January Transfers 2019/20

sne

4 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

If it’s only judged on club I’m not sure you can use that to talk down Morrison when the other guy has been at Oostende and Changchun in the last 3 years before joining Sheffield Utd.

Also, whether you remember it or not, he was incredibly highly rated. I distinctly remember pundits and Utd players (former or current) all raving about him being the most naturally talented footballer to come through their academy. Admittedly there were already question marks over his attitude and whether he would make it.

Incredibly Highly rated does not always mean that they turn into great players.... and great players don't spend their prime playing in China...... Not at all bothered by Sheffield signing him. 

53 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Neither do I. 

I also don't see the point in risking squad depth by letting him leave when we are in a serious relegation battle. 

Out of respect for him as a professional after he put his body on the line for us... they just feel Revan is ready to step up and fill the void of someone with a shot knee and zero league  minutes this season perhaps ? 

Edited by thabucks

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

Bowen apparently doesn't want a relegation pay cut clause in his contract according to TS who do actually seem to have some reasonable connections with West Ham

I'm sure he doesn't. However any club that gives in to that is mad. 

2 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Bowen apparently doesn't want a relegation pay cut clause in his contract according to TS who do actually seem to have some reasonable connections with West Ham

And I'm sure that's where our interest -- assuming we have any -- ends.

2 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

asking for £60k/w according to the rags.

That's a lot.

Just now, VillaHatesMe said:

And I'm sure that's where our interest -- assuming we have any -- ends.

I guess there are ways around it, He is apparently on about 10 grad a week at hull, offered 50/60 at west ham. Go in with an offer of 40 with no clause and it balances itself out anyway, we have paid far worse players that & more in the championship

53 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

in line with increasing our global appeal (Elmo, Trez, Samatta etc etc), maybe we should pick up Ki Sung-Yeung (MC/DM) on a free now he has been released by Newcastle, might increase our Korean support :P

I actually always rated him. Not sure what happened to him tbh.

1 hour ago, Silent_Bob said:

How hard can it be to bring players in? 

We are talking about a striker that will serve as backup until the end of the season. He can be old, he can be a loan he can be whatever. He just needs to be better than AEG as a striker.

Even loaning Benteke and paying 100% of his wages between now and the end of the season would just cost around £2m. 

I have no idea but I’m guessing quite hard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wowsers what a horrible window this has been weve literally stood still heaton mcginn wes injured kodj sold chester loaned and in we have reina samatta and drinkwater. Hope the board brpught some tin hats because if this goes to sh*t they will know about it. Huge gamble was it worth it time will tell.

1 minute ago, villan501 said:

Wowsers what a horrible window this has been weve literally stood still heaton mcginn wes injured kodj sold chester loaned and in we have reina samatta and drinkwater. Hope the board brpught some tin hats because if this goes to sh*t they will know about it. Huge gamble was it worth it time will tell.

How do you know they have even a quid to spend due to FFP?

1 minute ago, villan501 said:

They threw everything they had at the spine of the first team in the summer but gambled with no squad depth. I worry that we're another injury to any one of Mings or Grealish away from being screwed. Also, if Samatta can't hit the ground running we're even more reliant on goals from Grealish.