January Transfers 2019/20

sne

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

4 keepers is just way too many.

Smith really need to decide who our 2nd choice keeper is and sell the other 2.

I feel so bad for Kalinic and Nyland. They have to go somewhere else to get regular gametime.

I think you are forgetting that Steer is injured at the moment and is out for Months - so having Nyland available is actually pretty important right now. 

Kalinic was an odd signing anyway at the time, I imagine he needs to be sold pretty quickly. 

18 minutes ago, sne said:

Nothing against him but I hope we can sell Kalinic in January.

He'll want minutes to try and get into the Croatia Euro squad and we can't have 4 senior keepers taking up places in the 25 man squad and costing money.

I think we tried to offload him in the summer and were unnsuccesful that time, he won't be here much longer.

13 hours ago, jonjon said:

That counts us out then as we don't do loans, our management policy is "why should we develop another clubs player"  we have a good B team set up that is a pathway to the 1st team.

Dean will keep you in the Premiership, it might be a close call, but he's Villa through and through and he won't let it happen, besides there are worse teams behind you.

No we don't do loans without an option to buy. They were very clear on that. They won't develop another clubs player if they can't buy them for a previously agreed fee. There is a big difference. If we had agreed to buy mings for 7 or 8 million before we loaned him we would have saved ourselves 15 million. That is the key difference.

Edit: I apologise I thought you were talking about villa sorry. 

Edited by MotoMkali

I predicted we would be in this position come January not signing another striker such as Maupay in the summer and relying on an unproven forward was a stupid stupid mistake.

Prepare to be held to ransom by clubs because it's the Jnuary transfer window and people will know how desperate we really are.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

No we don't do loans without an option to buy. They were very clear on that. They won't develop another clubs player if they can't buy them for a previously agreed fee. There is a big difference. If we had agreed to buy mings for 7 or 8 million before we loaned him we would have saved ourselves 15 million. That is the key difference.

jonjon is a Brentford fan.

I was told in the summer we were after jean-Phillipe Mateta From Mainz for between £20-30mill up until the close of the window ... plus with other links that didn’t materialise I think believe we have a hefty amount for the right target left over... I do wonder what happened with Maupay as in hindsight bad call but it must had made sense at the time and they still have my full trust. We are not **** around here with 4 chancers here they really know what they are doing. Will they be great owners and successful? ...Time will tell but the recent story about FFP and selling players is complete bollox! I reckon we will sign 3 players with two for the 1st team squad and a prospect/WIP. Just bloody well need to start winning games ! 

• Like 1

'ITK' person on Sheffield United forum was saying that Maupay's agent wanted a massive sum of money for himself in the summer which they refused to pay, no idea if that poster is In the know for real, but the other posters on there seemed to believe him very much so, so I presume that he'd been right about thinks previously.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, useless said:

I hope that isn’t just a generic, we like to keep things close to our chest remark, but a real dig at the pathetic Brum Mail and their copy and paste “journalists”. The worst local rag in history who I have nothing but contempt for. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, jonjon said:

I know that we develop players year in year out to a high standard, hence we sell on for a good profit, our problem is a small revenue from a small ground, we have to survive by selling our best developed players, but at some time that must stop if we we are to make the Premiership, hopefully moving to our new stadium next season will help our revenue stream.

Regards Andre Green, he does seem like a player who would fit our mould, and it looks good on paper, but if we lose a forward in January we need a player who is match fit and can hit the ground running if we are to maintain and keep our current position, all he's done at Preston is bench warm and had hardly any matches under his belt, I wonder why?

How do you Villa supporters rate him and could he do a job for us?

Cheers! He did a decent job for us in the Championship and that was without much in the way of coaching. He is worth a look for sure.

On 18/12/2019 at 22:54, PieFacE said:

The one position I don't think we need to sign any players is central midfield. I'd prioritise a left back to cover/push Targett before signing a CM.

If we can only sign 2 players it would be a striker and winger for me.

I'm honestly surprised. I think our midfield is our weakest area. Our players are not combatitive enough nor skilled enough to play in half the games in this league. We need a big strong midfielder who can lock down an area because smaller midfielders are afraid of getting roughed up. They also need to have ability as well Sander Berge or Kessie from AC would be ideal although I imagine both would cost a pretty penny. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Don’t write Wesley off yet, I see potential in him even if no-one else does

No matter how much potential he has (or hasn't) the last two months have shown he shouldn't be starting week in week out at this level. Hasn't scored a league goal since first weekend in October and his general performances haven't been that great anyway.

To not sign someone to come in for him and take over when his form dipped was just strange. Even after Maupay moved to Brighton we still had about five weeks to source another striker from somewhere.

All needs to be done in January to give us a good shot of staying up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

No matter how much potential he has (or hasn't) the last two months have shown he shouldn't be starting week in week out at this level. Hasn't scored a league goal since first weekend in October and his general performances haven't been that great anyway.

To not sign someone to come in for him and take over when his form dipped was just strange. Even after Maupay moved to Brighton we still had about five weeks to source another striker from somewhere.

All needs to be done in January to give us a good shot of staying up.

On the other hand we have only scored 10 goals in that period with 4-5 (depending on grealish's goal at Leicester) of them being from set pieces and a wonder goal so in reality he has only really had the opportunity to score 1 or 2 goals but has been a tad unlucky that we had such a horrid stretch of games.