January Transfers 2019/20

sne

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Don't think he would do much worse than the mugs we got in midfield now.

Easy to forget that Jedinak got a bunch of PL experience as well.

Apparently his performances last season and the fact he's retired is also easy to forget.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Do we know what is likely for Jan, whether the rumours around FFP are true or not, I'd fully expect our situation to not allow 30 - 40m on players. I think we need to find quality in the loan market.

Yeah we need to abandon the "only loan players with a buy for set fee clause" strategy.

If we can get a quality player in on loan, even one we have no chance of keeping in the summer we must. Because the current starting 11 is not good enough.

A striker, a RW, ideally a CM and a LB is needed to stay up. No way will we be able to afford all that in Jan.

So I think we need a CB, or a CB who can cover at full back (On both sides)

A Big strong midfielder who can play, and take control in tougher games, drive forward etc.

An attacking mid/winger/wide forward.

A Centre forward.

At minimum.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah we need to abandon the "only loan players with a buy for set fee clause" strategy.

If we can get a quality player in on loan, even one we have no chance of keeping in the summer we must. Because the current starting 11 is not good enough.

A striker, a RW, ideally a CM and a LB is needed to stay up. No way will we be able to afford all that in Jan.

Yes, we need to manage our own expectations, unless we sell someone I dont see any big investments. If we can only afford one thing it has to be a goalscorer 

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A Big strong midfielder who can play, and take control in tougher games, drive forward etc.

A Centre forward.

At minimum.

Pretty much it, striker, winger, centre mid, crucial. Then we need better cover. 

I don't give a shit if some of these are loans with no view to buy, it's desperation time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Don't think he would do much worse than the mugs we got in midfield now.

Easy to forget that Jedinak got a bunch of PL experience as well.

So does Alan Shearer and Paul Scholes maybe we should try to sign them

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A Centre forward.

At minimum.

Which was basically our summer shopping list 😞

An aggressive striker who will bully and harass defenders could transform us. (It would help if he scored a few too). We’re not worrying teams with any threat up front at all, which means they basically have to concentrate on nullifying Jack and can then essentially do what they like. 

We are an average team that’s going through a bad patch. The length of that bad patch will determine our fate this year. We’ve been scoring from midfield, but they have largely dried up too, which makes the whole team, particularly the defence more nervy. 

The team lacks aggression and a goal scorer. Finding someone who can bring that can have the added bonus of igniting some belief into the rest of the squad too. 

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

An aggressive striker who will bully and harass defenders could transform us. (It would help if he scored a few too). We’re not worrying teams with any threat up front at all, which means they basically have to concentrate on nullifying Jack and can then essentially do what they like. 

We are an average team that’s going through a bad patch. The length of that bad patch will determine our fate this year. We’ve been scoring from midfield, but they have largely dried up too, which makes the whole team, particularly the defence more nervy. 

The team lacks aggression and a goal scorer. Finding someone who can bring that can have the added bonus of igniting some belief into the rest of the squad too. 

Morelos would certainly add this.

The fans at Rangers even call him "El Bufalo" :D 

• Like 1

I'm going to go against the trend here. I don't want wholesale changes. For me a winger with a bag of pace and a poacher type striker. 

For me that's Said Benramha and I'd see if we can get  Gayle from Newcastle on loan. 

We need to keep the faith with the players bought in the summer. They will come good. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A Centre forward.

At minimum.

Just a new core then...will need divine intervention for that

1 hour ago, sne said:

Morelos would certainly add this.

The fans at Rangers even call him "El Bufalo" :D 

I know a Rangers fan and when the rumours started linking us he sent me a message, “Hands off”. Which would suggest they like him. He comes with the usual caveat of can he make the switch up? He’s certainly fiery which I like, provided he’s got it more or less under control, which reports suggest that he has. Sent off last week though! 

I’d say he’s a risk, but I’m not sure there are many signings that aren’t.