January Transfers 2019/20

sne

46 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Do you reckon they’d be more willing to do the swap in January when he has 6 months left on his contract or the summer when we don’t own him?

Considering they would want £20m plus for Benrahma and the fact that we'd be lucky to get £1m for Green, when they go for Green is irrelevant. 

It won't have impact at all in any interest we may or may not have in Benrahma. 

10 minutes ago, av1 said:

Considering they would want £20m plus for Benrahma and the fact that we'd be lucky to get £1m for Green, when they go for Green is irrelevant. 

Yup.

Swap deal with us getting Benrama on loan to buy in summer option?

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Swap deal with us getting Benrama on loan to buy in summer option?

A swap deal with Benrahma and Green? And people keep telling me Brentford are Fantastic in the transfer market. 😋

16 minutes ago, av1 said:

A swap deal with Benrahma and Green? And people keep telling me Brentford are Fantastic in the transfer market. 😋

Nah basically just a way to delay the payment of the free for FFP reasons is what I meant lol

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nah basically just a way to delay the payment of the free for FFP reasons is what I meant lol

I know mate only playing. That would be perfect for us, I just don't see what Brentford would get out of it. With 6 months left on his contract we would probably snap Brentfords arms off for £1m, so if they want him they'd be able to get him without having to include Benrahma into any negotiations. And imo if they do let Benrahma go they wouldn't be doing us any favours regarding loan to buy. 

Just my opinion of course. 

I know mate only playing. That would be perfect for us, I just don't see what Brentford would get out of it. With 6 months left on his contract we would probably snap Brentfords arms off for £1m, so if they want him they'd be able to get him without having to include Benrahma into any negotiations. And imo if they do let Benrahma go they wouldn't be doing us any favours regarding loan to buy. 

Just my opinion of course. 

A good opinion as well

We aren't looking to sell anyone, but we could be interested in buying as we are slowly climbing the table, Green could be an option at the right price to cover for injuries etc, although he can't even get into the Preston side, one would have to take his match fitness into question, also, we have a young Turkish forward starting soon who we brought in the summer and loaned him back until Jan 1st.

The downside is that all the focus is now on Ollie Watkins  if you are allowed to count paper talk/click bait as a valid source, even Sky have got in the act saying we have put his price up to £25 million to try and keep him, who knows where they got that news from, 

Also I don't think Benrahma will be going anywhere as he's only just started to play like last season, due to injury problems at the start of the season, he now would be a big gamble at the price we want (undisclosed) and I don't think we would be interested in a loan to buy deal.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jonjon said:

A good opinion as well

We aren't looking to sell anyone, but we could be interested in buying as we are slowly climbing the table, Green could be an option at the right price to cover for injuries etc, although he can't even get into the Preston side, one would have to take his match fitness into question, also, we have a young Turkish forward starting soon who we brought in the summer and loaned him back until Jan 1st.

The downside is that all the focus is now on Ollie Watkins  if you are allowed to count paper talk/click bait as a valid source, even Sky have got in the act saying we have put his price up to £25 million to try and keep him, who knows where they got that news from, 

Also I don't think Benrahma will be going anywhere as he's only just started to play like last season, due to injury problems at the start of the season, he now would be a big gamble at the price we want (undisclosed) and I don't think we would be interested in a loan to buy deal.

If I were a Brentford fan my overiding concern about Green would be ability rather then fitness. 

He isn't very good I'm afraid. 

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

If I were a Brentford fan my overiding concern about Green would be ability rather then fitness. 

Thank you, I thought as much as it seems strange he can't get into the Preston team, Alex Neil obviously agrees as well, hopefully we will avoid that one!!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, av1 said:

Yes but Brentford buy players like green and turn them into good players and make profit on them.

If they got green for 1 mill, all while selling us Ben, that's complete utter crazy business on there part and they will of done more than well out of us.

A 20+ mill sale and a bought player for 1 mill, later down the line could end up doubling up on it with the sale of green if they make him work right. 

Edited by Dave-R

2 hours ago, av1 said:

While Brentford fans are on here browsing, we need to let then know that anything under 15 million is peanuts for a future England International and talisman Andre Green.... 

:ph34r:

54 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

While Brentford fans are on here browsing, we need to let then know that anything under 15 million is peanuts for a future England International and talisman Andre Green.... 

:ph34r:

It's Xmas time, not April 1st  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If and whoever we sign in January, I’m just glad that we no longer have to debate whether they would cope with playing on a cold Tuesday night in February, away at Rotherham!

Just think also that if we hadn’t of gained promotion and had a striker shortage, we could have been debating the transfer of someone like Akinfenwa.

God bless NSWE.

• Like 2