Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

You’re watching a different player to me. 

He’s slow, he can’t head the ball, he’s a dreadful finisher, he hold it up worse than Davis and Wes, he makes no runs. 

maybe something will click but so far he’s been very very poor

Thats how i see it as well. Just adds so very little. Dont see the point keeping him

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats how i see it as well. Just adds so very little. Dont see the point keeping him

Don't see the point either.

We have Louie Barry coming through. Samatta just is a waste of space and wages.

Davis, Barry, Wesley and Wilson as striker options next season. Get rid of this guy. (Sorry Tanzania)

One of the clickbait sites on newsnow talks about how he lead the line , worked hard  and had our highest average rating since lockdown  ...

Not sure i saw that myself , but he spent far too many games isolated up front chasing shadows  ..IF we can improve the way we utilise forwards at the club he could have something about him , see goal v City in the Cup final

19 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

One of the clickbait sites on newsnow talks about how he lead the line , worked hard  and had our highest average rating since lockdown  ...

Not sure i saw that myself , but he spent far too many games isolated up front chasing shadows  ..IF we can improve the way we utilise forwards at the club he could have something about him , see goal v City in the Cup final

I re read that article about 16 times - couldn't believe it.

48 minutes ago, peterw said:

We bought in Baston to sit on the bench when we were short, what's wrong with New Super Striker - Wesley - Samatta - Davis?

Serious answer is you have 3 strikers in that list who are all largely the same. Wesley Samatta and Davis all play pretty much the same way but to differing success levels.

I'd rather see one of them shifted, or sent out on loan, and have tow other striking options that offer a bit of variety.

33 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Worked his socks off for the team the last few games. Not had many opportunities in the ball, or many shooting chances. Keep in the said for next year and improve ahead of him.

I think he's had a few chances and he's fluffed all of them. Yesterday he had two decent chances. One he air shot and the other was a free header that he got totally wrong.

He doesn't get much service, but he does get some. It's not like he's finishing the chances he does get.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Serious answer is you have 3 strikers in that list who are all largely the same. Wesley Samatta and Davis all play pretty much the same way but to differing success levels.

I'd rather see one of them shifted, or sent out on loan, and have tow other striking options that offer a bit of variety.

How are they the same? Wesley and Samatta are nothing remotely similar in how they play. samatta likes the ball played into the box in the air, which is nothing like what Davis or Wesley like. The similarities that you see are largely down to the fact that we have one up front, and the manager asks them to play a similar way tactically, in terms of bringing players in.

Can’t say I’ve seen much of anything from him that makes me think he will dramatically improve and he does need to dramatically improve to be an asset at this level.

But it is always foolish to write players off after a few months in the PL so I’ll wait and see if he is capable of improving. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yeah but who the hell else are we going to find that's name fits in a Joe Dolce song? 

You've not heard of Viitorul's promising young Moldovan upstart Gottano Rişpekuto?

10 points to me if you Googled that.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

You've not heard of Viitorul's promising young Moldovan upstart Gottano Rişpekuto?

10 points to me if you Googled that.

Damn the like limit. LIKE 

• Haha 1

We only have three strikers so don't see the point in selling him. He might well improve. Clearly a top drawer striker is a priority this summer though. 

Would love Tammy if Chelsea aren't asking for something silly but there are plenty of other options if they are. We can't be gambling on players from substandard leagues again though - we've seen how that works. 

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Ah. The pace. This mythical pace that Trez possess I presume.

Heskey at 34 years old was more explosive than this guy.

Decent pace implies he isn't the fastest but isn't slow. If I had said he has pace it would imply he has outright pace. I.e Patson Daka pace.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

If we are being technical, Wesley has been the most "successful" of those 3 this season.

1 hour ago, peterw said:

How are they the same? Wesley and Samatta are nothing remotely similar in how they play. samatta likes the ball played into the box in the air, which is nothing like what Davis or Wesley like. The similarities that you see are largely down to the fact that we have one up front, and the manager asks them to play a similar way tactically, in terms of bringing players in.

Yeah I worded it badly. What you're saying is what I meant. 

They don't play exactly the same way individually (although there are big similarities across the three.

But WE have to play the same way with all of them imo. Like you said we play with one up front and play a certain way.

I'd like more variety amongst our strikers so we have a couple of different options in the way we play so we can change things up. 

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we are being technical, Wesley has been the most "successful" of those 3 this season.

Agreed. He's the best of the three

Â