January Transfers 2019/20

sne

6 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

No thanks. Would rather give Indy some game time, rather than a guy who can't even get in a mid table championship side and scored 1 goal in 18 in the PL. 

Too late, he's on his way for his medical!!!!

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

I guess it’s a good thing as he’s just another number in case one of the other strikers gets injured, but talk about an anti climax after convincing myself we’d spend €30m on Piatek!

Not for me. I convinced myself we were signing nobody, so I'm **** elated.

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Totally agree we should get another striker. Depth in that position is vital imo

Exactly. Our best chance of staying up is the strength of the squad. He improves that. 

If he and Samatta can get a few goals then that should be enough to help us. 

• Like 1

I’ve never heard of this Swansea striker but sounds like a smart move. Should be cheap as nearly out of contract. He’s effectively 3rd choice so hopefully won’t be needed but  gives us much needed cover for Samatta and Davis. Not sure we could realistically do much better this month.

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You could have said that about Tony Xia. In fact lots did. 

I made the mistake of telling anyone who questioned him that they were wrong to do so and they should have been grateful for him. 

We weren't going bust under Lerner though. He'd lost interest but we were still functioning as a club. Xia took us to within days of ceasing to exist. Then NSWE came in and not only saved us, but have invested heavily into the club and all signs say they will do for the long haul. They have literally not put a foot wrong since they got here. So the original post was spot on, we should be bloody grateful to them. You can't dismiss them because of what may or may not happen in the future.

I think Villa took it a bit too literally when they saw fans on Twitter say "sign someone, ANYONE!"

To be fair I don't know much about him, I guess it can't hurt to have an extra option in addition to Samatta and Davis though 🤔

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

A player Suso knows and he will be cheap and adds cover for Davis so will be 3rd choice at best. Makes sense if other targets aren’t an option until the summer. 

Fail to see how a sporting director knowing a player qualifies him to play for us. Sure there was a point somewhere in there though.

6 in 19 in the Championship, better than nothing? Probably but I'm massively concerned at the quality we have brought in this window.

For a comparison I'd say he's somewhat similar to Joselu who had a stint at Newcastle. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Baston..Yikes!

As pointless as Drinkwater. Doesn't improve us whatsoever 

If Samatta stays fit he might not even play that much. Could be 10 mins a game as a different option and someone that will compete with Davis, but at least he'll be in the squad.

We needed 2 strikers, we've signed 1 good one, 1 that might be ok, and one that could be a future star.

Samatta is our Wesley replacement, Davis getting fit is a massive plus and meant that anyone we signed was just going to be a body. Someone with a 1 in 3 record in the Championship is probably as good as we could have hoped for, he will hopefully never start a game for us, as would have been the case with whoever we signed for this role.

• Like 1