January Transfers 2019/20

sne

17 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

We could have got him from V9 (Vardy 9 )Trials for nothing in 2018 when he was at Herne Bay!! Now Liverpool are linked :(

I watched him and many other young hopefuls from non-league in June 2018 at Eithad Campus... He was at Herne Bay at the time :)I was there at time scouting for St Mirren. not one Villa scout was there!

I ended up suggesting 4 players to the club  (St Mirren) including McCallum and other defender Morgan Williams now 20 was 18 at time (who came from Mickleover Sports in Derbyshire) But Coventry beat my old club to both.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-news-17290373

Coventry City have been linked with a highly-rated winger currently making his mark in the seventh tier of the football pyramid.

The Sky Blues are no strangers to plucking up-and-coming talent from non-league football having signed a string of teenagers for their development squad in recent seasons.

Sam McCallum is the biggest success to date, having signed from Herne Bay via the V9 Academy trials 18 months ago as a fresh faced 17-year-old.

Now 19, the left-back is currently first choice in the first team and one of City’s most saleable assets going into the January transfer window.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5841765/Jamie-Vardys-V9-academy-helps-teenage-defender-Morgan-Williams-secure-Coventry-City.html

Williams, an 18-year-old defender who played for Mickleover Sports, had strong interest from St Mirren manager Alan Stubbs and Championship sides Sheffield United, West Brom and QPR.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

We could have got him from V9 (Vardy 9 )Trials for nothing in 2018 when he was at Herne Bay!! Now Liverpool are linked :(

I watched him and many other young hopefuls from non-league in June 2018 at Eithad Campus... He was at Herne Bay at the time :)I was there at time scouting for St Mirren. not one Villa scout was there!

I ended up suggesting 4 players to the club  (St Mirren) including McCallum and other defender Morgan Williams now 20 was 18 at time (who came from Mickleover Sports in Derbyshire) But Coventry beat my old club to both.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-news-17290373

Just out of curiousity does England have much of a futsal culture?

And have you come across scouts who would take the time to observe high quality futsal matches?

I know it's a different game, but you'll find some of the most technically sound players alive on the futsal pitch.

9 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Just out of curiousity does England have much of a futsal culture?

And have you come across scouts who would take the time to observe high quality futsal matches?

I know it's a different game, but you'll find some of the most technically sound players alive on the futsal pitch.

Not many other scouts do tbh but....................I'll watch any league mate!! Futsal games, grass-roots, National League North etcetc. I told St Mirren at time i would go to V9 off my own back (I had came back from Croatia the day before) to see if anything there at V9's! I never got paid a penny by club and cost me £40 get there! But it's made me even stronger as a scout watching that standard do i took the positives out of it!!! And as you know i only offer talent it's up to them if they want sign them or not! If not i move on to next suggestions with serious talent once i find them regardless of level :)

I suggested a Swedish 2nd division player, a Malta international and other players i know of that i have spoken too and know of their credentials and they wasn't interested! 

Finally at a club now where i get listened too :)

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I'll watch any league mate!! Futsal games, grass-roots, National League North etcetc. I told St Mirren at time i would go to V9 (I had came back from Croatia the day before) to see if anything there at V9's! I never got paid a penny by club and cost me £40 get there! But it's made me even stronger as a scout watching that standard do i took the positives out of it!!! And as you know i only offer talent it's up to them if they want sign them or not! If not i move on to next suggestions with serious talent once i find them regardless of level :)

I suggested a Swedish 2nd division player, a Malta international and other players i know of that i have spoken too and know of their credentials and they normally wasn't interested! 

Finally at a club now where i get listened too :)

That's great mate, having a club that values your input. Sure you've earned that.

Recruitment is quite probably the biggest factor in determining the overall success of a club.

Good on you for paving the way for players to get noticed and potentially have a chance at living a dream.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

That's great mate, having a club that values your input. Sure you've earned that.

Recruitment is quite probably the biggest factor in determining the overall success of a club.

Good on you for paving the way for players to get noticed and potentially have a chance at living a dream.

i'll always do it mate! One day i hope to be least the Head Of Recruitment somewhere. It's not about wages or transfer fees in my eyes TALENT regard;less of their level, kids that need a chance!! Attitude, amplitude and talent always shines through!!

I'm going to football trials this Thursday in Stockport! Lot of players  age10-28 (I Been last 4 there) just needing a chance.... Providing in my opinion they are good enough!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I agree with that......during our finest hours in the late seventies and early eighties, it was quite clear, we had a midas touch for it , much like Leicester do now.

We bought in players that was never heard of and turned them in to gold.

We have never really been a club renowned for buying well at the top of the market....I don't think we have ever had the consistent network to capitalise on it.....we have always had our toe in and out of the water.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

I agree with that......during our finest hours in the late seventies and early eighties, it was quite clear, we had a midas touch for it , much like Leicester do now.

We bought in players that was never heard of and turned them in to gold.

We have never really been a club renowned for buying well at the top of the market....I don't think we have ever had the consistent network to capitalise on it.....we have always had our toe in and out of the water.

Have a like mate.. for me Talent shines through... not wage or prices for me. Or even league/ Level/division or country.

Just pure talent it’s plain to see.... regardless of position preferably under 25 too for resale value to reinvest. Other clubs do it so well!!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Have a like mate.. for me Talent shines through... not wage or prices for me. Or even league/ Level/division or country.

Just pure talent it’s plain to see.... regardless of position preferably under 25 too for resale value to reinvest. Other clubs do it so well!!

We need to catch up.

• Like 1

Now can people see what I mean when I say goals change games in relation to the Leicester game?

We score 2 against this young Liverpool side, against the run of play, and all of a sudden our men can also swing and suspend the pendulum of play in our favour totally.

Similar to the Leicester game, but the difference is everyone's excited and commending Leicester because it's in tune with their overall success this season.

When it comes to Villa people look at our results and assume that we are a poor side or something, even 4-0 at HT pundits are praising Liverpool's youth.

I'm a Villa supporter, I should be first to notice our successes and efforts.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This Elliot looks some player. I reckon he could start at most clubs already. Reminds me of a young Rooney.

Yeah he came on as sub  in Fulham's last couple of Prem games last season under Scott Parker. I watched vs Newcastle & vs Wolves and he stood out both games in May 2019!!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Just now, lexicon said:

Could do with a big, physical commanding CDM. 

Latest I read West Ham were an option for Sander Berge, they won't even have a manager before long.

Maybe we still have an outside chance of getting him. Obviously not if Plop are still interested.

44 minutes ago, sne said:

Latest I read West Ham were an option for Sander Berge, they won't even have a manager before long.

Maybe we still have an outside chance of getting him. Obviously not if Plop are still interested.

Chelsea want him as well

On 12/12/2019 at 16:47, MotoMkali said:

It is. Ceilings are based off of intangibles and athleticism. Because skill is something  that can be improved whereas you can't make yourself taller or faster and stronger (obviously you can but generally it is limited by your frame) to a point.

Wesley has good vision, great strength, good height and a good top speed. The rest of it is putting together the skills which whilst easier said than done is still possible especially when you consider wesley won't reach his technical peak till likely his late 20s when most players reach it at about 25 until they start losing athleticism. 

Citing 'intangibles' seems kind of like argumentative cheating, but sadly I do largely agree that  Wesley's qualities are all too intangible.

On 16/12/2019 at 12:26, M_Afro said:

Anybody who is suggesting we re-sign Benteke should watch the first 41 minutes of tonight’s Palace match....    wtf has happened to the big man? He is an absolute shadow of his former self. Pretty sad to see really when you think about how good he was for us.

I thought so at the time and I think so now. We had him at his peak and he was fading with us when we sold him. After he left that trajectory just continued. I guess its that way for some players, peak early then fade. He gave us fantastic value all around.

I will always give him a clap. He was one of the very few bright spots in some pretty bleak times. But no, sadly he wouldnt be an upgrade or even a backup to our current forwards. Including Keenan.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer