January Transfers 2019/20

sne

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

For me it's the pressure of staying up. A good striker would guarantee us surviving. Samatta and Davis don't really fill that gap for me. Samatta good but he's an unknown and looked very much off the pace. Davis for me won't score enough. 

I think our work this window is not really going to come close to guaranteeing us survival, it's going to be very tight.

We've not struggled for goals this season. With Davis in the team I think we'll score even more, even if he doesn't get too many himself. Samatta, Davis, Baston is about as much as we could have hoped for after Wesley's injury imo. The club is just not going to be splashing the cash this window.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

For me it's the pressure of staying up. A good striker would guarantee us surviving. Samatta and Davis don't really fill that gap for me. Samatta could be good but he's an unknown and looked very much off the pace. Davis for me won't score enough. 

I think our work this window is not really going to come close to guaranteeing us survival, it's going to be very tight.

But Samatta is the guy who was clearly signed to be our first choice striker, it’s fine not to agree with that but that is the choice the club has made. I don’t think anyone we signed could have guaranteed us survival 

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Not for me. I convinced myself we were signing nobody, so I'm **** elated.

I’ve thought the same for the last two weeks. It was just at the start of the window I was overly hopeful.

Ultimately I suppose I’d prefer to spend a few mill on a striker now that can help us scrape survival then go for a more ambitious target in the summer when the market is a bit easier. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

I admit I’d never heard of him until 30 seconds ago. But like all players I’ll give him a chance before I declare he’s shit. 

same here, never heard of him.

15 in 36 in La Liga shows he isnt bad (and 22 in 36 in Liga 2 the previous year), but obviously struggled the last 4 years, wonder if he can find some form again!?

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We've not struggled for goals this season. With Davis in the team I think we'll score even more, even if he doesn't get too many himself. Samatta, Davis, Baston is about as much as we could have hoped for after Wesley's injury imo. The club is just not going to be splashing the cash this window.

I think it could be a tactical error not to spend more than we have.

Definitely lacking quality in the forward areas, not just a striker who at least we have addressed but our wider players. Gonna be a tough few months.

saying Borjan on a free transfer? (contract runs out this summer)

sounds a fair shot to take in the dark.

Seems a bit, out of the blue, wonder if true?

Edited by MaVilla

Just now, MaVilla said:

same here, never heard of him.

15 in 36 in La Liga shows he isnt bad (and 22 in 36 in Liga 2 the previous year), but obviously struggled the last 4 years, wonder if he can find some form again!?

That was like 5 years ago and a career one off.

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

That was like 5 years ago and a career one off.

well, it was 18 actually (my mistake), and 22 the previous season in Liga 2.

If it is a free transfer as touted, tbh....might be worth a punt.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think it could be a tactical error not to spend more than we have.

Definitely lacking quality in the forward areas, not just a striker who at least we have addressed but our wider players. Gonna be a tough few months.

We can spend and still get relegated, and then we're really in the shit. This gamble is far less risky. 

He’s been involved in more loans than Wonga! 

TRANSFER HISTORY
Transfer historyFee
18/19Swansea CityEnglandSwansea 
Jun 30, 2019
End of loan
18/19Deportivo AlavésSpainAlavés 
Jul 16, 2018
Loan
17/18Swansea CityEnglandSwansea 
Jun 30, 2018
End of loan
17/18Málaga CFSpainMálaga CF 
Jul 4, 2017
Loan
16/17Swansea CityEnglandSwansea 
Aug 11, 2016
£16.20m
15/16SD EibarSpainSD Eibar 
Jul 31, 2015
Loan
14/15Real ZaragozaSpainReal Zaragoza 
Aug 28, 2014
Loan
13/14Deportivo de La CoruñaSpainDep. La Coruña 
Aug 26, 2013
Loan
12/13SD HuescaSpainSD Huesca 
Aug 29, 2012
Loan
11/12Real Murcia CFSpainReal Murcia 
Aug 1, 2011
Loan

• Haha 4

Just now, Keyblade said:

We can spend and still get relegated, and then we're really in the shit. This gamble is far less risky. 

Don't buy this. We're in trouble if we go down regardless, staying up and thus giving ourselves the best chance to do so is the best thing we can do.