January Transfers 2019/20

sne

We literally just need anybody relatively competent to be third choice. Samatta and Davis should be enough but if it gets hairy as it did at the start of the month, we won't have to bring out a teenage midfielder to play up front.

Just now, Keyblade said:

We literally just need anybody relatively competent to be third choice. Samatta and Davis should be enough but if it gets hairy as it did at the start of the month, we won't have to bring out a teenage midfielder to play up front.

Well I don't know. No one can be confident that Samatta is the man, appears to have quite a way to go. 

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Well I don't know. No one can be confident that Samatta is the man, appears to have quite a way to go. 

I'm personally happy to give Davis a go. We've done just about alright this year either with no striker, or with one still coming to grips with this league. We just need someone who can do a job up front. They don't need to be spectacular.

5 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

We weren't going bust under Lerner though. He'd lost interest but we were still functioning as a club. Xia took us to within days of ceasing to exist. Then NSWE came in and not only saved us, but have invested heavily into the club and all signs say they will do for the long haul. They have literally not put a foot wrong since they got here. So the original post was spot on, we should be bloody grateful to them. You can't dismiss them because of what may or may not happen in the future.

I'm not dismissing them. I'm saying they're not untouchable just because Xia was on the verge of killing us.

6 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Time to get excited! A signing is a signing!

No one's slick as Baston
No one's quick as Baston
No one's neck's as incredibly thick as Baston's... 

No one fights like Baston
Douses lights like Baston
In a wrestling match nobody bites like Baston... 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I'm personally happy to give Davis a go. We've done just about alright this year either with no striker, or with one still coming to grips with this league. We just need someone who can do a job up front. They don't need to be spectacular.

For me it's the pressure of staying up. A good striker would guarantee us surviving. Samatta and Davis don't really fill that gap for me. Samatta could be good but he's an unknown and looked very much off the pace. Davis for me won't score enough. 

I think our work this window is not really going to come close to guaranteeing us survival, it's going to be very tight.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

blimey Borja Baston joined Swansea for 15.5m in 2016.......thats quite a bit.

to be fair he scored 18 in 36 for Eibar in the 15/16 season (La Liga), so he obviously wasnt terrible.

Seems to have stuttered since joining Swansea?, wonder if he could find some of the old form?

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

For me it's the pressure of staying up. A good striker would guarantee us surviving. Samatta and Davis don't really fill that gap for me. Samatta good but he's an unknown and looked very much off the pace. Davis for me won't score enough. 

I think our work this window is not really going to come close to guaranteeing us survival, it's going to be very tight.

With the way we play we don't really on a striker to score, with goals coming from other areas. As long as the striker is bringing others in to play, making good runs and generally being a bit of a nuisance for defenders, then he is doing enough.