January Transfers 2019/20

sne

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think Marvelous has done well for us, for me, he’s one of the first names on the teamsheet for me

I don’t rate him in the slightest. Incredibly limited footballer

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

28 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think that?

Football is a game of opinions Gaz. You have your view on players KHV has his...

You ask different forum posters this question every week mate  😂👍

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

The one position I don't think we need to sign any players is central midfield. I'd prioritise a left back to cover/push Targett before signing a CM.

If we can only sign 2 players it would be a striker and winger for me.

Edited by PieFacE

13 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Isn’t Marvelous that player?

Marvelous can break up play but we need someone who can rough up a midfielder and win stiff in the air. Against Newcastle I was worried when Carol came on because every long ball he won and against other teams we need a midfielder who can compete with a big striker and it would certainly help us cover our weaknesses from set pieces. 

We need a striker but it's the hardest position to fill. Look at top strikers in the league Aguero and Aubameyng are no brainers but Kane had about 20 loan spells until he got a lucky break same with Tammy, Firmino was an attacking midfielder and Vardy came from lower leagues and a lesser team would have ditched him after his 1st top flight season

6 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Football is a game of opinions Gaz. You have your view on players KHV has his...

You ask different forum posters this question every week mate  😂👍

It's actually one of the better questions that's asked here. It's not exactly unreasonable to expect a person to explain why he thinks as he does. Kinda discussion 101. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's actually one of the better questions that's asked here. It's not exactly unreasonable to expect a person to explain why he thinks as he does. Kinda discussion 101. 

Spot on, it's a question that's a guaranteed pathway to better understanding.

Surely when @Villan4Life you give your scout report, you give an account of why you think a player will make the grade, or why they won't?

And surely there's oftentimes a line of inquiry from the club you are scouting for, whether it's to see if a player ticks their boxes, or simply to explore your POV on them?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think that?

I think he is lightweight, his touch isn’t very good and his distribution is awful especially when he is under pressure. His weaknesses far outweigh his good points IMO

Daily Mail reporting that we're going to be forced into a 'firesale' because we're in danger of breaking FFP regulations. I thought this new decade was going to be a new beginning.

Edited by useless

1 hour ago, KHV said:

I think he is lightweight, his touch isn’t very good and his distribution is awful especially when he is under pressure. His weaknesses far outweigh his good points IMO

Fair enough, I can’t change your opinion. Personally, I think he’s done well for us, especially early on in the season, he’s tailed off a bit recently which culminated in him being dropped but he’ll come back I think 

45 minutes ago, useless said:

Daily Mail reporting that we're going to be forced into a 'firesale' because we're in danger of breaking FFP regulations. I thought this new decade was going to be a new beginning.

daily mail mate...nothing to see here

and if you read the story again, there are a lot of 'coulds', 'mays' and 'mights'

not sure what their agenda is...maybe and agent is trying to unsettle things cause they're after some of our lads

it does mention jack has a 45m buyout clause though...anyone know how true that is? bit concerning if it's accurate

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

it does mention jack has a 45m buyout clause though...anyone know how true that is? bit concerning if it's accurate

Pep did mention he would be too expensive to buy, I'm sure they could cobble together 45 million!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, useless said:

I think anyone who expects us to pay the £20m plus it would take to sign Benrahama in January is going to be disappointed, in fact I doubt we will be looking to sign a winger at all, we already have Grealish, El Ghazi, Trezeguet and Jota, and Elmohamady can play there and do an half decent job as well. Benrahma wouldn't even be a guranteed upgrade on those players, from what I can gather he hasn't been as good for Brentford this season.

We'll see about that come January, our owners will surely spend what it takes to give us the best chance of staying in the premier league. Loans with options to buy could the way to go for us.

Edited by useless