January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Have to say, west ham are filling me with confidence that they will finish below us. 

I think they will finish 19th if they stick with Moyes

Such a uninspiring manager

Edited by villalad21

18 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Bowen apparently doesn't want a relegation pay cut clause in his contract according to TS who do actually seem to have some reasonable connections with West Ham

I think I heard that West Ham had tried to add the clause, after they had agreed a deal in principle with him or his agent. If that's the case, I can see why he might not agree to the amendment without a little more negotiation. After all, it may have been the cash offer made, that tempted him to join a sinking ship.Time for another club to step in perhaps?

I've listened to Talksport a lot in the car today..... They're still pushing Man Ure's failed bid for Josh King last night as hot news and a discussion point.

Most anti-climatic deadline day ever. Really thought we'd see another player in, a bit of tomfoolery of Odemwingie to QPR proportions and a purple toy in a SSN reporters ear.... Instead the only interesting thing on telly is the reflection of my candles whilst I go nuts with a bottle of Malbec.

Oh... and some quality doomsaying over Brexit.

To be fair the transfer window hasn't exactly been exciting for years now, especially deadline day. Doesn't matter who you support. When the window was first introduced I remember how exciting and unknown it all was, but it feels painfully restrictive towards all teams. 

It's the media that mostly try to hype up the window. 

• Like 3

Still hopeful of another addition, but if not it is what it is. 

Always a hard window to do business, not helped by the injuries to Wesley/Heaton/McGinn. 

16 minutes ago, Elton said:

Not sure if you’re serious?

Owners saved us from the brink, invested as much as they could and we’re 16th and in a cup final.

You should be on your knees thanking them.

My point is if we cant get any players in why get rid of players we need depth kodj ad Chester both out of contract in summer keep then aand jota if we simply cant afford anyone as some implying id have all 3 over no one. Someone mentioned injuries if and i say if we had pivotal players injured with current injuries we simply wont cope.

Edited by villan501

51 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Bowen apparently doesn't want a relegation pay cut clause in his contract according to TS who do actually seem to have some reasonable connections with West Ham

Can't remember who told me this but remember years ago when we were shit under Lambert and gabby was getting a new contract and Westwood, and Baker and every Tom dick and Harry in the team and it caused outrage on here cos they didn't deserve one? 

Those new contracts all came with relegation clauses to protect the club

• Like 1

I have a feeling that we will still get another loan over the line. Think the noises in the press about no more transfer action are relating to our decision to avoid any more expensive 4+ year contracts.

But a loan move for a squad striker would surely fall within any self-imposed or FFP financial restrictions, and must still be on Suso’s radar? Are we seriously saying this player doesn’t exist? Is the issue that a loan signing would want guaranteed minutes?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Who is Luke Matheson by the way?

A very talented youngster with massive potential that is having a great season and has played very well (and scored) vs Man Utd (Carabao Cup) & assisted Rochdale's goal vs Newcastle (FA Cup) this season with his rapid pace, he is a speeedster. £1mil is  a great price and i was hoping Villa would look more towards lower league's for players.

In September 2019, at the age of just 16, he scored the equaliser in a 1–1 draw against Manchester United in the EFL Cup third round at Old Trafford and impressed.

Check 7min 27s here with his pace to set up Wilbraham for Rochdale vs Newcastle. :)

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3