. I would want 2 better forwards coming in in the next 4 to 6 weeks though and keep samatta as a sub.

I think there's a decent player in him, but something happened over lockdown as he went from looking like a player with some ability and energy trying to make it in a new league and new team to looking completely worn out and knackered.

He's still been putting work in but it looks like he's running on empty and struggled to know what to do whenever the ball came at him.

Â