January Transfers 2019/20

sne

42 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well yes. But most teams that spend money don't. Fulham were an anomaly not the norm. 

I'd trust our team to spend money wisely. 

We've already spent £140m or whatever.  If we spend another £50m and go down, we're ****.  It's sensible not to do that.

No complaints from me, Borja may well be 2nd choice and may have a “career revival” here... Davis doesn’t appear to be a goalscorer. Low cost, low risk signing by the looks of it. At least we will have another option.

We really need Samatta to get up to speed ASAP though and fire in the goals, he will be heavily relied upon.

One of our strikers needs to be able to consistently bury chances and deliveries provided by the likes of Grealish & Targett (e.g. Leicester game).

Hopefully Samatta will be be that man once he gets his fitness up...Borja may be capable too.

Can we get a winger in now please? 😆

Sky sports say its confirmed by villa and Swansea that he is on the way to villa park for......medical/contract?, who knowns.

I wonder if a players knows they are leaving or want to leave, they have a medical earlier in the day that they can present to a club that's interested?

Seems a bit late in the day to get a medical done now?

20 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Don't buy this. We're in trouble if we go down regardless, staying up and thus giving ourselves the best chance to do so is the best thing we can do.

While this is true and I agree with what you've said there is obviously a limit. We are in trouble if we go down but clearly we'd be in more trouble if we spent £40m and went down, even more if we spent £60m etc. The club has a responsibility to draw that line somewhere and they have drawn it at the £143m which doesnt sound hugely unreasonable. The budget was obviously tight this Jan for those reasons. Samatta was the money buy and then we were in the loan/free market which makes it difficult to attract anyone of decent quality. 

We all hope Samatta turns out well, Kienan will obvious get chances now too. Lets hope between the two of them they pop up with a few winners starting tomorrow!

18 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We've already spent £140m or whatever.  If we spend another £50m and go down, we're ****.  It's sensible not to do that.

I really wasn't asking us to spend £50 million. You came up with that figure. I was just pointing out that most teams that spend lots of money don't go down. 

• Like 1