January Transfers 2019/20

sne

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's played 0 league minutes and WANTS to leave to play regular football before Euros. Do we not have any U23 defenders in case of emergency? 

I know why he wants to go. That's not the point. It's about the club not securing a replacement that is the main concern. I can't think of any decent u23 CBs that are premier league ready off the top of my head tbh. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Swansea basically our 24 hour garage for last minute buys.

Yeah, boxed out our minds and when we get there we realise we left our wallet at home, so we try asking the cashier who can't speak English if he can sub us a lion bar until tomorrow.

• Like 1

Smith is still keen to bolster his attack and French outlet L’Equipe claim Villa had made a loan with option to buy offer for Guirassy at the end of last week. 

However it’s a move that has been rejected with the 23-year-old preferring to finish the season at Amiens.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/aston-villa-dealt-transfer-blow-21404339

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think we should be on them. But I don't think it hurts being critical on some issues. 

If we go straight down, kind of ruins a lot of that good work they started. 

We could spend another £50m and still go down. 

• Like 1

Vassilev isn't even a striker, Baston's has scored six goals in twenty appearances for Swansea this year, more like fourteen in terms of minutes on the pitch, so he's a better goal scorer than Keinan Davis for example. When he was with Swansea in the Prem they also had Abraham, who only scored five goals because they were one of the worst attacking sides in the league that season. He wouldn't be the most glamorus of signings but he's another who's record doesn't look that great, but when you look at his goals to minutes ratio it looks a lot better. Would do as an extra option until the end of the season.

A player Suso knows and he will be cheap and adds cover for Davis so will be 3rd choice at best. Makes sense if other targets aren’t an option until the summer. 

Edited by thabucks

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

Jesus Christ Villa 

If the options are Baston, Hogan or nobody I'd go for Baston.

I don't think we have the luxury of spending lots of money, and clearly our loan options don't want to come here to be on the bench.

We can't moan about us not signing a backup, but then moan about the one we do sign.

I'm fine with this.

• Like 2