January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 minute ago, sne said:

Drinkwater is turning 30 in a month and is on £100k/w.

Has had alcohol issues and drunk driving conviction (last year) I'd be pissed if we spent money on him. 

I sort’ve agree, but sometime you need an experienced head for a couple of years, but I did state if the money is right. 
(for what it’s worth, and I don’t want to turn this into the Drinkwater thread, but I think it’s harsh to say alcohol issues. He had trouble on a night out, Jack did once, we don’t say he has alcohol issues. Also whilst I don’t condone it, footballers are idiots and a lot have driving convictions so harsh to hold Drinkwater to such extreme again)

• Like 1

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

I sort’ve agree, but sometime you need an experienced head for a couple of years, but I did state if the money is right. 
(for what it’s worth, and I don’t want to turn this into the Drinkwater thread, but I think it’s harsh to say alcohol issues. He had trouble on a night out, Jack did once, we don’t say he has alcohol issues. Also whilst I don’t condone it, footballers are idiots and a lot have driving convictions so harsh to hold Drinkwater to such extreme again)

to be fair jack was a teenager when he had his issues, this guy was what......28?

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Its more than once though. He was also drunk when he tried hitting on that girl that caused him to get beat up.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

First is was the drink driving, and then it was the acting like an arse and getting beat up at a club.

"Incidents" were months apart. It's not a one time thing, and it's not like he's a kid like Grealish was. Dude is almost 30.

That type of experienced head we can do without.

yes. yes we all know how Merson and McGrath turned out for us. Different times.

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Well if we don't bring another winger or striker were going down. The damage was done in the summer going into prem campaign with an unknown in Wesley was shocking.

We aren't going down. We have more than enough to stay up and are not even in the relegation places at the moment. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Nigel said:

We change back to 2 at the back. McGinn makes that formation work!

It probably the reason that we have let Chester go without replacing him, the knowledge that we have ample cover for 2 cms.

Explain two at the back please? A flat back 4?

Edited by zab6359

58 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Without signing a defender and a striker we’re a red card or injury away from a potential crisis.

I’d rather we didn’t take the risk but it looks unlikely we’re going to add to the squad today.

Although we have 4 CB's for 3 places.

1 hour ago, villan501 said:

Once this window i dont want to hear anything from smudger about couldnt get deals across the line its total bs whats the betting a last minute big bid so it looks like we were active all way through that gets rejected.

The Doug Ellis days are gone.

33 minutes ago, Nigel said:

We change back to 2 at the back. McGinn makes that formation work!

It probably the reason that we have let Chester go without replacing him, the knowledge that we have ample cover for 2 cms.

It's as good a time as any to resurrect the old Christmas tree formation. Bring back the 50's!😜

We have to remember the fairness rule, the rule which makes football fair for all, it's fair, always fair. The one where you can't replace a 25m striker or a 50m rated midfielder when they are injured, that fair rule.

The very same fair rule of which the EFL will be as moist as Rebekah Vardy when hearing gossip about friends - as the EFL wait to implement the fairness to dock us points if we go down, for fairness.

It's all absolutely financially fair.

21 minutes ago, useless said:

Eight years ago Ravel Morrison was playing for West Ham and then went on loan to small heath, he's never been considered one of the hottest talents in Europe.

If it’s only judged on club I’m not sure you can use that to talk down Morrison when the other guy has been at Oostende and Changchun in the last 3 years before joining Sheffield Utd.

Also, whether you remember it or not, he was incredibly highly rated. I distinctly remember pundits and Utd players (former or current) all raving about him being the most naturally talented footballer to come through their academy. Admittedly there were already question marks over his attitude and whether he would make it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Well if we don't bring another winger or striker were going down. The damage was done in the summer going into prem campaign with an unknown in Wesley was shocking.

Can we make this a sticky so that we can all point and laugh come May?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

If it’s only judged on club I’m not sure you can use that to talk down Morrison when the other guy has been at Oostende and Changchun in the last 3 years before joining Sheffield Utd.

Also, whether you remember it or not, he was incredibly highly rated. I distinctly remember pundits and Utd players (former or current) all raving about him being the most naturally talented footballer to come through their academy. Admittedly there were already question marks over his attitude and whether he would make it.

Fergie said he was better than Pogba.

35 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

in line with increasing our global appeal (Elmo, Trez, Samatta etc etc), maybe we should pick up Ki Sung-Yeung (MC/DM) on a free now he has been released by Newcastle, might increase our Korean support :P

You've just made me remember when we had an offer accepted for him when he was at Swansea in the Lambert years, and then it fell through when it turned out he wanted £80k/week 🙄

I think Koreans have rather better players they can support instead. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

She's such a media whore. Anything to get some airtime. 

This is kind of a classless comment about someone who works for the club. Why is she a 'media whore' for answering a question from a journalist?

• Like 2