January Transfers 2019/20

sne

On 27/01/2020 at 21:14, HeyAnty said:

Don’t be surprised if we do get Serhou Guirassy.  Fantastic striker imo. Exactly who we should be going for.

French media now saying he is staying in France to summer.  Apparently we offered a loan at start of week but he didn’t want a loan deal. 

49 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Sky Sports News are desperately scraping the barrel to find any story of note. It’s painful to listen to :D 

I watched for about 10 minutes earlier. It was excruciating. Then they cut to Guardiola's press conference. The interviewer addressed him by saying "Happy deadline day". I threw up in my mouth and turned it off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

To be fair the transfer window hasn't exactly been exciting for years now, especially deadline day. Doesn't matter who you support. When the window was first introduced I remember how exciting and unknown it all was, but it feels painfully restrictive towards all teams. 

It's the media that mostly try to hype up the window. 

The transfer window is shit ! The only way to get it back to entertaining proportions and all the bollocks for the last 30 days is just have a 24 hour window.  Everything done in one day.  

• Like 1

That Matt Maher is usually quite reliable, so if he says we're still looking then I think there's still a chance something might happen. When he talks about FFP considerations I don't think he's saying that we won't buy anyone, just that we won't be spending a massive amount, or giving someone a big contract without a relegation clause, that kind of thing. Surely there has to be someone out there who would do a job as a third option.

• Like 1

Just now, Made In Aston said:

I think loaning Chester without a replacement is crazy, considering we play 3 CB and now only have 4. Even more crazy when the 4th seems to have been exiled to hell (or small heath high St as its more commonly known). 

He's played 0 league minutes and WANTS to leave to play regular football before Euros. Do we not have any U23 defenders in case of emergency? 

Jota gone yet? Haven’t seen any confirmation.

If we’re not getting anyone else in, we should keep squad players like him around as we don’t have a lot of options or that many players with an attacking threat imo. We may yet get a loan in, I would have liked to see a CF and winger...there is still time...

I wonder if we have a deal or two on hold until we get our outgoings finalised?

It’s easy to get caught up in the rush/excitement of deadline day (and don’t get me wrong, I do want a signing or two to be completed) but it’s not all doom & gloom if we don’t manage to get any more business done. McGinn will be like a new signing when he recovers from injury, I’m looking forward to his return!

A lot depends on Samatta hitting form though... and I don’t have faith that Davis can stay fit....

🤞🤞🤞

10 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

better than no striker at all, RHM has pace and makes runs behind defences. 

We didn’t start Vassilev when we had no strikers , Prefer RHM to get some actual game time than sit on the bench ,  if he impresses at derby we migh get a decent fee for him  

25 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I have a feeling that we will still get another loan over the line. Think the noises in the press about no more transfer action are relating to our decision to avoid any more expensive 4+ year contracts.

But a loan move for a squad striker would surely fall within any self-imposed or FFP financial restrictions, and must still be on Suso’s radar? Are we seriously saying this player doesn’t exist? Is the issue that a loan signing would want guaranteed minutes?

I've been thinking the same thing all day. It's blindingly obvious we aren't splashing the cash because of FFP. I still have a feeling we'll see a striker arrive on loan.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Hepburn-Murphy came on in the FA Cup against Manchester United and looked very dangerous, only way he'd get 'eaten alive' is if he's played as a target man, which is what happened to him when Bruce played him in the league cup. Very surprised that we're letting him go just to play for Derby's U23 team.

Reckon he joins derby permanently in the summer. Why would they sign a player on loan for a few months to stick him in a development squad.

50 minutes ago, Elton said:

Not sure if you’re serious?

Owners saved us from the brink, invested as much as they could and we’re 16th and in a cup final.

You should be on your knees thanking them.

Bloody well said. We literally have a club to support because of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

People said the same about lerner and then xia. 

I'm big fans of our current owners but let's learn our lesson before we make them untouchable. 

For now they are untouchable. If they lose interest like Lerner that could change but at present we couldn’t wish for any better.

3 minutes ago, Elton said:

For now they are untouchable. If they lose interest like Lerner that could change but at present we couldn’t wish for any better.

I don't think we should be on them. But I don't think it hurts being critical on some issues. 

If we go straight down, kind of ruins a lot of that good work they started. 

5 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Bloody well said. We literally have a club to support because of them.

You could have said that about Tony Xia. In fact lots did. 

I made the mistake of telling anyone who questioned him that they were wrong to do so and they should have been grateful for him.